The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

I think that's pretty possible, considering how it's happened to PS3 already several times (and they've even forgotten to fix buttons once or twice).

That I doubt, since it probably was a PS3 exclusive in the beginning (i.e. the Bayonetta situation, but reversed).

I rather think it is to not "piss off" the 360 users, because PS3 buttons surely look horrible to them.

It depends, on whether or not they did use a lot of alpha blended blended effects or transparent particles, etc...

That's not to say which one will perform better but just because a title is exclusive originally to one platform doesn't mean it won't run better when ported to the other if it uses effects that run more favorably on the other.

It all depends on if they want to make the same artistic tradeoffs as some other games or not. BTW - artistic tradeoffs does NOT = worse. It just means you emphasize a particular rendering/artistic philosophy over another.

It all depends on what they wanted as visuals for their game. Also, correct me if I'm wrong (which I quite well may be since I don't pay too much attention to this stuff), but doesn't Square have more experience with X360 this gen than PS3?

Regards,
SB

maybe square does but all those square published games released on the 360 have all been developed by tri-ace and not the ff team under crystal tools.

maybe square does but all those square published games released on the 360 have all been developed by tri-ace and not the ff team under crystal tools.

Square does have one internal game on the 360, Last Remnant using an engine that should run well on the 360 but based on performance of that game I would use it as an indicator of their experience on the platform.

I have the micro-released God of War 3 demo v-synced, with 24fps minimum and 56fps max and a 36.81fps average. Vid tomorrow, possibly.

Last Remnant use Unreal Engine 3.

TLR wasnt even released on PS3 and it was developed primarily by the SaGa team.

Unreal engine getting better on ps3? I think it is pretty close...the bloom does look nice thou.

well thats if you're only comparing framerate, the 360 version is doing significantly more shaders like AO, and higher resolution shadows. also the character select puts a huge skew on the average.

well thats if you're only comparing framerate, the 360 version is doing significantly more shaders like AO, and higher resolution shadows. also the character select puts a huge skew on the average.
Texture resolution is better in certain areas on PS3 though. Overall, I'd say it's pretty close as well considering how bad some other UE multiplatform games have looked on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Remnant use Unreal Engine 3.
My point was it doesn't run well. The fact that it's the only HD game developed internally by SE released so far. UE3 even at that point was a tried and true engine on the 360 and they still had problems getting good performance from it.

My point was it doesn't run well. The fact that it's the only HD game developed internally by SE released so far. UE3 even at that point was a tried and true engine on the 360 and they still had problems getting good performance from it.

I see what youre trying to say but i think it had more to do with epic not being able to provide good enough support for japanese developers licensing UE3 (epic recently opened offices in japan to directly aid in this problem). TLR even runs poorly on a high end PC.

Back