As a console gamer, I tried a master race PC rig recently, and now I have a dirty eyesight. I want!!

It's a big thing ... It's proper clicks vs press hard against rubber, basically. Everyone that has tried one is convinced. They used to be all mechanic long ago, I am fairly sure, but the more recent ones are more expensive and better ... ;)

Well, this sentence looked a little different on my mobile phone! The c & l kinda merged.

._.

Last edited:
:oops:
Don't be so rude, can we make the sentence more comfortable and easy. Here is it, FTFY.

"It's proper licks vs press hard against rubber, basically"

It was a real thing. They were a real health benefit too - a couple of hours bashing out C or FORTRAN code on one of those, you didn't need to go to the gym to keep trim, you had all you needed for your abs and baps. That's why coders (such as myself) were so much more buff back then. I've definitely gone to pot since the invention of the chiclet. :yep2:

I once used a desktop keyboard with laptop keys. I sort of couldn't help but banging the keys : that was a full layout keyboard, and I'm used to hitting the keys hard if it's a full keyboard. (I believe I'm careful on someone else's laptop, my brain seems to decide it's a different situation)

Heard a guy say something to the effect of "who's banging a keyboard that loud?"

If anything the modern ones are cheaper, as you can find some well under 100 $/€/£
I'd love to have a try at the new stuff, as the old stuff is really too clickety and loud. I played networked doom 2 (serial cable) on that thing and it was kind of a mess. Epic Pinball was fun, on the shift keys.

The modern ones aren't as good as the best old mechanical keyboards from IBM, ALPs, Keytronic, etc. But they are certainly worlds better than rubber dome keyboards (the majority of keyboards you find in stores and packaged with OEM machines).

The MX blues are probably the closest in feel and sound to the old mechanical keyboards. I myself us MX Browns for the lower noise although I prefer the feel of the MX blues for typing. The blues aren't as good for fast gaming however. Reds and Blacks are where it's at for those, but are relatively horrible for extended typing. Browns are a compromise between extended typing feel and good gaming response.

Cherry aren't the only company that makes mechanical switches either. There's a Japanese company that makes a hybrid mechanical unit with rubber dome switches that is supposed to be pretty good. And there are chinese knock-off's of Cherry switches. But quality control isn't so good, however. If you are lucky they are as good as Cherry switches, if you aren't so lucky, they are significantly worse than Cherry switches.

Regards,
SB

This is how @Davros and @pjbliverpool keyboard look in their intimacy
This is my keyboard
LrcCLqG.jpg

All the keys are programmable they can even support macro's
And profiles which load automatically when the game is run
N5PuzgK.jpg

Looks like a sex toy. With buttons.
xd83km.png

This is my keyboard
LrcCLqG.jpg

All the keys are programmable they can even support macro's
And profiles which load automatically when the game is run
N5PuzgK.jpg
Is it mechanical? Some good games in there overall, especially Call of Juarez. Do you create the profiles, or can you download templates?
If you've ever seen or used one, that would probably be an IBM keyboard from the 1980s. Very heavy, loud, space bar doesn't break (but they fry the keyboard port if you hot-plug them). Using one is kind of magical, it's like you never press a key by mistake.

Examples are the IBM PC keyboard, the IBM AT keyboard and the keyboard used with the IBM PS/2 PCs. I think the keyboard cost several hundreds $$$ back then.

I wouldn't mind using such a monster (well, this one is still compatible with a modern PC, but it's missing the F11 key at least. F12 is kind of useless, I can live without lol)
001.jpg

Theses ones were very common, still thrown away 10-15 years ago (people or businesses throw all the useless computer trash together), I should have stocked up on them as they're not especially rare but quite sought after
xl_Vintage_IBM_Model_M_Mechanical_Clicky_PS2_Keyboard_PN_1391401_15SEP88_%281%29.jpg

If anything the modern ones are cheaper, as you can find some well under 100 $/€/£
I'd love to have a try at the new stuff, as the old stuff is really too clickety and loud. I played networked doom 2 (serial cable) on that thing and it was kind of a mess. Epic Pinball was fun, on the shift keys.
I believe I had a similar one back in the day, but I am not really 100% sure except for how the keyboard is. To make a long story short.., I purchased a PC which had the best of the best back then, I had no money of my own but I lost the spleen in a car crash -I wasn't driving, too young to have a driving license- and with the compensation from the insurance company I asked my parents if they'd let me use part of the money to buy a PC and gave the rest to them.

