Automobile lovers: 10 cars of all time that you like most.

Nappe1

lp0 On Fire!
Veteran
...and why?

My List: (might be correted later on ;) )
1. Mini
- 80% of outside size used for space inside. Excelent handling and faster models really good power / weight ratios.

2. FF Jensen Interceptor.
- First sport coupe with antilock brakes and four wheel drive.

3. Isuzu Bellet GT-R
- forgotten sport coupe from the sixties. 1600ccm engine with 2 overhead camshafts. good handling.

4. Mercedes Benz 300SL
- first light weight production sport car with Tubular steel chassis. excelent power / weight ratio.

5. AMC AMX Javelin.
- to me the only real Muscle car of them all. Really nice shape.

6. Land Rover Defender / Toyota Land Cruiser BJ
- both are just simply legends. Real tools for places where roads don't go.

7. Tatra T87
- forgotten speed wagons, or "drivers' cars" from pre-ww2. powered by air cooled big v8. fast as hell (160km/h), hard to handle.

8. Lamborghini Miura P400
- made Enzo rip his hair off. Tractor factory beat the ferrari and not just by inch. And that sound...

9. Jaguar E-Type.
- still one of the most beautiful cars of the all time. timeless. performance still more than enough.

10. Toyota 2000GT.
- most expensive japanese sport car ever. a real collectible. performance comparable to competition back then, though very rare Shelby versions beat the competition hands down.

(in the eleventh position would be Toyota 7-Turbo with 880bhp (SAE). It never raced, due the fact it took 2 drivers' lives during pre-season testing at Fuji Speedway.)

others? :)

1. Mercedes 300 SL, for sure! No comment needed...
2. CL65 AMG - the most powerful and IMHO the best series car out there
3. Pagani Zonda - Devil's personal vehicle
4. Lamborgini Diablo - beauty
5. Lamborgini Miura - beauty
6. Ferrari F40 - beauty
7. BMW M3 - makes you drive like you never would in another car
8. Mini, just because of "The Italian Job" :)
9. Alfa 156 - perfect design
10. Porsche GT (the new one) - the ultimate driving machine, tech+feeling fits perfectly

_xxx_ said:
8. Mini, just because of "The Italian Job" :)

I guess that you mean the movie from late 60's... :) the new one was a bit disapointment. (it was ok action film, but it had way too little "italian job", so maybe they should have named it differently.)

I had the chance to drive the new model one i believe its called.
whoah i liked it a lot! very cool to drive. quite a few people drive it over here

My current favorites are.

1) Mclaren F1 - looks awesome, fast, you sit in the middle, I loved it in Need for Speed 2
2) C5 Corvette - fun to drive and looks great
3) Lamborgini Murcielago - an attractive update to the classic Lambo look.
4) Current Mercedes SL500/SL600 - a hard top convertible that looks awesome
5) Ford Shelby GR1 - just a concept car, but the polished aluminum body looks sweet.

1. Ferrari 355 - My goal in life is to have one. I think it is the most beautiful Ferrari ever, perhaps the most beautiful car period.

2. Porsche 911 - Also a car that I would like to have owned once. Doesn't really matter what model, really, it's just the concept. But a GT3 or the old RS 3.2 would be nice. ;)

3. '68 Mustang fastback - with a V8. Just like Bullit. ;)

4. Subaru Impreza - non riced. Maybe kitted out for gravel instead. :) Yeah, I'm a rally freak.

5. Lotus Elise or "clone" - The ultimate car for the handling connesseur.

6. Radical - not really for road use, but what a fun track toy it would be...

7. '58-'60 Corvette - with the twin headlamps. What a beauty.

8. BMW E39 5-series - Perhaps most gorgeous saloon car ever. Every line in the car just looks right. WTF BMW is thinking with the new designs I'll probably never know... :?

9. Honda NSX - Awesome driving machine, legend has it Ayrton Senna was involved in the chassis development. Looks isn't too shabby either. :)

10. Series 1 4.2 E-type - soft-top only. It really is a gorgeous car. But only specific models, some of the later e-types are horrible-looking IMO. NB:The XKR isn't too bad of a retro-faksimile, actually... It's alright.

In no specific order.

Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 - The sexiest and best feeling Lambo ever. Drive one and you'll get an erection.

Toyota Supra - An affordable supercar with awesome handling and a bullet proof transmission. A good mention that the engine can handle 800 HP at the wheels without rebuilding it.

Ferrari F40 and F50. These cars are so exotic and sweet looking that the only thing about them better than looks is the performance.

Pagani Zonda C12 S - This car is a pure driving car. So fast and hugs the road like no other. 200 MPH never felt so stable.

Mclaren F1 - I've had the pleasure of gazing at one, but never sitting in one. Just from specs and stats alone it is an ultimate driving experience.

Porsche 911 Turbo (996) - I love this car. It has the speed and handling of a supercar, but the comfort of a BMW; releatively speaking.

1]

97%20Lambo%20Blue%20Banner.JPG

2-10] See 1

Sonic, you know that Zondas have AMG engine inside? We have Zondas here on a weekly basis, talk about paradise :) He was thinking about using our next-gen engine soon, but no deals were made yet.

I did indeed know that. He and his company seem to be the only ones that make actual use of your engines. At least in a car that is worth it. Not knocking Mercedes, but they need a supercar they can call their own. The SLR doesn't do it for me.

No, but CLK DTM is all that and more. But I guess you'll never get to try one, since there'll be only 100 made.

Many companies use our V6 engines as well, especially Paris-Dakar teams. The V8 and V12 are made to fit Mercedes chassis, that makes it hard to put it into any other car.

OOOOHHHH, that is sexy. I want one, but only 100 HP and might actually be made....don't think I'll be getting it. Still can't hold it to the Zonda.

New Lambo coming out soon looks pretty good. 600+ HP and might actually be all right in the cornering department. One thing I would like is for Lambo to actually offer more than just two cars and some planned performance sedan it has. I want a car that will be a really challenger for the Enzo.

Sonic said:
Still can't hold it to the Zonda.

While it doesn't look nearly as good, it is faster and has even better handling. It is a true original race car, like used in the DTM racing series (hence the name), only difference being that it has radio and AC and no cage.

Are you sure about that? It weighs a good 1,000 lbs more and has just a little more HP. Got any lap times I could see?

1) 1971 gto judge .

why ? Raw power . That was a car . It made you feel like you could break the sound barrier

2) Jeep cherokee .

why ? Still till this day the best suv i've used off road and better than some trucks . It also had plent of speed with its strait 6

3) 1970 road runner

why ? It had so much power like the judge and yet it looked like it would take off into flight with its wing . Very good traction and just a fun thing to drive

4) 1990s pontiac trans am .

why , just fast , not as powerfull as its older brothers but very good handling and was truely diffrent than the rice burners of the era

5) the new volvo suv . I own it and man is it nice plenty of room and good gas mileage .

Sorry don't have anymore

Back