Sony's NeoGeo Pocket's (PSP2/Vita) business/non technical ramifications talk

Google is saying that this is a homebrew hack, not a pirate software hack. I'll be amazed if Sony can't blot out piracy on Vita after their successes and failures on PS3.

Even then, I agree on many levels with your 'last nail in the coffin' statement. Many (not me) would argue that custom firmwares are just what the Vita needs ...

How anyone would say something to that degree with a straight face after what happened to the PSP (where hardware sales went indeed up while software sales hit rock bottom at the same time) is beyond me.
It's kinda funny. On the one hand people bitch about not wanting to buy a Vita because it has too many ports and too little in the way of original games, on the other hand they seem perfectly happy with shelling out 250 dollar for a device that plays crap from the 8 and 16 bit era. (or so they say at least)

Well, if push comes to shove, Sony can always opt to nail the guy to the wall.

And just to be perfectly clear, I meant DISAGREE, not agree. ;) I'm amazed how good the Vita is already not even 7 months out, and sales will come when the price goes down (I'm betting Wifi for 199 with 16GB memory included will be the moment a larger audience steps in)

And just to be perfectly clear, I meant DISAGREE, not agree. ;) I'm amazed how good the Vita is already not even 7 months out, and sales will come when the price goes down (I'm betting Wifi for 199 with 16GB memory included will be the moment a larger audience steps in)

I dunno , i'm trying to get rid of my vita and its worthless , a 3g model with uncharted , 32gig memory card , cradle and extra cable + case + dock isn't even hitting $250 on ebay which is what the wifi system alone costs new.

Piracy on the platform will kill it.

I dunno , i'm trying to get rid of my vita and its worthless , a 3g model with uncharted , 32gig memory card , cradle and extra cable + case + dock isn't even hitting $250 on ebay which is what the wifi system alone costs new.

Piracy on the platform will kill it.

I'd keep it until closer to Christmas, at least for a better chance of selling it.

Is Uncharted your only game, then? Or do you have digital games as well?

I'd buy it from you for that money right now, as a second system. Just checked, but for 250 euro I can get a 16Gb WiFi model second hand at best ...

I'd keep it until closer to Christmas, at least for a better chance of selling it.

Is Uncharted your only game, then? Or do you have digital games as well?

I'd buy it from you for that money right now, as a second system. Just checked, but for 250 euro I can get a 16Gb WiFi model second hand at best ...

I won it with taco bell . I'm supposed to get little big planet in the mail. I have like 2 digital games , nothing much.

I was talking to my friend and I noticed a very interesting thing happened between us. We both grew up with computers (playing warlords , civ , sim city , ultima's ) and we both got the nes and genesis/super nes at the same time. But as time went foward i moved towards pcs more and he stayed with the playstation . Now i allways had consoles even the saturn and n64 into the dreamcast and then xbox /gamecube. However y taste for japanese games wained while he moved strait into the playstation only. With each console generation I spent more and more time playing pc games and less and less time playing console games. Even this generation I'vep layed 90% of my games on the pc even though I own all 3 consoles and both portables.

My tastes have simply changed from what is currently being offered on the vita. if they had an elder scrolls (Even an older one) or some other good western RPGs and some more western fps games and mabye a proper verison of civ rev i would be more interested. But it seems like i want is going to largely be missing for the forseable future.

Still about $50 too high, maybe $75 or $100 too high.

As time passes, it'll be overshadowed by other devices. Not that these other devices will have better gaming but the tide is too strong against dedicated gaming devices.

My tastes have simply changed from what is currently being offered on the vita. if they had an elder scrolls (Even an older one) or some other good western RPGs and some more western fps games and mabye a proper verison of civ rev i would be more interested. But it seems like i want is going to largely be missing for the forseable future.

I mentioned it on GAF, where I think you'd have a good shot at selling it - people there know the value of that 32MB memory card.

If Sony's smart, they'd do something like use their Gaikai purchase to allow playing something like The Witcher 2 on the Vita, which are the type of games I don´t think they´d otherwise ever get on the system ...

Looking at Tablets specs starting to sell Kindle Fire for $159 and Nexus 7 for $199... Just incompetence for Nintendo and Sony if they lose money at current pricepoints

Both of those are supposedly sold at a loss. Obviously Nintendo shouldn't be hurting, but I don't expect Sony is doing much better than breaking even at the current price. It is still the most powerful portable device out there with an OLED screen, multiple capacitive surfaces, gyros, accelerometers, cameras and a high build quality.

I mentioned it on GAF, where I think you'd have a good shot at selling it - people there know the value of that 32MB memory card.

If Sony's smart, they'd do something like use their Gaikai purchase to allow playing something like The Witcher 2 on the Vita, which are the type of games I don´t think they´d otherwise ever get on the system ...

I'd perfer to dump it all at once instead of selling it bit by bit.

Back