The pain of fanboys and their rulers *spawn

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Ok today I had a really silly conversation with someone. The ones I hate. Talking with a console zealot is never pretty.
Basically this guy is a MS zealot, claiming that the PS4 doesnt have a real performance advantage. Arguments included "the PS4 doesnt have good AA", "games almost always have worse framerate on PS4". Examples of such games? Included "I run both MGSV versions side by side and if you start spinning the camera fast the PS4 version has clear framedrops while XB1 doesnt (I dont know what he is talking about because I tried it at home and all I saw were some kind of motion blur artifacts rather than framderops)" or "Witcher runs better on XB1", "I dont care about 1080p".

I told him to check digital foundry. His counterargument was "pff I dont give a shit what they say in the internet I checked it myself" or "they are being paid by Sony marketing".

Yep....it wasnt pretty

The ones I hate. Talking with a console zealot is never pretty.

DJkBwOK.jpg

Console and PC warriors are entertaining, what is important is the software, not the platform. I bought the original Xbox because all my close friends were playing Halo, i also bought the Ps4 because i enjoyed the games released on Ps3. I couldn't care less about The Powah of the Cell™ or whatever it is nowadays (The Cloud™ i guess? :p).

Ok today I had a really silly conversation with someone. The ones I hate. Talking with a console zealot is never pretty.
Basically this guy is a MS zealot, claiming that the PS4 doesnt have a real performance advantage. Arguments included "the PS4 doesnt have good AA", "games almost always have worse framerate on PS4". Examples of such games? Included "I run both MGSV versions side by side and if you start spinning the camera fast the PS4 version has clear framedrops while XB1 doesnt (I dont know what he is talking about because I tried it at home and all I saw were some kind of motion blur artifacts rather than framderops)" or "Witcher runs better on XB1", "I dont care about 1080p".

I told him to check digital foundry. His counterargument was "pff I dont give a shit what they say in the internet I checked it myself" or "they are being paid by Sony marketing".

Yep....it wasnt pretty

Just show him the specs & say " That's mathematics, son! You can argue with me, but you can't argue with figures!"

Just show him the specs & say " That's mathematics, son! You can argue with me, but you can't argue with figures!"
I tried. It didnt work. He was like "Numbers dont mean anything, and even if I accept that the PS4 is a little more powerful, the PS4 is bullshit in terms of design. What the fuck have they been thinking to have the power supply internally and have overheating problems?? See the PC designs? Power supplies have their own fans."

He was also shouting that the XB1 is underutilized and its features are locked because "DirectX 12 not ready" and yada yada

Oh and also that MS bought AMD and its why graphics should run better on XBOX. Wha...?

btw I love that cartoon :D

I tried. It didnt work. He was like "Numbers dont mean anything, and even if I accept that the PS4 is a little more powerful, the PS4 is bullshit in terms of design. What the fuck have they been thinking to have the power supply internally and have overheating problems?? See the PC designs? Power supplies have their own fans."

He was also shouting that the XB1 is underutilized and its features are locked because "DirectX 12 not ready" and yada yada

Oh and also that MS bought AMD and its why graphics should run better on XBOX. Wha...?

btw I love that cartoon :D

Just show him facts at every turn or just let him be (unless he is trying to spread his thoughts as facts)

It's better you don't know. Don't search the internet and give his search a hit. That character was a cosmic error and hopefully we'll get to point where it doesn't exist any more and is forgotten and its blight on reason and sense isn't even a distant memory.
I am one step before I click the search button. Either you tell me what this dude is or I give him a hit. Yes. This is a thread!

I am one step before I click the search button. Either you tell me what this dude is or I give him a hit. Yes. This is a thread!

I'll just say that at some point he actually believed with Dx12 X1 would be able to run games real-time at 4k. Actual quote
Some Xbox Exclusives will be 4k this holiday I think. Why not if DX12 port brings more unused power.

Please tell me more :D

He has a twitter account, you can get a few good laughs out of that. I'd rather not link it here though, he is entertaining but not worthy of mention like SG said :p

Comedy gold but only in very small doses! :yes:
Indeed this guy gives birth to so many conspiracy theories and arguments supported by misinterpreted clues that if I go on reading them any more I will start believing them

He even uses Digital Foundry's images out of context! Oh not to mention that he claims Digital Foundry is in cahoots with Sony to spread propaganda. In his twitter he even claims that Eurogamer has been involved to make Tomb Raider fail in sales on the XB1

Indeed this guy gives birth to so many conspiracy theories and arguments supported by misinterpreted clues that if I go on reading them any more I will start believing them

He even uses Digital Foundry's images out of context! Oh not to mention that he claims Digital Foundry is in cahoots with Sony to spread propaganda. In his twitter he even claims that Eurogamer has been involved to make Tomb Raider fail in sales on the XB1
What is the name of his Fox News show again? [emoji41]

He's a guy (the guy) who posts shit like Xbox has a secret second GPU with the most imaginative evidence and interpretations, and has droves of Xbots mindlessly believing even when he's been wrong every. Single. Frickin' time! He's the only gaming cultist I know of. It's bad enough when fanboys collect in silly rabbles to share idiotic notions, but when they have a leader crafting the kind of mind-crack these numpties want to be addicted to, the turn into a force of true FUD and collectively regress human progress.

He's a guy (the guy) who posts shit like Xbox has a secret second GPU with the most imaginative evidence and interpretations, and has droves of Xbots mindlessly believing even when he's been wrong every. Single. Frickin' time! He's the only gaming cultist I know of. It's bad enough when fanboys collect in silly rabbles to share idiotic notions, but when they have a leader crafting the kind of mind-crack these numpties want to be addicted to, the turn into a force of true FUD and collectively regress human progress.
You need to add 'for the love of humanity' in there some where... Just saying.... [emoji1]

Back