The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

I never played these two (only the demos) back in the day, as it was GT, GT, GT in that fase of my gaming career. So I am going to snap these up!

you're in for a treat!

does anyone know if these will be on PSN? I love the idea of media so I'll probably get that anyway, but I'd love to be able to play off the HDD...

There is precedence as the GoW HD versions are also on PSN, as are some (not all) others.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ardian-creator-fumito-ueda-leaves-sony-rumour

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda has left Sony, Eurogamer understands.

Japanese video game development sources indicated the 41-year-old is working on finishing oft-delayed PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last Guardian in a freelance capacity.

Ueda's departure from Sony internal development studio Team Ico is one of the reasons for the game's protracted development, Eurogamer was told.

Following the completion of the game, Ueda will embark on personal projects.

In September Sony reassured gamers that Team Ico was still "hard at work" on The Last Guardian, despite the high-profile PS3 exclusive missing the Tokyo Game Show.

The previous month SCE Studios president Shuhei Yoshida gave an exasperated-sounding Last Guardian progress update:

"It's been very difficult in terms of seeing the progress: not as fast as we'd been hoping for, and the team has been under big pressure," he said.

The Last Guardian was delayed earlier this year to an unspecified time in 2012.

Heh heh, I have always thought doing an autonomous AI that can hold the player's interest (and doesn't frustrate user) for 8 hours is difficult.

Yes, if they can solve that problem, they can basically add personality to their entertainment devices. Apple's Siri is an early early first step.

Doubtful, unless its a retirement you never hear from them again. It's thrown out there to calm the troops.

I guess even Sony has their limit. So does this become a ps4 launch title now?

Fumito Ueda returns to Twitter, but does not address departure claims
http://andriasang.com/comz7a/ueda_twitter/

Ueda mysteriously disappeared from Twitter following the reports. But he's at last returned, with somewhat of a response.

In a late night Tweet today, his first Tweet since December 1, he wrote, "I've received a lot of questions... there's no need to worry, as The Last Guardian is still in production."

In a separate Tweet, he reminded us that today (12/6) is the 10 year anniversary of PlayStation 2's ICO.

My guess is...
If there is no/little special sauce in the tech, then the game will need incredible amount of production work to cover all edge cases, under different scenarios, to make the catbird come alive.

Day 1

I wonder why he supposedly left Sony though. It seems they give him a lot of creative freedom, also time an budget wise. Luxuries a lot of developers don't have.

... or perhaps he wants to look for new inspiration. I'd be surprised if someone as insightful/deep as him gives up or burn out like this.

I think Shuhei does get a lot of pressure from the $$$ people for covering/protecting people like Ueda.

I thought was it was a face-saving measure on scej's part tbh (passed down from on high?), maybe they'd been feeling the heat/some embarrassment over how long it's taken and while they didn't quite have Ueda fall on his sword getting dropped from studio head (or whatever his position was) to a freelance role seems like a pretty big (not to mention public) kick to nads.

Ha ha, no wonder Griffon is a mythical creature. I hope it makes it to retail ! :runaway:

At this rate, Sony will probably need to show new game footage to calm people down.

I'm half wondering if the "leaving of the game's producer" is a reaction to the situation with Ueda and Sony. Perhaps Ueda and the producer have no been getting along and so Ueda decided to leave, but to avoid that Sony decided to terminate the producer guy as a means of trying to sway Ueda into returning.

All specualtion and conjecture mind... but a fun little soap opera in my head :p

Back