As a console gamer, I tried a master race PC rig recently, and now I have a dirty eyesight. I want!!

has a steep curve.

:D
btw my ceiling just collapsed and spread dirt and water everywhere...
now i got the perfect reason (it also annoyingly only support 2-3 simultaneous button press) to dumb the keyboard and buy a new one rather than wash it :D

or i will let it dry by itself and just swing it around and repeatly hit it upside down to clear the dirt....
Do you actually mean it? If so I admire you because you are in such high spirits. Wish there was more people like that in the world.
Kinesis%20Advantage%20(1).jpg

Master. Keyboard. Race.
Just don't try to game on it... or, well anything much for a long time, has a steep learning curve.

I have one at work (after lusting after it for many years our head of IT walked past my desk about 6mths ago, said 'hey you might like this' & pulled one out of a cardboard box he'd found in the basement :runaway:much to his chagrin I was thrilled rather than shocked)

Bad Kerning leads to Keming.
https://xkcd.com/1015/ & http://fuckyeahkeming.com/ :love:

My PC isn't exactly Master Race, maybe petite bourgeoisie Race?
Distinctly un-bleeding edge with a R9 280X, fairly well OCed Phenom2 X6, 16GB RAM (recent upgrade from 4GB that was really not enough!), 250GB Intel 520 series SSD, 30" Dell with secondary 24".
Home Keyboard was for a long time a super-cheap beige thing but now still pretty cheap Logitec, Mouse has been some Logitec, recently switched back to my RAT7 :yes: which had been not working for a long time but has decided to play ball again.
You seem to be pretty quick at adapting to new things, becasue I try to process in my brain how I could easily (and ergonomically) use that keyboard but I just can't fathom the way. It looks to me like a huge Neo Geo controller or a woman's handbag.

Your PC is plenty fine. I fancy that CPU, as I very much like AMD. How does it compare to similar Intel CPUs which are usually amazingly good? CPU wise, I am torn, but GPU wise I've always been an AMD/ATi kind of person.

I've come very close to giving up on it several times.
It is ergonomically great, keeps wrists straight & minimises finger tip movement (also is dual-mode DVORAK one & I use DVORAK).
But there are a bunch of things that take getting used to & several use cases that are just plain difficult with it.

Phenom2 is simply not as fast per clock as even fairly old Intel & even mid-level i5s turbo to similar to my 3.6Ghz (no turbo but still probably not as fast) & with lower power draw.
But at 2560*1600 most games are GPU limited for me as far as I can tell & for most desktop type stuff its plenty snappy.

I did recently look at getting an i5 & new mobo/RAM but managed to do OK with extra RAM I found & managed to still pull fairly solid OC on it.

Will probably be doing a big upgrade next year with 14nm stuff.

@Cyan
in the end i just let it dry and "tap" it to clean the dirt lol
but its limited to 2-3 simultaneous button presses is really annoying.

any idea how to make sure a keyboard have multiple button support? Im looking for at minimum 4-5 button press at any places.

You can try it out in some Counter-strike type of game (Valve FPS game) : go forward and strafing left at the same time, while pressing tab (display scores) and walking and/or crouching. I remember one keyboard that would make the PC beep but other very mundane keyboards were fine.
But that's no guarantee if you want to use other arbitrary combinations.

I wonder if there still are keyboards with the choice of using either USB or PS/2 : if we're micro-optimizing, then PS/2 is very slightly better. The keyboard interrupts the CPU, instead of the USB driver polling the keyboard.

Last edited:
Some keyboards include it in their specs.
Is one of the reasons I went for the Logitec keyboard.
Can't say I've actually tested it out though.

At a glance there seems to be help built-in : rest your fingers on the blue keys.
Actually can't see the colour when the fingers are in place.
But those are the easy keys.
Its stuff like square brackets that are really hard (for some reason the key mapping isn't correct for US101 so I've just had to learn that ] is the += button over top left, while += is actually the ] :confused:)

Last edited:
any idea how to make sure a keyboard have multiple button support? Im looking for at minimum 4-5 button press at any places.

That's called n-key rollover and like hoom said a lot of keyboards advertise this. It's typically not a problem with PS2 keyboards but most USB keyboards are limited to ~5-6 simultaneous key presses unless the manufacturer has implemented a workaround.

@Cyan
in the end i just let it dry and "tap" it to clean the dirt lol
but its limited to 2-3 simultaneous button presses is really annoying.

