Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Blasters are what the weapons are called, they fire particle beams according Star Wars cannon so uh...
And 'lasers' is the what the laser weapons are called. The emission is called a laser beam, abbreviated to laser in the common vernacular. Some of the SW weapons are called blasters. Some are called lasers and turbolasers, but they still shoot the same visible, slow glowing streams. These are referred to as blaster shots AFAIK. Considering SW happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, we shouldn't assume that their 'laser' has the same origins and meanings as our word.

I'd forgotten there were distinct laser weapons, but I recall there were "turbo lasers" and stuff!

The fighter and special ships models look amazing...because it's gonna be a fast paced affair it may not matter but the game shows it's smoke and mirrors.

That Lava...Mustafar? Seems like they ran..out of effacts...looked crappy...then again it may not be feasible for average troopers and rebels to go walking near lava fields.

Lol blasters aren't lasers! They are some form of compressed gas particle that is shot an energized

Like a compressed plasma?

And 'lasers' is the what the laser weapons are called. The emission is called a laser beam, abbreviated to laser in the common vernacular. Some of the SW weapons are called blasters. Some are called lasers and turbolasers, but they still shoot the same visible, slow glowing streams. These are referred to as blaster shots AFAIK. Considering SW happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, we shouldn't assume that their 'laser' has the same origins and meanings as our word.

The technology in Star Wars universe along with hyperspace travel, force affinity/sensitive, blasters, communications etc is stated and even implied to be over several tens of thousands of years old.

I have a Star Wars encyclopedia and if I recall correctly the blaster's laser fire is a type of plasma (much like the lightsaber which is also a type of plasma) that can be visually seen and dodged unlike the real world lasers we have which can't be visually seen.

What you have in the Star Wars universe is never really "new tech" but just mainly mostly rehashed, rediscovered and "un-banned taboo weapons" like say droids and clones as weapons were said to be banned or outlawed.

Blasters are mainly hand wielded affairs while the turbo lasers refer to big turrets of heavy duty rapid fire and then you have the Death Star's super laser which is a combination of many lasers into a point to make a super laser capable of ripping up a planet's core.

It's implied in A New Hope that it would take an entire fleet of Star Destroyers to destroy a planet...this might imply a large fleet in formation for a planetary barrage fire.

Even the fighter craft may be rehashed stuff and different styles and types and that's why most OT fans tend to hate the PT tech...because they don't or refuse to understand that Star Wars isn't the future.

I hope you are aware that this game has no single player campaign. When I heard that my buying trigger got a cement coating and was dropped into the Atlantic Ocean.

Normally that would put me off any game but I'm making an exception for this one. I think it has bots anyway so you can avoid playing online if you really want to.

That's not really fair. Uncharted plays very differently as an online game versus the campaign. Single player can (well, does) mix up gameplay variety more than multiplayer.

Anyone play SWBF2 online? Its campaign was very much multiplayer with bots. I never tried it online, but it should give an indicator of how the game can vary bots versus peeps.

Agreed, I would have loved more recent Battlefield games to have BF2 style bot matches rather than the single player campaigns. Playing coop with a buddy or two and mowing down scores of bots with a machine gun was so cathartic. I have more memorable moments from those bot matches than I do either BF campaign.

I'm glad there is no SP. Judging by how badly DICE screwed up BF4, they need all their focus on making sure the online component is good.

I recently got back into BF4 and only now has it become the game it should have been from the beginning. Still, little things like losing your stats from a server disconnect are annoying.

Unreal Tournament 3 had a pretty good single player campaign composed of fighting bots through each of the environments that got progressively more difficult, all tied together with a very loose "alien sport" storyline. I'm sure a better storyline could be thought up for BF considering all the environments are based on scenes from the films. Hell, it would be insanely easy to do that. Hopefully they'll realise that.

well a single player campaign in a shooting game is basically playing vs bots across the levels.

That's pretty lame to say...even in terms of single player campaigns...maybe you've been spoiled by more recent last and current gen sp campaigns but way back in the PS2 era and before...first person and third person sp campaigns had a lot of variation.

Also Artificial Intelligence technology has had its high evolutionary moments and its really what the hell? Moments

I have to say the idea of N64 GoldenEye 007...seeing an enemy soldier run to press the alarm switch to alert an bring more A.I. wasn't just a "bot with a creative script", to ducking and rolling on that ancient console hardware and I believe flanking too...

It's true that real players have an edge but they tend to be bolder in battles too, doing stuff that can get a person killed.

Im at the d23 panel right now it starts at 11 so 20 mins or so. Infinity , kingdom hearts and battlefront will be here

I just wanted to say I wanted to joke at the last video given that "Frostbite 3.x" can't handle Magma/Lava particles.

Lame joke of course...

Cost around 3-5 ms @ 900p on Ps4, I doubt we'll see any of that in Battlefront. Seeing how they only cite 30hz titles such as Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect and NFS.

I noticed that as well. However were still getting PBR and an update to GI engine from what Ive heard right? I mean it looks a lot more impressive than Battlefield already.

Back