WTH people!? (reputation)

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
That's one of the reason's I liked the anonymous rep. You could really go to town. I've already had one person PM me to ask why I gave a negative rep. If I wanted to get into a discussion about it, I wouldn't have repped anonymously - I would have PM'd.

Thing is I don't think I have the right to tell someone to change their posting style - I only have the right to indicate whether I approve of disapprove via the rep I have to give out.

I dont mind getting neg points if person signs it and if it really has reason for it (e.g. me being total ass in some topic), but when i get negs for disscusing game or when i posted in Forum Feedback trying to help solve that lag thing and get comment "offtopic. irrelevant" i would really like to see who was so bright to make that comment cause i was trying to help to see why so many people have problems with lag while posting and i just posted my experience with Firefox (which also lags).

So, on one hand, its good to see names of those that give rep, cause maybe now those that give them will think about it. On the other hand, i liked annonymity cause you could dissapprove with something and by reputation show that person he is wrong without starting personal wars.

That's the problem, IMO, with seeing names. Many people will now go personal on others just cause they gave them negs... which is both stupid and understanable...

Dunno.... it will take some time to get used to this....

Is the names listing for reputation a new option? I don't see any names from reputation remarks in my CP and I'm a senior member.

PC-Engine said:
Is the names listing for reputation a new option? I don't see any names from reputation remarks in my CP and I'm a senior member.

i have no idea.... i see names. it would help if someone explained who can see names and why....

Maybe one needs to sacrifize a few cute kittens at the temple of the Dave?

That's what sucks about religions, gods are bad a giving clear directions. And the god of teases is obviously the worst. All hail his name - Dave! :devilish:

Vysez said:
Yes, Senior Members have a lot more advantages than just private parking places and Jacuzzis in the User Control Panel.
My crystal ball predicts post-count spamming in the not too distant future. Those who crave the 'advantages' that apparently are only available to those with above a 2000 posts, or whatever the limit is, (custom titles in particular) tend to not care all that much about the quality of their content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vysez said:
Probably because you're a "member" while the others are Senior Member, I think.

Yes, Senior Members have a lot more advantages than just private parking places and Jacuzzis in the User Control Panel.
Ah, so rank does have it's privellages now? I dunno, that might make people get into spamming just to get postcount to get privs.....could be bad. :???:

But I think y'all know what you're doing so I'll just shut up and continue to enjoy meself and let y'all worry about it. ;)

Besides, postcount isn't about rank:

postpenis.jpg

Hmm...

PC-Engine who is a Senior Member can't see who gave him rep, and Phil who is a Member can see that feature...

The only explanation that makes sense is that the VBulletin Software is a Sony supporter. QED!

digitalwanderer said:
Ah, so rank does have it's privellages now? I dunno, that might make people get into spamming just to get postcount to get privs.....could be bad. :???
Apparently there is only 108 'Senior Members' at the moment, and there seems to be some other criteria at work as well. Not postcount alone. Anyone want to share what they are? Edit: Several people in the Senior Members group still have 'only' Member at their title/tag as well. I'm confused.

BTW: The fact that almost two thirds of those that can disable reputation have done so, could be seen as rather telling.

Vysez said:
PC-Engine who is a Senior Member can't see who gave him rep, and Phil who is a Member can see that feature...
Phil is in the senior members group, PC-Engine is not (ref: showgroups.php). The titles seems to be a little confused at the moment. Lots of people have disappeared from the Member List as well (including Digi and LB).

Edit: Wrote the pagename wrong.

Zaphod said:
Phil is in the senior members group, PC-Engine is not (ref: viewgroups.php). The titles seems to be a little confused at the moment. Lots of people have disappeared from the Member List as well (including Digi and LB).

OH GOD !! I knew it would happen!!! We posted so much that we f**ked the list!!11 :LOL:

Seriosuly, why r we not on the list? Quite freaky cause.. well i'm here... And dig is too.

Have you checked the members list by postcount? PC Engine is top poster with about 6k or so. :???:

Still some kinks to work out in the system, mebbe we get our own special catagory. ;)

this is getting weirder every day..... if this continues we will have LB complaining about girls in colledge and Sage going for modelling career....:LOL:

digitalwanderer said:
Have you checked the members list by postcount? PC Engine is top poster with about 6k or so. :???:

Still some kinks to work out in the system, mebbe we get our own special catagory. ;)

Haha I have nothing to do with it. :LOL: Anyway check out Phil's status..he's an Elite member. :devilish:

Code:
[url="http://member.php?u=2794"]silence[/url]			 			
Senior Noob

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

WHAT THE... Now it's:

Code:
[url="http://member.php?u=2794"]silence[/url]  
1337 Member

Back