The Complete List of PC Ray Traced Titles with Classification

Madden 25 will support ray traced ambient occlusion on Frostbite engine.

Also Frostbite engine will now incorporate ray traced global illumination relying on GIBS (Global Illumination Based on Surfels).

The work transitioned into productization via a partnership with Frostbite and was shown at SIGGRAPH 2021 branded as GIBS. Engineers on the SEED and Frostbite teams first prototyped a real-time solution for global illumination that would leverage the capabilities of new ray-tracing hardware.

“Through the exceptionally close collaboration between our rendering engineers and the Frostbite and SEED teams, we advanced GIBS performance to achieve our target of 60 frames per second across target platforms such as PS5, XBSX, and XBSS.” – Ishaan Singh (Technical Director - Rendering, College Football).

Last edited:
Delta Force Hawk Ops supports ray traced reflections on Unreal Engine 5.

I'v had a chance to play the alpha and the RT reflections don't seem to apply to the large bodies of water or diffuse reflections on any kind of shiny/polished metals. I've only played 2 rush style maps and the tarkov mode map and the campaign is not playable so maybe the singleplayer at release will be where they dial it up. BF5's RT Reflections were a bit more impactful from what i've experienced so far, but it's better than nothing.

edit: I should probably say it was hard to really examine this properly at the moment, standing still trying to look at things and change graphic settings was often cut short with being killed in seconds.

More details on the path tracing of Black Myth Wukong, the global illumination is full resolution with 2 bounces. Reflections are also full resolution and includes particles using a new ray tracing technique.

Black Myth: Wukong uses a new technique to render order-independent transparencies for large sprite sets using two-level ray tracing, which efficiently renders the game's particle system in real-time reflections

Some comparisons are also released.

Ray reconstruction is DLSS with a G-buffer input instead of the standard shaded TAA input?

Nvidia describes it as an ML denoiser that “recognizes” raytraced effects and cleans them up more effectively than hand coded denoisers. Haven’t seen any mention of different inputs.

Nvidia marketing going above and beyond as usual.

Upscaling = super resolution
Denoising = ray reconstruction

Common sense and Intel already showed that having the G-buffer is useful, separated lighting denoising/interpolation also makes a little more sense to call ray reconstruction.

Well that pretty much confirms they pass some type of G-buffer. They show passing the normal, but that doesn't seem that important to me ... base colour seems most important to me.

I'm going to guess they just shade with non denoised RTAO/reflections/GI/etc, then pass DLSS the base colour on top of the noisy soup (and the rest of the standard TAA inputs and perhaps normal since it's in the video). The neural network can work backwards from the base colour and shaded colour to guess at most of the inputs of shading to denoise them, letting them avoid having to do denoising of shading parameters and spatiotemporal upscaling in two separate stages with shading in between.

Last edited:
Meaning a denoised half resolution RT reflection will be upscaled to full resolution? How's that different to DLSS.
Yes but it also upscales the whole frame, not just RT reflections (or shadows). The DLSS RR component completely takes over the older DLSS SR one. So it's not just a denoiser, it's an upscaler+denoiser.

For which it needs more data, because you really don't want to just give it the noisy sampled image. Want to make it easy for the filter to distinguish the diffuse GI sampling noise from texture and reflection/specular effects. I wonder to what extent the buffer format passed to DLSS will be open and patent unencumbered.

Nvidia describes it as an ML denoiser that “recognizes” raytraced effects and cleans them up more effectively than hand coded denoisers. Haven’t seen any mention of different inputs.

Nvidia marketing going above and beyond as usual.

Upscaling = super resolution
Denoising = ray reconstruction
DLSS 3.5 also takes normal vectors. I don't think the original Super Resolution did.
View attachment 11893

Back