Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Grall indexing service doesn't index the whole HDD. It only index those listed inside "indexing option".

Indexing service also have a bug that never got fixed: it take ages to find stuff if you have huge amount of stuff indexed.

Solution: Take out the folder from indexing service.

In windows Vista or xp, I don't remember which one, Microsoft allows "search" to be done with or without index. Then that option are gone in all newer windows.

A bad thing with windows10 (and all windows versions) is like now clicking on task manager or ctrl-alt-del etc should display task manager in a nanosecond, here it took ~30 secs. I remember back in the bad old days of HDDs and not much memory and some program would stuff up and GRIND the HDD so you would want to kill ASAP, you'ld go ctrl-alt-del but task manager would take a lifetime to startup

Use run instead. It's much faster than task manager.

Windows R.
Taskkill /f /im your program.exe

It will launch a command prompt and kill the program.

I usually use it when my pc starting to get sluggish from opening hundreds of tabs on chrome.

Do that command, bam! All chrome processes are killed. Then I can launch chrome again and restore the hundreds tabs without chugging the system.

I've used Edge since day 1 without any major issues. The product is "finished" in the same sense as Windows 10 is - it is finished as in, it's not beta and it's fully functional, but it isn't as in, it's being actively developed further and it's still missing few "basic things" like extension support (which will be included in Win10 Anniversary update) ((but then again, aren't all current browsers being actively developed?))

What blows my mind about Edge is how IE Modern was better in some ways and MS dumped features. Like the swipe navigation. Edge could be much better designed for touch than it is. Instead, I'm not sure what it is supposed to be good for. It's so barebones and we're now a year in and little has really changed with it.

The bookmarks menu /bar is pretty glitchy still too. And you can only import from IE? It's just so half assed. I can only imagine the horrors of the design-by-bipolar-committee process surely involved with it.

Unfortunately it's also the only Windows web browser with auto-correct typing to make touch typing less horrible.

Last edited:
What blows my mind about Edge is how IE Modern was better in some ways and MS dumped features. Like the swipe navigation. Edge could be much better designed for touch than it is. Instead, I'm not sure what it is supposed to be good for. It's so barebones and we're now a year in and little has really changed with it.

The bookmarks menu /bar is pretty glitchy still too. And you can only import from IE? It's just so half assed. I can only imagine the horrors of the design-by-bipolar-committee process surely involved with it.

Unfortunately it's also the only Windows web browser with auto-correct typing to make touch typing less horrible.
You'll like Anniversary update then, it should bring back the swiping. I think.

Reading this thread, makes me think Win10 itself comes with Orangpelupa's curse pre-installed.

It's working perfectly fine for me. I don't know what those others do to encounter such bad Karma.

I think it's my personal jinx trying to get me to jump off a building again. Switched back to Windows 7 just to continue development, I'm struggling to get networking working using a library I've already had working. Just testing, my PC will connect to Android but Android won't connect to my PC. However, the Surface Pro 4 works both ways. So now my PC is randomly interfering with network development and probably has been for a few days, causing my problems. I have bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back