Starfield [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

im having problems getting adhesive (because the vacuum tape thats all over the place is obviously not adhesive?)
according to the internet a good place to get it is the planet Gagarin which has a plant which gives adhesive

so im fixin to level up botany and build an outpost there to get it

https://www.destructoid.com/how-to-get-adhesive-in-starfield/

Make your way to New Homestead on Titan. Land at the landing pad, then head inside and go down the stairs at the back of the entryway. You’ll need to go past some guards and a couple of adjoining hallways to get at the end of the hall. You will find a door here that leads to New Homestead proper. Inside and on the left, you will see a white door and a sign for a store. Head inside, and you’ll find a vendor called Jae Montreal. Chat with him and buy his entire Adhesive stock. On the other side of the room is a chair. Sit in that and use the Wait option to pass three hours, then talk to Jae again. The stock will be replenished, and you can buy more Adhesive.

https://www.destructoid.com/how-to-get-adhesive-in-starfield/

Make your way to New Homestead on Titan. Land at the landing pad, then head inside and go down the stairs at the back of the entryway. You’ll need to go past some guards and a couple of adjoining hallways to get at the end of the hall. You will find a door here that leads to New Homestead proper. Inside and on the left, you will see a white door and a sign for a store. Head inside, and you’ll find a vendor called Jae Montreal. Chat with him and buy his entire Adhesive stock. On the other side of the room is a chair. Sit in that and use the Wait option to pass three hours, then talk to Jae again. The stock will be replenished, and you can buy more Adhesive.
yes but i want to farm :D

One of the weirder undocumented(?) control quirks of the game is the alternate key bind for jump/boostpack seems to work differently (at least with the skip boostpack anyways). On the ground both the primary and alternate binds work the same (a jump and then an initial vertical boost), but once airborne the alternate bind behaves like a directionally controlled thrust allowing you 8-way horizontal maneuverability. Not sure how this maps onto controller or consoles.

Ted Price having a chat with Todd Howard. Interesting listen, even if there's nothing revelatory there.

(There's a podcaster version of game makers notebook too)

After playing CP 2077 phantom liberty, I hope someone will mod starfield to make the UX more like cyberpunk.

Especially the items gathering / looting.

Currently it's very confusing to loot stuff in starfield. The loot able and unlootable stuff blends together.

Not highlighted enough. Even the highlights when using the scanner view is not as clear as cyberpunk

I keep getting sucked into this game. It's very immersive even when there's jank.

The jank is laughable at times. I had a mission where I was tasked to destroy some pirate ships. I end up disabling the last one and boarded it with Sam. As soon as I finished taking care of the pirates, Sam accused me of killing them in cold blood and threatened to leave. So, I reloaded the last auto save and let him kill them all without me firing a single shot. He still accused me of killing in cold blood. I had to reload to an earlier point and simply take out the pirate ships to avoid Sam's ire.

So, I reloaded the last auto save and let him kill them all without me firing a single shot. He still accused me of killing in cold blood.

Yeah, I managed to get my companion and Mr. Stroud to fight all of Neon's security forces (including Stroud's wife), and it was only after returning to my ship that I got a long string of demerit points and dialogue complaining about what they I did. They're like the auto-firing ship turrets where anything that registers as aggro means a fight to the death and you'll get blamed for it.

They're generally more trouble than they're worth I'd say. The dialogue and inventory UI is too slow for them to be used as mules (you're better off ignoring the encumbrance penalty of running out of oxygen -- it won't actually kill you, and you can still sprint even with maxed CO2 anyways). Going solo means you don't have to worry about them disrupting your stealth, walking in front of you as you're about to shoot an explosive round, breaking your line-of-sight when you're trying to scan something, and you don't have the back-seat gaming telling you not to loot too much, or who not to kill. I've never said to myself, "I wish X was here right now", but I have found myself saying, "I wish I would have left X at the ship."

When Sarah sent me on the errand to collect the dogtags during her questline I took it as a golden opportunity to just walk back to my ship and leave her and the girl on the planet. It was a good few days of gameplay before something triggered the game's quest/NPC logic to teleport Sarah from the planet and back to my ship. It would have been neat if the game respected its own logic and had Sarah be stuck where ever I left her.

Similarly with how autosave-heavy the game is I really don't see why the game is so liberal with making NPCs unkillable. Having so many unkillable NPCs completely trivializes most of the interactions you have because it spells out to you who is and isn't relevant. Anything relevant you can't interfere with, and anything irrelevant is... irrelevant, so there's no real stakes attached to interacting with them.

They're like the auto-firing ship turrets
haha people raved about those things so I made a ship full of them and they did nothing but cause me problems. I switched back to manually fired/targeted weapons, along with agro issues you mentioned I just take far less damage in a fight when I can just burn single ships down in seconds with 6+ particle beams.

Just tried using AMD fluid motion, this is great if you have a freesync monitor with high refresh rate.
With this game running at around half the framerate of my monitor, in New Atlantis, it would cause a really annoying flicker.
With fluid motion it runs at 140-150, no more flicker.

I played the Lair of the Mantis mission last night and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.

I suppose it would be cool to be able to kill critical NPCs for the immersion aspect, but I'm fine with it as is.

As for the auto-turrets: Can't you just make sure they are all one type of weapon and keep that type powered down until you get into a fight?

I played the Lair of the Mantis mission last night and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.

I suppose it would be cool to be able to kill critical NPCs for the immersion aspect, but I'm fine with it as is.

As for the auto-turrets: Can't you just make sure they are all one type of weapon and keep that type powered down until you get into a fight?
Interesting idea, wouldn't really solve it hitting friendly ships when trying to hit an enemy near them or trying to focus fire something down but it would make having a couple turrets for lazy time low effort fights less of a problem elsewhere.

This is what I did. I rolled particle weapons (which erode shields and hull) as my main, EM as my second for disabling/capturing ships and had missiles for my auto-turret weapons. Remember to orientate them correctly, I found missiles at the rear to be devastating but remember to point them backwards!

This is what I did. I rolled particle weapons (which erode shields and hull) as my main, EM as my second for disabling/capturing ships and had missiles for my auto-turret weapons. Remember to orientate them correctly, I found missiles at the rear to be devastating but remember to point them backwards!
This is actually good advice if your going to use turrets, when I first tried a turret spamming build i just dropped 8 turrets on the mount points in their default orientation and they were all pointing right. It didn't go great I was a bit slow working out that they don't turn right around and why they were hardly shooting or killing anything.

Well, now we know. @DSoup is a Spathi. ;)

For anyone confused, a Spathi is from the world Spathiwa in Star Control 2. Their Eluder ships are designed to fight while running away and firing backwards at anyone that chases them. :D

Regards,
SB

I had to stop my first run because for some reasons a lot of npcs were just dead when I got to them. I'll wait for some more patchs....

Back