The pain of fanboys and their rulers *spawn

I have to say PC fanboys can be just as bad or worse.

For example, there was a thread about a year ago in reddit's pcmasterrace showing how one could build a $400 PC that was superior to consoles in every way. The thing had a GTX 750 Ti 2GB (GM107) and something like a low-end Core i3 or a Pentium.

I tried to explain that at least the PS4 would be technically more powerful, because the iGPU had considerably more compute power, higher fillrate, access to much more RAM at a much higher bandwidth, etc. And all of that would show an even larger gap because of low-level optimizations available for consoles and not DX11/OpenGL at the time.
I made sure to say "sure, you can build a PC that is multiple times faster than any console, but this particular build is not, and you're actually getting more power for the money with the PS4 here".

I was insulted and my comment was downvoted so many times that I lost the right to post in there more than once every hour or something.
Imagine if they had a replaceable or rechargeable controller thread...... [emoji1]

You want to play a platform exclusive but buy the other platfom?
Well yes. Thats a lot different from his interpretation which sounds more like A buying platform X which B considers bad decision and A supports his decision to B as being better

How do you even define bad decision? Neither Xbox, PS or PC is a bad buying decision. All are good decisions based on what the consumer wants. And this is where the PCMasterrace becomes a big ballbuster. Console owners might argue which console is better but you wont see them claim that consoles are more powerful than PCs. At worst they can argue about their exclusives. The PC fanboys will try to convince the console owner that his buying decision is stupid because PCs are better at everything and cheaper even when the console owners dont even bother to argue against PCs

I have seen people argue consoles were more powerful than PCs. Like, I play consoles too(Though, not lately. A lot of the games I like are either better on PC or PC exclusive, like Killing Floor 2), but holy hell is that not true.

How do you even define bad decision?

Thats a lot different from his interpretation which sounds more like A buying platform X which B considers bad decision and A supports his decision to B as being better

My comment wasn’t mutually exclusive towards the PC/console gaming space.

I just find people who make bad purchasing decisions, knowing the facts (that the product is terrible), in general, are the worst noise makers. Especially those, having the nerve to evangelize how great the product is (knowing it isn’t), just to alleviate some type of buyer’s regret, by leading others down the same path.

I hate these motherfu**ers with the passion... :yep2:

Last edited:
How do you even define bad decision?
Buying a console of your favourite brand, realising they sold you a pup, trawling the internet for proof of secret sauce for months, nah years after release and then quietly admitting you don't actually mind lower resolution and a worse framerate despite arguing those very things last gen were the be all end all.

Buying a console of your favourite brand, realising they sold you a pup, trawling the internet for proof of secret sauce for months, nah years after release and then quietly admitting you don't actually mind lower resolution and a worse framerate despite arguing those very things last gen were the be all end all.

popcorn-blank.gif

Buyers regret is very much like inviting someone over for 'coffee' for the first time and realising they look nothing like the pictures.

That's what I heard anyway. I'd never invite a stranger over.

This is one of those fanboy arguments that's utterly ridiculous - Amiga was better in every way; ST had nothing. Not like Spectrum v C64 where Spectrum was crappy but had charm, games, low cost and street cred. Or DC versus PS2 and the like. ST was just a poor man's Amiga and there was no merit to its existence.

Atari ST beated amiga in many points. 8Mhz CPU vs The 7.14 on The amiga madeira quite a diference in 3D games like Hunger of F16 Fighting Falcon.
On the music scene ST was also a must de to its midi ports.

Fanboyism is fanboyism, it doesnt matter if its good or bad ;) If they want to bust your balls they will bust your balls. A consumer might buy a console even if he knows things like lower resolution are there. This is why people buy consoles knowing PCs perform better anyways. There is no "buyers regret"
Its the PC Master race that feel mostly consoles are bad buying decision (for others) and they are trying A LOT to make the console owners feel regret for their purchase. If they dont feel regret, the PCMR believes they do. Just enjoy your high end rig, enjoy your games and shut up you crazy bastards.

Just claim that your exclusives still have the best graphics, because 1st party can use the secret sauce, unlike third party lazy devs. It's the classic fall back that stays fresh generation after generation.

There really is no valid excuse for a fanboy to ever give up. Winners never quit.

I used to be a fanboy at my core
but not anymore
the art of losing isn't hard to master
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster
I lost a few worlds in my games, lovely ones.
And some games I owned, but not my home, although a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.

Let's play Heroes of Might and Magic
or Age of Wonders
easy to play but hard to master
and nothing would be a disaster

I have seen people argue consoles were more powerful than PCs. Like, I play consoles too(Though, not lately. A lot of the games I like are either better on PC or PC exclusive, like Killing Floor 2), but holy hell is that not true.

But there was a time, not long ago, where that was true. Where the best gaming platform was the console, and where only the most powerful of double GPU and water cooled PCs could best them. Because for some crazy reason, PC manufacturers were doing so to make a profit, while console manufacturers were subsidizing the cost of those consoles.

Now that consoles are nothing more than 3 year old PC's that were middle of the road 3 years ago, I don't think you hear those claims so much.

But there was a time, not long ago, where that was true. Where the best gaming platform was the console, and where only the most powerful of double GPU and water cooled PCs could best them.
'Best' means different things to different people. For many 'best' likely means the device able to provide the better technical performance by whatever combination of resolution, framerate and graphical settings an individual feels is important for their enjoyment. For me 'best' means being able to ignore my gaming device for a month but when I grab a controller, may device powers up in seconds, is completely up to date and I'm back in the game where I left off within seconds

This is because time is the most valuable commodity and current consoles really get the immediacy thing.

But there was a time, not long ago, where that was true. Where the best gaming platform was the console, and where only the most powerful of double GPU and water cooled PCs could best them.

Please refresh my memory as to when this was.

Now that consoles are nothing more than 3 year old PC's that were middle of the road 3 years ago, I don't think you hear those claims so much.

Well yeah, commodity hardware finally won out on consoles as it has been all over the computer industry for quite some time. No one is going to fit the bill to go against the grain and design exotic architecture and beg developers to design 30-100 million dollar software for it anymore.

Back