@dobwal kinda nailed it.

Should of known better. You are just like a former addict who picked up the pipe and told yourself, "one hit is not going to hurt".
Actually, when I got that first PC I was so fascinated with everything, got so excited, opened it a few times, took the components apart several times, leaving the screwdriver inside a few times and making it toast... to the point I got addicted -much to the dismay of my family and parents- and even hacked a few Doom and Need for Speed 3 files using simple editors like Notepad. :D

I knew how to transform a shareware WAD file into the full-fledged Doom game only changing a letter in the code. :) So when I read @Davros, @pjbliverpool , @Neb and the likes of them, despite going through bumpy times they bring me a wicked smile at times.

But yeah, I spent way too much time with the PC (even wrote some long Diablo 2 guides, :) three of them had like 150-200 pages or even more), so I felt guilty 'cos of it, thought it was a bad thing -not bad, just misguided- and tried to stop paying attention to it.

In 2004 I got my first console, the original Xbox, and became a console gamer. It was at the beginning of a new golden era for consoles, I think, a fact which was reinforced by the launch of the previous generation of consoles, which were both powerful and uniquely interesting.

So..yes, your analogy is correct.

I use things, low to mid end mostly from the 90s with the older style Windows logo. Replace when some dipping happens on it.

Far Cry 3 is also very nice with three screens. Can't wait to try it in VR though.
Wow, just... wow Arwin. Would you share similar videos in the corresponding Project Cars -or another multiplatform game, for that matter- thread if you ever try the game on the PC ? The left window pane with all the realistic dust and reflections and the vegetation look so fine. Not for everyone though. I didn't expect that of you, I mean having 3 screens. Setting it up might take some time, I suppose. Plus finding the space at home.

my keyboard mwahahaha (free mouse!!!)

C0788Cj.jpg

PC Plebs Master Race!!!1111oneoneone

EDIT:
that pic is way nicer than what under my fingers. The silver band already turned black and the black case near F keys already turned grey/white.

Kinesis%20Advantage%20(1).jpg

Master. Keyboard. Race.
Just don't try to game on it... or, well anything much for a long time, has a steep learning curve.

I have one at work (after lusting after it for many years our head of IT walked past my desk about 6mths ago, said 'hey you might like this' & pulled one out of a cardboard box he'd found in the basement :runaway:much to his chagrin I was thrilled rather than shocked)

The c & l kinda merged.
Bad Kerning leads to Keming.
https://xkcd.com/1015/ & http://fuckyeahkeming.com/ :love:

My PC isn't exactly Master Race, maybe petite bourgeoisie Race?
Distinctly un-bleeding edge with a R9 280X, fairly well OCed Phenom2 X6, 16GB RAM (recent upgrade from 4GB that was really not enough!), 250GB Intel 520 series SSD, 30" Dell with secondary 24".
Home Keyboard was for a long time a super-cheap beige thing but now still pretty cheap Logitec, Mouse has been some Logitec, recently switched back to my RAT7 :yes: which had been not working for a long time but has decided to play ball again.

Wow, just... wow Arwin. Would you share similar videos in the corresponding Project Cars -or another multiplatform game, for that matter- thread if you ever try the game on the PC ? The left window pane with all the realistic dust and reflections and the vegetation look so fine. Not for everyone though. I didn't expect that of you, I mean having 3 screens. Setting it up might take some time, I suppose. Plus finding the space at home.

Ironically I actually already had 3 screens on my desk. The 22" I had just replaced with a new 24" because it was ancient and started to flicker a long time at startup. The other screen is a 27" TV with Passive 3D that I picked up for 270 euro a few years ago because I really wanted to experiment with 3D and which has been my second monitor for PC since then. So it was very little effort actually!

I wi very likely get Project Cars on PC now as then I can use this and don't have to buy a new wheel for PS4 (I have an old Logitech). Should Project Cars ever start to support Gyro steering and it is actually good, then I might also pickup the PS4 version.

Just don't try to game on it... or, well anything much for a long time, has a steep learning curve.

has a steep curve.

:D
btw my ceiling just collapsed and spread dirt and water everywhere...
now i got the perfect reason (it also annoyingly only support 2-3 simultaneous button press) to dumb the keyboard and buy a new one rather than wash it :D

or i will let it dry by itself and just swing it around and repeatly hit it upside down to clear the dirt....

Back