The Complete List of PC Ray Traced Titles with Classification

GIBS? Is this the splatting stuff they showed off years back or?

Yeah it looks similar to Lumen but using surfels instead of cards. Glad to see it actually implemented. And it’s all dynamic if I recall correctly. No offline baking of cards like Lumen.

Yeah it looks similar to Lumen but using surfels instead of cards
Yeah, but GIBS is purely hardware ray traced, there is no software version of it, unlike Lumen.

Did Nvidia really claim CP2077 was path traced before it got ReSTIR? That’s not how I remember it.
Yeah they did, see here.

The new Gears E-Day will support hardware raytraced lighting, reflections and shadows on Unreal 5.

That’s great but sounds quite ambitious on current gen consoles. Hope they can pull it off.

Yeah they did, see here.

What was the original overdrive implementation? If it was per-pixel multi bounce GI that should also qualify as PT.

What was the original overdrive implementation? If it was per-pixel multi bounce GI that should also qualify as PT.
Well the devs were a little light on details here. For regular ray tracing they relied on probe based global illumination.

With the iteration of REDengine used for Cyberpunk 2077, we relied on a hybrid indirect illumination technique, one that would allow us to provide Global Illumination across all target platforms. To do that, we used a GI Probes-based system that provided a dynamic solution for all the lights in the game within a certain distance from the camera and within a fixed world space resolution that was manually set per location depending on the needs, in most cases between 1.5m to 4m. This solution provides indirect diffuse to the geometry in the game

With Ray Tracing: Ultra and Ray Tracing: Psycho settings we also provide a significantly more precise, but somewhat delicate indirect diffuse response for sunlight only.

With Path Tracing we are totally free, no longer constrained by a fixed world space grid of probes and a rather small resolution of the system, and can provide a super detailed, pixel perfect, incredibly realistic indirect illumination. What’s more, we no longer provide just indirect diffuse, but also indirect specular response. As a result, light has so much more directionality and makes the visible world deeper and simply more beautiful.

So it sounds like they did ditch the probes for the original overdrive implementation, another slide deck details that solution, it was a combination of RTXDI and ReSTIR DI. The ReSTIR GI was added later in the latest Cyberpunk version.

Cyberpunk 2077:
• Primitive lights – ReSTIR DI with uniform sampling
• Emissives and skylight – BRDF sampling
• Planning to add ReSTIR GI to improve the overall quality

Based on the footage released so far I assume it must be ddgi probes? I did not see any per-pixel effects yet.
I think it's the same one as in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora.

Back