Sony PlayStation Showcase [2021-09-09]

9IXei.jpg

GoW was already very impressive graphics wise on the PS4 so graphics going to PS5 wasn't going to be that much better, maybe a bit more character realism but then they don't have real people to work off for Kratos. I expect environmental things like fur, snow etc. to be better.

Gameplay wise, I expect will be a lot better. Fight scenes I expect will start the same as before but will become a lot more evolved with more enemies on screen.

Story is where it's at though. If what was rumored to be true and the game is 40 hours plus long, I expect the story to be amazing as GoW's story was. There's a lot they haven't shown so there's a lot to expect.

I can't wait. Next year! :D

Oh damn! Freya looks awesome!

51440939858_98abbd78e5_4k.jpg
51440939858_98abbd78e5_4k.jpg

How is the graphic of these two Marvel games?

Since they will be released in 2023 or later, they should have true generation leap of graphic. Is there any noticeable difference compared with PS5 version of SM MM?

OMG amazing new game!

GTA V. :p

Regards,
SB
As much as people here hate GTA V, it's still one of the most viewed titles from yesterday's bunch. Only video's with bigger views are the big hitters KOTOR, Spider-man 2, Wolverine and GoW Ragnarok. It seems like it's still a game a lot of Playstation users play.

upload_2021-9-10_13-53-4.png

Quite a strong show IMO.

I'm a little worried about the KOTOR remake now. They are redoing the whole game including the story to make it more "impactful for the people of today." I hope that doesn't mean they are redoing the story to make it more politically correct and "woke."
I'd definitely count on that if it was being made by Bioware, but considering it's being made by a fairly unknown developer gives me some hope.

BTW God of War, doesnt show THAT MUCH of a next gen improvement over the original. I guess the work done on the original was so good that the team reached their saturation point?

Yes, GoW Ragnarok's IQ on the PS5 is suffering from the PS4 fallback IMO.

As much as people here hate GTA V, it's still one of the most viewed titles from yesterday's bunch. Only video's with bigger views are the big hitters KOTOR, Spider-man 2, Wolverine and GoW Ragnarok. It seems like it's still a game a lot of Playstation users play.

View attachment 5840

Oh, you mistake my comment. I'm in awe of how GTA V remains relevant through 3 generations of consoles while generating yearly sales that most other games can only dream of. Most games can't come close to the sales that GTA V generates in a single year over 7 years from it's launch. Minecraft is another title that generates that type of awe.

I'm just humongously amused that it shows up in a showcase for the latest and greatest console that's meant to showcase the latest and greatest games coming to that console. :D

Regards,
SB

I thought Fortnite or some Chinese games were the big grossers.

How does GTA V generate income, with micro transactions?

Hmm, how does a game sustain it's popularity if you have to keep spending to do well in it?

If 5% of the players do all the spending, it has to alienate people who play it casually or played for awhile but just don't want to compete against people who will outspend them.

unlike Spider-man sony has zero rights to the character that is all Disney.

I don't follow. Sony don't have any rights to Spider-Man as a game. Sony/Insomniac made some PlayStation games with Spider-Man, just like Activation did and like TT included a multitude of Spiderverse incarnations in their Lego Marvel SuperHero games. Marvel was content with those games only appearing on PlayStation just like they wee content with Spider-Man only appearing on other games on limited platforms. Why would Marvel treat Wolverine any different?

Microsoft can licence Wolverine for their own game, and Spider-Man for their own games. They have not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With MLB Sony was seemingly to content to develop for multiple platforms. With superhero games, maybe they are not. So from Marvel/Disney's perspective it's some licensing from games only on PlayStation or no licensing if Sony aren't interested in doing multi-platform superhero games.

I’m digging the speculation that the “enhanced gameplay” that GTA V promises is a VR mode because of the camera movement in the driving scene that immediately follows. PS4 graphics at VR framerates should be easily doable for PS5, right?

I don't follow. Sony don't have any rights to Spider-Man as a game. Sony/Insomniac made some PlayStation games with Spider-Man, just like Activation did and like TT included a multitude of Spiderverse incarnations in their Lego Marvel SuperHero games. Marvel was content with those games only appearing on PlayStation just like they wee content with Spider-Man only appearing on other games on limited platforms. Why would Marvel treat Wolverine any different?

Microsoft can licence Wolverine for their own game, and Spider-Man for their own games. They have not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With MLB Sony was seemingly to content to develop for multiple platforms. With superhero games, maybe they are not. So from Marvel/Disney's perspective it's some licensing from games only on PlayStation or no licensing if Sony aren't interested in doing multi-platform superhero games.
While I don’t know the details around Spider-Man, once it was given to Sony, all other versions of spider man games were removed from stores and existence on Xbox One. So it’s not so straight forward, either the license expired, or they did not want to renew it.

Back