Summer 2006: Shadowrun..

EndR

Regular
Could it be??

From gamefront.de
(babelfished for your pleasure)

Shadowrun is to appear in the summer 16.01.06 - The new Shadowrun play is to appear by the Microsoft Game of studios in the summer 2006 in the USA. That writes the American Game Informer, which wants to have heard appropriate expressions of several studios. Officially Microsoft still no Shadowrun announced.
------

If true, this game will be the Game of Show at E3, forget the Rev, Halo3, anything on PS3.. Shadowrun is where it´s at... ;)

I expect MS to have a whole bunch of news at E3. They know Sony (and Nintendo?) are going to rock...

They need surprise announcements, this could be one of them. I also think a Halo3 trailer will be released and a big dashboard / Live update will be announced (clans / cam / messenger support?). They need to focus on Live a lot more in the future, but they're probably waiting for Sony to show their online stuff first.

E3 will be huge this year. :)

Just read up on what Shadowrun is at Wikipedia, sounds cool. The game might be a bit like Oblivion?
I searched, its had a few games released already, were they any good?

Nicked said:
Just read up on what Shadowrun is at Wikipedia, sounds cool. The game might be a bit like Oblivion?
I searched, its had a few games released already, were they any good?
The SNES and Megadrive/Genesis versions had their strengths..
However, Genesis version was more true to the shadowrun universe than the snes-version.

You had more possibilites with the Genesis version. Better hacking GUI, more weapons, cybernetics, skills, etc. You could choose 3 characters to play with, Decker, Street samurai and Shaman. In the snes, the main character Jake Armitage was a little bit of everything, depending on what you spent your Karma points on.

The snes had better graphics, sound and was had a great story as well.. (so did the Genesis version).

Last edited by a moderator:
Best kept secret. :D

I've been dyin for another game like the genesis version. Random missions kept me playing for hours even though they were simple and repetitive. :LOL:

Sounds like you guys haven't heard this will be an fps:

" My name is Theron Benson; I am an Animator currently working for FASA Studios at Microsoft Game Studios.

I have worked on many projects, ranging from PC games to console, FPS to role-playing. Right now, I am animating for an Xbox 2 project called Shadowrun. It's a first-person shooter based on an old paper RPG of the same name from a couple decades ago."

Pretty much kills my interest.

Alstrong said:
Best kept secret. :D
Yeah, everybody under the sun knows about that.
Alstrong said:
I've been dyin for another game like the genesis version. Random missions kept me playing for hours even though they were simple and repetitive. :LOL:
I loved the SNES version of this game. I never really played the Genesis version, though, so I can't comment about it.

gurgi said:
Dollars to donuts MS screws it up. I wish they'd have never ruined FASA.

How exactly have they ruined FASA?

I can't see it. Also the FASA Studios games have done fairly well except for MW4 which was a great game with good game design.

This was a great topic until I read Microsoft Game Studios would be behind the project.

I doubt its true, but if it is ... hopefully Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with any of the project.

How did they screw up FASA? Heh, play p/p much? Even if you talk about videogames only, the mechwarrior franchise has been a disaster since. And to further prove my point.

Sounds like you guys haven't heard this will be an fps:

" My name is Theron Benson; I am an Animator currently working for FASA Studios at Microsoft Game Studios.

I have worked on many projects, ranging from PC games to console, FPS to role-playing. Right now, I am animating for an Xbox 2 project called Shadowrun. It's a first-person shooter based on an old paper RPG of the same name from a couple decades ago."

Pretty much kills my interest.

Heh. I'm a prophet.

MechAssault was actually the first good Xbox live game. Granted, Mechassault2 was pretty mediocre. But the relentless trolling of everything xbox360 or MS is getting really old hat.

On the same note you could say SCEA handled the Amored Core franchise poorly also. Some good and some mediocre.

Personally I think mech games should be dev'd by Japanese companies. Chromehounds looks AMAZING and Steel Battalion LOC was the best online game I've ever played. period.

Shadowrun maybe cool. I'll wait for media before I comment though. But the premise of cyberpunk fairies doesn't do much for my imaginiation.

gurgi said:
And to further prove my point.

"Shadowrun FPS yada-yada"

Heh. I'm a prophet.

Shadowrun being a FPS could mean a lot of things, it could mean it's a cliched "run and gun", or it could mean it's something more akin to Deus Ex...it's a bit too early to judge a game from one vague sentence.

like III said, If its on the lines of deus ex then it could be damn good.

The Fasa team is actually a really good team that makes great looking games, but some of the microsoft higher up choices have neutered their creative freedom. like the decision of microsoft went against the decision of some of the developers at fasa to make the mechwarrior franchise less simulator and more arcady and user friendly. which i felt ruined the mechwarrior experiences.

but shadowrun would be cool if it was a FPS in the lines of deus ex but wth more character opitions like morrowind, which in its self was a First person adventure.

personally FPS can be very vague term to me. like GTA:SA to me feels like a RPG, more of a RPG game then any of the final fantasy games combined. I would call final fantasy games; story adventure game rather then an RPG.

gurgi said:
How did they screw up FASA? Heh, play p/p much?

Yes.

Even if you talk about videogames only, the mechwarrior franchise has been a disaster since. And to further prove my point.

MW4 was widely considered to be the best game of that genre. Certainly the closest things to the pods that was available for quite sometime, much better than MW2 and MW3. Considering who worked on MW4, it is easily the most kosher version of MW in a videogame.

If you think you can do better, you are certainly welcome to buy the FASA licenses from MS and start your own studio.

Inane_Dork said:
Has anyone ever made a turn based, first person game?

I have no idea, but I hope they never will, that would be extremely strange.

As for shadowrun, I have never played it, but cyberpunk is always a nice setting and if it is simillar to Deus Ex why not. I just hope that the game will be polished and a showcase for the xbox360, something along the lines of GoW...

Back