As some people say, look for keyboards that feature N-key rollover. There are 2 types you'll generally find, limited and unlimited. Mine for example has unlimited N-key rollover (meaning you can simultaneously hit every single key on the keyboard and it will register all button presses as well as the order, minute differences, that they were pressed in).

You can go to this site to test how well your keyboard handles multiple button presses. I know some people that use this just to find out what key-combinations they can and can't use on their particular keyboard rather than buying a keyboard with N-key rollover.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/AntiGhostingExplained.mspx

It also explains relatively well what is happening and why a keyboard might either not detect a button press, or incorrectly think another button is being pressed that isn't actually being pressed.

Regards,
SB

thanks guys, ill make sure to check n key when looking for keyboard.
my current ps2 keyboard is too limited for my use.

using the MS website, it seems my keyboard can do 9 buttons at max but only for certain combinations :/

I've come very close to giving up on it several times.
It is ergonomically great, keeps wrists straight & minimises finger tip movement (also is dual-mode DVORAK one & I use DVORAK).
But there are a bunch of things that take getting used to & several use cases that are just plain difficult with it.

Phenom2 is simply not as fast per clock as even fairly old Intel & even mid-level i5s turbo to similar to my 3.6Ghz (no turbo but still probably not as fast) & with lower power draw.
But at 2560*1600 most games are GPU limited for me as far as I can tell & for most desktop type stuff its plenty snappy.

I did recently look at getting an i5 & new mobo/RAM but managed to do OK with extra RAM I found & managed to still pull fairly solid OC on it.

Will probably be doing a big upgrade next year with 14nm stuff.
@pjbliverpool mentioned it in a different post I am planning on that too. I think I am going to wait for the 14nm era to build a new PC. It has two advantages. I can save money for some extra months and since I am not in a hurry you can get the last of the last, maybe at a reasonable price.

That's called n-key rollover and like hoom said a lot of keyboards advertise this. It's typically not a problem with PS2 keyboards but most USB keyboards are limited to ~5-6 simultaneous key presses unless the manufacturer has implemented a workaround.
As some people say, look for keyboards that feature N-key rollover. There are 2 types you'll generally find, limited and unlimited. Mine for example has unlimited N-key rollover (meaning you can simultaneously hit every single key on the keyboard and it will register all button presses as well as the order, minute differences, that they were pressed in).

You can go to this site to test how well your keyboard handles multiple button presses. I know some people that use this just to find out what key-combinations they can and can't use on their particular keyboard rather than buying a keyboard with N-key rollover.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/AntiGhostingExplained.mspx

It also explains relatively well what is happening and why a keyboard might either not detect a button press, or incorrectly think another button is being pressed that isn't actually being pressed.

Regards,
SB
Yup, I wrote about it before, they are the so called NKRO keyboards. So if a keyboars supports NKRO you can press as many keys as you want simultaneously.
Reading this thread... Wow! Who knew there was so much going on with keyboards!
And that's just the beginning.

There is a new keyboard with a circular layout trying to create a new patent to compete with the QWERTY patent from the 19th century. The creator spent 10 years working on it.

http://www.ozy.com/good-sht/secret-soles-help-you-hide-stuff-in-your-shoes/39796

49798_beekeys_001.jpg

There are other new and interesting traditional keyboards with mechanical and non-mechanical versions, like this one.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/cougar-500k-membrane-gaming-keyboard,news-50101.html

This is a master race PC. They say the refrigeration is made with the tears of the peasants.

1502202_863268427074330_9008323364662460470_o.jpg

11021554_863268433740996_8830664932742628224_o.jpg

10854475_863268470407659_7898890078343817269_o.jpg

11162041_863268430407663_2474258272692042024_o.jpg

11182682_863268473740992_2256249829867710925_o.jpg

^ that's it? I just heard the laughter from the PC used for Luminous demo when it heard someone call this a Master Race PC... Sorry plebs.

Nice site. Lol at the enthusiast coming after exceptional though.

Nice site. Lol at the enthusiast coming after exceptional though.
Maybe it's me, but the interface reminds me to yours, somewhat.
'Entry' and 'Modest' are about console price.

Does anyone know how they compete in performance? Especially wrt CPU?
I am not sure how I can help you with that, maybe more knowledgeable people. This DF article can give you a hint, but none of the CPUs used are a G3220, in fact I think they always use either the i3, i5 or i7 CPUs. A G3220 CPU could make comparisons with current consoles a bit more fair. The GPUs of those builds are from the family of some mentioned in the article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-best-pc-hardware-for-grand-theft-auto-5

Last edited:
Back