Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3194496 Installation Issues
Oct 1, 2016 06:13 GMT

Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 10 cumulative update for PCs running version 1607 (Anniversary Update), and just as we reported yesterday, there were plenty of users who experienced installation issues.

In a post on the firm’s Community forums, Microsoft engineers confirm the installation problems and explain that the team is already investigating and developing a fix.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...te-kb3194496-installation-issues-508844.shtml

My update to 1607 was a bit of a shocker, when the system simply refused to login to my account after the final restart cycle. Every time I type-in my password the screen would simply black out for a second and get back to the logon screen, without any clue of what would be the issue. I thought my account was broken somehow. Anyway, after much fiddling with multiple solutions, it was only by accident that I was finally able to log into safe-mode and realize that the update process wasn't actually completed for some reason. It was smooth sailing after that, but a half lost weekend day.

I must be fortunate in that none of the 4 systems running Win10 that I support have had any issues whatsoever over the past months. They all have this latest update already installed and not a single problem.

My AMD A4 5350 micro server failed to upgrade from Win 10 Pro x64 twice now. Deferred this update till they sort it out.

Not me, because the first patch worked on all my systems. :)

Oh, duhr. I was thinking of the task bar and not the task tray. Strange.

Regards,
SB
It happened again yesterday. It happens if I drag the icons in the system tray or if I use the menu and select which icons I want to see

BOOOO

Wow Windows just looks so much better, OK its a clone of android, but hey if you can't beat em join em right. Im not against copying though cause we (the end users) win.
My question is does win 10 on phones have they also adopted the android 'material' look, or is it still 2d

Despite what can be said or not said about Windows 10, I do believe that Windows on phones can be of interest or relevance.

But, what if you only really need to run a single application and it's available for the duopoly only?, then it's toasted. I think of the so-called gig economy, where you pretend to be self-employed so that your employer doesn't pay anything related to healthcare, retirement, work accidents, unemployment etc.
These same people aren't going to hire .NET/Metro/UWP developers, save for perhaps for the hugest companies like Uber.

Here's an app I'm currently working on ... It detects products using the UWP platform supported barcode scanner (using webcams or whatever is available). For me the idea that it runs on the whole Windows 10 platform and is relatively easy (for me) to code is great. I did this in three weeks in my spare time. It reads a barcode, looks it up in the openfoodfacts public database, parses the ingredients list, presents the results in a hopefully nicely readable way that scales across the whole range of display devices (still have to do the phone factor to be honest though) and looks up EU Additive numbers for any of the ingredients. It's a nice base to expand it with a lot of other stuff, but I want to get a basic thing ready for beta at least sometime soon. There are still some hiccups (svg rendering library that I could find isn't rendering nearly as accurately as any of the browser ones), but it's shaping up to be a pretty nice platform for stuff like this. I wanted to have it scale properly across all screen dpis and such, but windows seems to be doing that quite well.

2016-10-09 (1).png

Just got a big popup from Windows Action Center about the presidential debate on twitter. What. The. Fuck.

Just got a big popup from Windows Action Center about the presidential debate on twitter. What. The. Fuck.

Strange, I didn't get anything related to that. Not that I'd particularly want to. Actually, I don't get any popups except from Outlook when a new e-mail arrives in my inbox (which is what I wanted it to do).

I think I used to get some other popups, but I clicked on one and told it to never do that again (or something like that) and I haven't gotten any since.

Regards,
SB

Went into settings for action center and there's a option for updates from twitter, which obviously they turn on by default. I don't even use twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back