The most recognizable human face...

london-boy said:
Yeah i think it's a close call between him (Hitler), John Paul II and Michael Jackson.

But what happens after they walk into the bar?... :LOL:

Somebody hit the nail on the head in this thread, if I remember correctly Sundblom's(sp?) Santa (Coca-Cola) is supposedly the "Most Known Face" in the world. Its one of those stories that pops up in the Atlanta newspaper (AJC) at least once a year (ie: around Christmas), that usually includes a shill to visit the World of Coke Museum in Atlanta. Which IMO is worth the admission price just to sample their products from around the world. Who knew you could have so many flavors of Lemon-Lime?

Remember, it's only in the US that Ronald McDonald is more recognizable than Jesus with Elementary school kids.

sytaylor said:
Natoma said:
Michael Jordan

British school kids wouldn't have a clue, and I'm pretty certain the same would go for most of europe.

You joking right? You must have missed the dream team phenomenon, or whenever the bulls went overseas, or the sheer marketing power behind Jordan's brand, courtesy of the legion of products he promotes.

Seriously though, go up to some british school kids and ask them if they know how Michael Jordan is. Hell I don't watch soccer (sorry, futbol :)) at all but I know who Beckham is, and could possibly even recognize his face, for example. :)

I don't remember how Michael Jordan looks like, I'm sure I wouldn't even recognice him if I saw a pic of him.
I don't watch sport so I might have only seen him on C64 game One On One: Jordan vs Bird

michael_jordan(silver-suit-good).jpg

Is not nearly as recognizable as

jordan-nike.jpg

Personally, I don't think too many people would actually recognize "Michael Jordan", or at least his face out of uniform. He just looks like a black guy, and doesn't have any memorable characteristics. Rodman, at least has crazy hair and lots of tattoos.

Natoma said:
sytaylor said:
Natoma said:
Michael Jordan

British school kids wouldn't have a clue, and I'm pretty certain the same would go for most of europe.

You joking right? You must have missed the dream team phenomenon, or whenever the bulls went overseas, or the sheer marketing power behind Jordan's brand, courtesy of the legion of products he promotes.

Seriously though, go up to some british school kids and ask them if they know how Michael Jordan is. Hell I don't watch soccer (sorry, futbol :)) at all but I know who Beckham is, and could possibly even recognize his face, for example. :)

You're a wordly wise net connected man, and one who takes a keen interest in the news and the world around himself. Contrast that with a 9 year old (too young to remember space jam) in the UK who's notion of the USA comes from any films and TV shows released in the last 5 years.

RussSchultz said:
Personally, I don't think too many people would actually recognize "Michael Jordan", or at least his face out of uniform. He just looks like a black guy, and doesn't have any memorable characteristics. Rodman, at least has crazy hair and lots of tattoos.
No way. MJ is one of the handsomest men on the planet, he's instantly recognizable.

Natoma said:
sytaylor said:
Natoma said:
Michael Jordan

I think you'd be suprised. Most people of my age (early twenties) would know of him but wouldn't be able to recognise him. Only a very small proportion of school kids would know who he is, let alone be able to recognise his face. When Beckham retires, the small amount of notoriety he has gained in the US will fade very quickly (unless he becomes chairman of the UN or something, haha).

I would guess that OJ Simpson would be more widely recognised than M. Jordan here, basically because of his trial and the Naked Gun films. Even James Brown's countenance, to pick another famous black American, might be more deeply ingrained in the British psyche.

RussSchultz said:
HA! Don King is much more recognizable than any of those people.

What, in the UK? Doubt it.

Stevie Wonder's another that most Brits would recognise before Michael Jordan.

Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X (Malik el-Shabaz)!

All more recognizable than Michael watshisnameagain...

Yeah, Malcolm X looks just like Mario Van Peebles. :D

Of course, Michael Jackson is the most recognisable black American. Hehe.

Sorry, but all these views are pretty limited to the culture you live in. I mean c'mon - do you seriously think ppl in african countries or countries like bangladesh/whatever other asian country would recognize who Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, F.Sinatra, Martin Luther King and most ofthe other persons are (were)? Maybe they would know/have heard about them, but recognizing their faces?
I live in central europe and i wouldn't recognize Sinatra, M.L. King, OJ Simpson and many others on let's say a photograph, although i know who they are and certainly have seen them on tv.

Anyways i wanted to say, i'd agree with Hitler being the closest pick.

Back