Handheld gaming/game-business talk now to take place in Console Forums

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
Here's a quick update about the recent forum reorganisation. Most of the changes pertain to the 3D Tech forums except for one that involves the Console Forum. And as the title of this thread spells it, the gaming talk on handhelds will now take place in the console forums.

Concretely, it means that all the game related talk will occur in Console Games and all the marketing/business/sales talk about the handheld consoles will take place in the Console Forum.

The technical talk, be it the hardware (CPU, GPU, Storage talk) or programming side of things, should take place in the new Handheld Technology forum.

End-user accessories, firmware updates and other homebrews can be discussed in the Console Forums, only the purely technical talk (for example the talk about the future architecture of the DS2/PSP2, or what company won the biddings to provide the CPU/GPU for them, etc.) should be in Handheld Technology.

I know many asked, via posts and PMs, for handheld gaming to be brought back to the Console Forum, so I expect that most people tol be pleased by this new reorganisation than not.

Obviously, feel free to comment (agree, disagree, mind, doesn't mind, etc).

Sounds good. The volume of posts has been exceptionally low on the handheld sections anyway (probably in part because it's a few steps removed from their Console Games relative), so it should be a painless re-grafting.

Things were a lot busier when the DS and PSP were the only new systems to talk about. ;)

Although my opinion doeasnt count for much, I dont really find that idea intuative. Console threads move at quite a fast pace where as I can imagine handheld threads do not.

Therefore potentially interesting handheld info would soon be pushed out of view (off the first page)and only viewable by doing a search (then of course you would have to know exactly what you are looking for).

Part of the fun of these forums is to browse through threads relating to certain topics and finding new things you didnt know about (something you cant do if you are genrally forced to make searches to find threads on any given info).

Just my 2p.

Back