*spin* Devs Showing Games on PC/Console HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
So X1 games weren't being run on dev kits, but high-end PCs?

We have multiple confirmations from Crytec that Ryse was running on hardware, I'd assume most of the 1st and 2nd party stuff was.
There is a good chance 3rd party titles on both platforms were on PC's, but it will vary by title.

Why is it so hard to confirm ? Can't people just run their game with the box uncovered if they were running on devkits ?

In any case, the games will have to be released some day.

jblow2.jpg

Is this true?

Why is it so hard to confirm ? Can't people just run their game with the box uncovered if they were running on devkits ?

In any case, the games will have to be released some day.

Yeah, after what happened in 2005 better wait until the final hardware gets released.

I would've thought that was obvious.

It's worked too as forums are full of 'I cannot see any difference in level of graphics' posts.

And they are rumoured to be 780 gtxs, no way can anyone say thats comparable to the gpu in the xbox or ps4. Its probably more powerful than both gpus combined.

jblow2.jpg

Is this true?

He's saying devkits have more RAM but same processors, which should be true.

According to him, all indies (he knows) were running on PS4 (devkit):

https://twitter.com/jonathan_blow

All the indies I know were running on the PS4.

I do wonder which kit they were using. The final one or the beta.

Yeah, after what happened in 2005 better wait until the final hardware gets released.

Actually, I think that's what KZSF need. A dramatic trailer target to work towards. ^_^
Their announcement trailer was a little lame, so the following demoes are all peaceful and not so inspiring.

I agree if launch is 5-6 months away, launch games should be able to demo one area/level proudly on devkits already.

I would've thought that was obvious.

It's worked too as forums are full of 'I cannot see any difference in level of graphics' posts.

And they are rumoured to be 780 gtxs, no way can anyone say thats comparable to the gpu in the xbox or ps4. Its probably more powerful than both gpus combined.

Are those presentation, or playable demo.

If it's presentation, their release date may be a lot later. They intend to optimize their implementation to match. As iong as they announce up front, I think it should be okay.

If playable demo, it does not make sense.

EDIT:
Wait a second... Went to GAF.... :LOL: people are really using high end PCs to run playable console demoes ? Are you serious ?

Is it a PC game running PC code? There are plenty of real XB1 and PS4 dev kits running real code at E3. Lots of people are making purchase decisions based on these demos, yet the hardware under the hood is unrelated to the hardware they are buying. Maybe car makers can put sup'ed up engines in cheap cars and let us test drive them.

I think Jonathan Blow has some personal agenda regarding the xbox and ms and is sad because is coming from a game developer.

BLow hates MS , he rants about them all the time. Its really sad since they are responsible for his success. Without xbox no one would know who he was.

But hey i'm sure its not all his fault. I'm sure both parties are at fault but we don't see ms trying to drag him through the mud. Its really turned me off on buying any of his future games

apparently,but people want to spread it further and say is every game ;)

The worse thing is Lococycle is a port from Xbox 360, it is not a "next gen" game, maybe Twisted Pixel showed the game on PC because they haven't anything ported yet.

EDIT: It looks like Crimson Dragon was another XBO game shown using a PC.

Demo stations from Crimson Dragon and Lococycle only have the controller:
199847933.png

And Killer Instinct, Ryse and Forza have the controller and the console:
xbox8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

So...not even MS is using Windows 8?

Edit: a more serious question: why are they using NVidia tec? Isn't this weird because the X1 features a AMD GPU? Is it that simple and effective to port NVidia code to AMD? Am a bit confused?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back