Sony Playstation Gaming Showcase [2020-09-16]

I suppose gameplay demo of Spiderman and Demon Soul's remake. FF16 trailer and maybe first trailer of GTA 5 nouvelle generation.

No Horizon 2.

Thinking the same, but surely they'll have enough developed to show a bit of HZD2? It's out within a year, probably.

Then the usual Sony e3 stunt of showing a few trailer for stuff that's due in 2022 and beyond.

You'd have though doing exactly the same would be well worth the ~$1.5bn in lost revenue. Come on Sony, you know you want to. :)

Ban this person! :LOL:

Throw them in the price pool?

3f7bbe034f2434425ac4a411a6e566f5.jpg

Take this to bank. There is so much demand that all ps5 consoles for next 2 years will be sold via auction. Pricing depends on the bidding and cannot be revealed. Prepare your credit cards for some heavy use!

Take this to bank. There is so much demand that all ps5 consoles for next 2 years will be sold via auction. Pricing depends on the bidding and cannot be revealed. Prepare your credit cards for some heavy use!

Tonight Sony will announce actual PlayStation Hunger Games for those who want the hardware. Personally, I think this would be a good move. :yes:

Tonight Sony will announce actual PlayStation Hunger Games for those who want the hardware. Personally, I think this would be a good move. :yes:

Finally the misspent youth years will pay off (military service and martial arts training) :p

Now that's a winner of an idea.

If pricing is announced, I expect $499 (SE) and $449 (DE) consoles. If Sony announces a $399 console (DE), that would be great for the consumers of course, but it will exact a heavy toll on their financial books for quite some time.
If we're going price speculation, my prediction ranges are:
  • PlayStation 5 Full Fat Pregnant Drive Model - 399 - 549.
  • PlayStation 5 Digital Edition - 299 - 399.
I would not be surprised to see non-round $x29, $x49 or $x79 prices.

If we're going price speculation, my prediction ranges are:
  • PlayStation 5 Full Fat Pregnant Drive Model - 399 - 549.
  • PlayStation 5 Digital Edition - 299 - 399.
I would not be surprised to see non-round $x29, $x49 or $x79 prices.
Lower end prices are super aggressive.

I would be careful about undercutting xbox, as I think MS would move to match right away. Therefore all it would end up doing is selling PS5 cheaper than otherwise necessary.

Multiples retailers leaks 399 PS5 DE and 499 for PS5.

Sony will be ok, they will have the second best year of a Playstation division if they reach the forecast revenue and profit. They forecast a profit of 2.2 Billion dollars and they are at 1.1 billion of profit just for the first quarter.

EelgDwiXYAI8uTp.png:small

PSN make them enough money to have some reasonnable loss on one of the two consoles.

EelhIt_XYAE8DMU

If they reach the forecast. PSN is the core business of Playstation and PS4 and PS5 are only access point to PSN.

OCs4GOP.png

Back