Automobile lovers: 10 cars of all time that you like most.

Never the less. The SL65 AMG is one quick car! I was just reading how it is sometimes faster than a Carrera GT in straight line performance. that is no small feat.

No specific order.

VW Beetle (original)
Toyota GT-One
MR2 MK1
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige
Lotus 340R
Yamaha OX99-11
Lancia Statos
Mazda AZ-1
Mercedes Benz 300SL coupe
MGB
Suzuki GSX-R/4
Tommy Kaira ZZ

Sonic said:
Are you sure about that? It weighs a good 1,000 lbs more and has just a little more HP. Got any lap times I could see?

I don't, but you can look at some DTM lap times for comparison. The engine is supercharged as opposed to Zonda (800 Nm torque, the torque curve is almost a straight line from 2000 rpm up to 7000). The speed is _limited_ to 320 kmh!

Here we go...

01] McLaren F1 - Just because there is no other and likely never will be another car engineered like it.

02] Lamborghini Miura - Best looking Supercar of all time

03] Porsche 911 (993) GT2 Clubsport - Real racing car for the road

04] BMW E30 M3 Evolution Sport - Last of the originals

05] Keonig Competition Evolution - Insane German Tunned Testarossa with 1000BHP

06] 1978 911 Turbo - in 70s metalic Green with black fuch's :D

07] Aston Martin DB5 Zegato - See one of these and fall in love

08] Ferrari F40 - Modern Day Classic

09] Caterham Super Light R - Fun open top track toy

10] Januar XJ-R/ BMW M5/ Masserati Quartoporti

Actually it's really hard there are more cars I would want, maybe more than some of those ;)

Sonic said:
Never the less. The SL65 AMG is one quick car! I was just reading how it is sometimes faster than a Carrera GT in straight line performance. that is no small feat.

And it even has massage seats as an option, how could GT2 beat that! ;)

Edit: the torque in the CL65 is _limited_ to 1000 Nm, it could do ~1200. We lost quite a few wheels/axles (ripped off) during the tests while not being limited...

In no order.. and without the rice:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
Nissan Skyline GT-R
Subaru Imprezza WRX STI
BMW M3
BMW 328i
Jeep YJ (in black, also known as the QAF-mobile)
Volkswagon Jetta

I want to see a supercar besides Chrysler's ME thingamabob with that SL65 engine. That would be very nice.

I've always been a sucker for a cherry '66 GTO convertible. My friend had an old '66 Tempest that we reworked the bejeebus out of and I just like the whole old muscle car thing.

Bugatti EB110 GT
Mitsubishi 3000 GT
Acura NSX
The Mini (ever since The Man Who Knew Too Little, I've always wanted one)
Honda S2000
Ferrari Koenig F50
57 Chevy (reminds me of my dad)
Dodge/Mitsubishi Conguest/Starion (Cannonball Run baby)

1) 2005 Porsche 996

2) (MY) Mercedes C320 Sport, coloured metallic amethyst

3) Lamborghini Countach

4) DeLorean DMC-12

5) BMW 330i 2002-2005

6) Porsche Cayman

7) Ferrari Dino

8 ) Maybach 57

9) BMW 8-series

10) Lotus Exige

1. Volvo 240

In%20english,%20to%20modify%20a%20Volvo%20240,%20is%20like%20putting%20make-up%20on%20a%20pig.jpg

Swedish pride, baby.

Sonic said:
I want to see a supercar besides Chrysler's ME thingamabob with that SL65 engine. That would be very nice.

It's not the same engine, the ME412 has 4 turbos and 2 throttle valves, 850 hp and 1200 Nm. But yes, I'd like to see it too. Maybe Zonda will go for it, although they've been using non-supercharged engines all the time.

PC-Engine said:
_xxx_ said:
Sage said:
8 ) Maybach 57

Don't! It's the biggest pile of faulty electronics EVER!

:LOL:

Yes I know, but it's just because they let suppliers develop the car from the ground up, not using any available Mercedes tech/architecture and it all had to be finished within 2 years. And that with a completely new architecture! It also has double the amount of electronics of a S-Class. Normally, you'll develop a car for some 4-5 years, test like crazy etc.

Doesn't sell well, I believe not more than ~300 cars this year so far (planned 2500-3000 a year), so the customers obviously punished Mercedes for this failure. Won't happen again, I hope.

BTW, the project manager was "retired" right after the bosses got wind of what was happening, but it was too late already...

damn, that's disappointing :(

i just thought it was supercool because its a frikking WHALE! Over 6000 pounds and 0-60 in 5.2! And with all of that neat crap loaded in it, its just a cool car 8)

too bad its broken :(

It is a great _car_, but the whole multimedia portion is totally overloaded with unnecessary, buggy features. Hence "faulty electronics". The car has about 60 ECU's, and almost half of that is multimedia/telematics.

Let's see...

Front: head-unit with radio, DVD, TV-tuner, phone, navi, Linguatronic, Teleaid, intercom, audio gateway, universal mobile phone interface, rear-view camera

Rear: 2x phone, audio-video controller, DVD-changer, CD-changer, TV-tuner, antenna amplifier, microphone array, Bose sound system, two displays in the seats (with remote)

Maybe I forgot something, dunno...

They pushed so hard to release the car according to plan and the testing/bugfixing was just half-way through at the time. It didn't matter.

ahh okay, so its just some of the fancy gadgetry that is buggy... still, though, you spend ~350 UDS on a car that doesnt do 0-60 in under 4 seconds you should be expecting some pretty nifty gadgetry!

Sage said:
ahh okay, so its just some of the fancy gadgetry that is buggy... still, though, you spend ~350 UDS on a car that doesnt do 0-60 in under 4 seconds you should be expecting some pretty nifty gadgetry!

Well you do get it, it was just too much too soon. The issues were there two years ago, I guess they improved lots of stuff in the meantime. I still would go for a nice Rolls rather than Maybach anytime.

Back