The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

They changed the gameplay ?

I think in the original presentations, they said the catbird couldn't be controlled directly. You have to coerce it using baits, lures and other tactics.
I think it's just poor wording. You "take charge" of it the same way you "take charge" of a cat. It either comes when it's called, or it doesn't.. lol.

In any event, no reason to get excited just yet. I'm sure they all have placeholder pages for it, this one just managed to mistakenly make itself available to the public.

My guess is, the big reveal at E3, release by the holidays. Whether that's 2014 or 2017 remains to be seen.

First they [strike]invade[/strike] reunify Crimea, now this. Is there anything they won't do :nope:

It's pretty hilarious, actually.. IGN is continuing to defend their statement, and are blaming "internal confusion" at Sony for the mistake, rather than admit that they ran with a story based on a random statement from some friend of a guy who has a buddy whose neighbor's dog walks with a dog belonging to a guy that's a janitor at Sony Russia who says TLG is cancelled. Confirmed, totally confirmed.

... and they said it's not cancelled. Seems like a pretty concise answer to me, what more do you want? A full trailer and press conference just to denounce IGN's complete lack of journalistic integrity?

... and they said it's not cancelled. Seems like a pretty concise answer to me, what more do you want? A full trailer and press conference just to denounce IGN's complete lack of journalistic integrity?

Easy tiger. The game has been in development hell (and back) for bloody years.

Really doesn't matter if it's cancelled or not as long as they wont show a damn thing, might as well shift the resources to somewhere else or hand the ip to a different studio.

Maybe the confusion can be explained by a cancellation on PS3 and it will be a PS4 exclusive. I guess we'll know more during the full intvu tmrw [sic]

IGN retract news item after Yoshida himself laughs at the rumour, and blame IGN Russia for being no good.
http://kotaku.com/ign-says-the-last-guardian-has-been-cancelled-sony-say-1587714144

And that Kotaku blurb has had a correction added. Sony have clarified that it is in "hiatus." So basically put on hold. Not quite cancelled, but basically the same thing for now.

It wouldn't surprise me if the news of cancellation was due to the team working on Last Guardian being mostly disbanded to work on other projects while the Last Guardian remains on hold with no development being done on it.

Regards,
SB

And that Kotaku blurb has had a correction added. Sony have clarified that it is in "hiatus." So basically put on hold. Not quite cancelled, but basically the same thing for now.

It wouldn't surprise me if the news of cancellation was due to the team working on Last Guardian being mostly disbanded to work on other projects while the Last Guardian remains on hold with no development being done on it.

Regards,
SB

That hiatus comment was from last year and was debunked by Yoshida.
Goeff Keighly had an interview with the new CEO of SCEA today and said it's in full development right now so who knows.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that the ball is in Sony's court.
We had a tweet from Product Development Head for Sony Worldwide Studios America saying he and Yoshida were laughing about this over dinner. Was that not a clear enough return of the ball?

Back