Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
They are making a proper SW game? I had no idea! Where did you get the news?

Oh careful with saying "proper SW game" to devs and companies that can mean another hand waving dancing game :p

I understand...it's currently to please online multiplayer FPS/TPS shooter market and casuals.

They need to eventually revisit the hardcore and single player campaign in action adventure, rpg (kotor system was fine without controlling shooter or saber strikes) FPS like Republic Commando and hell even Revenge of the Sith game was well done and had an interesting dueling mode while The Force Unleashed was an overhyped thing.

Star Wars 1313 was developed by LucasArts prior to the sale of LucasFilms to Disney in 2013 (that's when it got canned). You're just a bit late ;-)

Theres also a cancelled Darth Maul videogame...not sure if Republic Commando had a sequel planned but sales were probably not in a good point at the time.

They need to eventually revisit the hardcore and single player campaign in action adventure, rpg (kotor system was fine without controlling shooter or saber strikes) FPS like Republic Commando and hell even Revenge of the Sith game was well done and had an interesting dueling mode while The Force Unleashed was an overhyped thing.

Personally I'd much prefer another Force Unleashed type game. I loved that game and it's sequel.

The major problem I had with TFU is gameplay was very restrictive and was almost no different from a Dynasty Warriors clone with the sequel not done as well it just made more sense to have a Dynasty Warriors Star Wars game instead.

The other was messing with film rules...the main character is a selfish and mass murdering happy dark side force user spitting Sith Lightning then all of a sudden turns good and noble...based on attachment...and pulls a yoda on the Emperor... as a videogames and story it was mediocre filler and rather casual pleaser.

That's part of what makes lightsaber using force user based videogames rather hard to make because it may come off rather cartoony compared to source material.

It did have a nice versus mode that somehow...never evolved past being exclusive to either the Wii or PSP versions leading the sequel to be blatant rehashing that without the SW brand would be vilified by gamers.

Watched a few clips of the Xbone version from Gamersyde and boy could that game get ugly with the 720p fest. Yeah it's pretty smooth but honestly it's like a hair breadth away from sub HD res. There's no way one can appreciate all the art assets and level design with such a dampening res unless you game on a 720p set. Gah damn 900p on PS4 ain't much better either from the beta, might have to force myself to get it on PC at some point.

Star Wars 1313 was developed by LucasArts prior to the sale of LucasFilms to Disney in 2013 (that's when it got canned). You're just a bit late ;-)
When did they announce another SP game after that? Did they share more details?

That means this SP game could be 2 years or more away. Hell, if this gen gets prematurely shortened it could be a ps5 game. Now I'm really pissed about Battlefront.

Last previous Star wars game I played was Rogue Leader on Gamecube which was awesome.

I am really hyped for this one, even if it's supposedly a shooter for "casuals", it's going to be perfect for me and my limited play time.

/Steelbook edition pre-ordered!

I was initially very impressed by Star Wars 1313 trailer and screens...but watching the trailer recently I felt it was like Uncharted: Drake's Scoundrel Adventures. Basically it seems very much possible for last gen but if they were to revisit that idea, they would have to do major overhauls.

Battlefront just makes that trailer obsolete with Frostbite.

If they are making a dedicated couple of casual and hardcore (note I say that separate not one game) then Frostbite also needs some major overhauls unless they feel. like slapping a single player campaign to a new online multiplayer to please reviewers.

It has to be a dedicated single player campaign...maybe co-op mode offline and online... (fond lightsaber duels from Jedi Knight II pc) would make sense if they announced at least two or three non-kindergarten SW games.

PS4 version looks great and performance looks top notch. Xbox One, I still think it may have been good to make some compromises to increase the resolution. 720p really hurts the visuals. Not sure what they'd have to give up to get there.

The engine is rather scalable on PC so i am pretty sure they could've reached 900p on X1 but they'd have to drop some graphical features. And that probably means more optimizing for different platforms. It seems like devs love graphical parity nowadays, even PC only sees improved draw distances and most of the time nothing major. You can also guess that most people who play the game won't notice the drop in resolution as much as they'd notice a drop in graphical effects.

PS4 version looks great and performance looks top notch. Xbox One, I still think it may have been good to make some compromises to increase the resolution. 720p really hurts the visuals. Not sure what they'd have to give up to get there.

I'm guessing the kind of stuff 343i had to compromise on. Lots of pop-in, lower res textures, animations, etc.

Back