The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

The devs say the game will run steady at 60fps with framerate dips in the busy areas. I wonder exactly when this demo was completed since they made that 60fps claim in March of this year.

It is e3 demo. For now 60 fps are so far but we are confident in its words. However I just hope a solid fps & no more, the demo graphically is a marvelous even with those flaws.

You know it would be intersting if he did a head to head with ME vs ME2 on 360.

How would you keep it "fair" :?: Besides the Citadel, I'm not sure there will be many equivalent scenarios.

I think it is fair because ME1 is one of the worst in engine performance seriously hampering its experience. Even Bioware would officially announce that the frame rate will be better in ME2.

Just like U1 vs U2 analysis where U2 showed improvements on both frame rate and screen tearing, if ME2 shows performance improvement in general, that's more than enough for gamers ;)

Just like U1 vs U2 analysis where U2 showed improvements on both frame rate and screen tearing, if ME2 shows performance improvement in general, that's more than enough for gamers ;)

True enough. :p It certainly has its fair share of I/O loading problems, but after that it was the alpha effects. The grain filter and motion blur options seemed to improve things marginally towards the end.

Will there be random planets to land on?

Probably. I do recall one or two planets having very terrible framerates due to the local weather effects, pointing to some post-processing or fillrate/blending limits.

Anyways, guess we'll see what happens.

How would you keep it "fair" :?: Besides the Citadel, I'm not sure there will be many equivalent scenarios.

Well fairly fair by finding similar scenes as in scope, detail, effects, number of characters in battle etc.

I think it is fair because ME1 is one of the worst in engine performance seriously hampering its experience. Even Bioware would officially announce that the frame rate will be better in ME2.

From what I've seen of Mass Effect 2 you've not got much to worry about. Performance is hugely improved over the first one and in terms of frame rate, it's more in line with the usual modern day UE3 title.

From what I've seen of Mass Effect 2 you've not got much to worry about. Performance is hugely improved over the first one and in terms of frame rate, it's more in line with the usual modern day UE3 title.

I think it has alot to do with EA's involvement. Bioware is somewhat infamous when it comes to techinical issues and EA is generally pretty polished in its tech. When i hear that EA Montreal(armyoftwo used ue3) was assisting the development i instantly thought that EA Montreal must be handling the technical issues while bioware focuses on the content.

Thanks ps360. Now can we please have a mega post for all those framerate measurements ala upscaling threat.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Analysis

PlayStation 3 Avg. FPS: 47.79 / Xbox 360 Avg. FPS: 47.78
PlayStation 3 Avg. Frame Tear: 0.0% / Xbox 360 Avg. Frame Tear: 0.0%

Lens of Truth: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 Analysis

Those raw numbers are a little misleading.

Its basically a perfect 30fps for entrances and a perfect 60fps ingame for both versions, which is really good but after seeing how basic the game looks in person, not really surprising.

Back