Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
It just cannot be stated how good the audio design in this game is; anything from the soundtrack, weapon/vehicle sounds, spatial awareness, explosions etc. is spot on. I've always admired how good Dice is with sound, they've been on top of their game in the last few Battlefield games and this game is probably the best one yet when it comes to sound. Also, the transitions are 1:1 with Star Wars movies; Dice really do make good use of the Star Wars franchise with Battlefront, it's just that the modes available so far aren't anything to be excited about. It really feels like they are going in too safe in the gameplay department.

Silky smooth and very realistic looking. I like! I didnt get the complaints in the past and I dont get them now either

Silky smooth and very realistic looking. I like! I didnt get the complaints in the past and I dont get them now either

My complaints with the game so far are these, and i think they are very reasonable (mind you, i have put over 150 hours in Battlefield 3/4 multiplayer and played the previous entries as well, albeit not as much):
  • 720p on X1/900p on Ps4 with unstable 60 the second one is more bearable
  • Even with Ultra settings on PC it still has very obvious pop-in for geometry/shadows/textures when walking/running on foot
  • Gameplay wise it feels like a constrained Battlefield (less vehicles, less players, smaller maps, less weapons, less movement abilities and so on) and the gunplay is really familiar, i would say too familiar, it doesn't feel different to me and I've played a lot of Battlefield
  • Only multiplayer at full price
And I've stated what i like about the game already.

Moblur absent in the PC version? Overall both consoles look very close to the PC version at Ultra, and slightly higher than High (geometry for example).

Last edited:
yikes! it seems its only me that feel the graphic very unclean with that many aliasing and shimmers. the map with lots of black stones is the worst offender.

btw the game is very confusing but at the same time very familiar. Feels like BF4 mod. I also really liked the way they did not reduce the play area when the objective moved forward. So i can run BEHIND enemy and snipe :D

On one hand its feels like the most photoreal and audio-real experience out there, especially in the 40 player mode, on the other hand, the 900p blurriness and shimmering is just weird and unsatisfying !
The 40 player battle is fun but one can tell the very casual nature of the game from the targeting and shooting. It shectic and fun but feels like a "mob like" experience rather than a war !

and I did not get the "one more match" pull in it at all :( !

On one hand its feels like the most photoreal and audio-real experience out there, especially in the 40 player mode, on the other hand, the 900p blurriness and shimmering is just weird and unsatisfying !
The 40 player battle is fun but one can tell the very casual nature of the game from the targeting and shooting. It shectic and fun but feels like a "mob like" experience rather than a war !

btw dont forget to MANUALLY SET AUDIO to surround if you have surround sound. The game for some unknown reason default to Stereo. Ugh

Yes! The visual dichotomy you note is even worse on 720P Xbox One.

I dont know, I almost think the game is a disaster. The game is just weird.... I hate to bring it up but I dont see why I'd play this instead of multiplayer Destiny. And like you after a couple matches I felt no pull to keep playing at all.

Oh and the pop in! On Xbox One (and I assume it's similar on PS4) it's hellacious. Really bad and distracting. I guess it's one price they paid for those nearly photo real visuals.

OTOH the graphics are truly hinting at what next (current) gen could eventually deliver. They're at times remarkably impressive and setting a new next gen bar. It's really coming close to playing a Star Wars movie.

Back