Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

I don't understand where people get the idea that the Neo or whatever would release this year or even early next year.
Sony have the Playstation VR to launch this autumn and winter, surely they don't want another device competing for the same money, even if it's their own product.
Make people invest in the PS VR now and Neo later in spring 2017.
that assumes there's a massive overlap between psvr and neo.
a person wanting one may not even be interested in the other, or may be but at a later date.
nothing wrong with having to choose one or the other if you can't afford both.
if you want vr and want entry level, then pick standard ps4, if want premium version, pick up neo also. Sounds good to me.
I don't see the problem apart from marketing dollars

I preordered VR but I'd happily cancel that if Neo is worth the upgrade. No wait. I'm not buying it. I'm not buying it. I can't. No.

Why does no one predict a new handheld?

Quad-Core A53
Power VR 7XT 200~300 Gflops
4GB Main RAM, 1GB wideband VRAM
1080p OLED
I want it VR or AR. I wouldn't go as far as predicting it, but I'm certainly wishing for it.:LOL:

That psvr custom 5 inch rgb oled could be an incredible screen for a vita2 or even a new xperia phone compatible with 120hz VR with 60Hz reprojection. The increased volume would level the cost compared to psvr being relatively niche.

I preordered VR but I'd happily cancel that if Neo is worth the upgrade. No wait. I'm not buying it. I'm not buying it. I can't. No.

Resistance is futile.

BTW i bet we are going to get a lot of "4K" games using that checkboard rendering technique. Image analysis is going to keep us busy for sometime. If they are able to get an upres image and make it look good, MS may be having some trouble differentiating their console in real world performance.

Is there a known web link to the event stream?

(I assume it will be streamed to the internet, and I won't have to read about it in a printed paper magazine in a month and a half... :LOL:)

My hotel internet is spotty to say the least... The room is a bit too far from the modem I guess. I think streaming is out of the question. A pity, but the details will satisfy me :)

Back