Sony PlayStation Showcase [2021-09-09]

Insight

Newcomer
Finally!
You've been awfully patient, and we thank you for that. And now we're looking forward to showing you what we've been working on.

Tune in next Thursday, September 9 at 1:00pm Pacific Time / 9:00pm BST / 10:00pm CEST for a look into the future of PS5. The Showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes and include updates from PlayStation Studios and some of the industry's most imaginative developers, for games releasing this holiday and beyond. And stick around after the presentation to get more updates from some of the studio teams featured in the Showcase.

One thing to note: PlayStation's next generation of VR won't make an appearance this time. But there will still be plenty of great PS5 games from developers large and small. We hope you can join us!

Godammint they still keeping psvr2 under wraps. I want psvr2 game.

I want moar vr games from Japan. their experiments in VR was way more amazing than their full vr games, and they provided them for free on JP PSN store.

Anyways, I'm hoping they have interesting new games to show. I'm burned out on typical game mechanics.

Reactions: JPT
Anyways, I'm hoping they have interesting new games to show. I'm burned out on typical game mechanics.

Yes, something new and fun would be great. Currently I am playing Vigor, because I have 2 friends that usually can dedicate a few hours during the week to play also.
So we team up and have fun for a few hours, but the game it self is the same old stuff. What makes it fun, is the ability of actually playing with my friends (ie they have the time and inclination to play to)

From the previous State of Play in July:

This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon.

They already gave up details on the Forbidden West's release date last week during gamescom and they've already shown a bunch of gameplay footage, so I wouldn't count on more of that.
Safe bets are a preview of God of War Ragnarok and a showcase on what to expect for PSVR2's software (and/or perhaps the headset itself which is still shrouded in mystery). There's word that Sony will make all of their 1st parties compatible with PSVR2 instead of just launching dedicated VR games, which would be very cool.

Other than that, we also know that Kojima's Final Trailer for Death Stranding is coming out the day before, so we might see something related to that if it's not really about Death Stranding.

Plenty of people are suggesting we'll see some surprises like bringing older franchises back to life and showing off completely new stuff, but once again the only safe bets are PSVR2 and God of War Ragnarok.

Non-surprises that they could also show:

- Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen edition
- Final Fantasy XVI (though this would be more of a TGS game I think)
- Elden Ring
- Borderlands Tiny Tina spinoff
- Rocksteady's Suicide Squad
- Gotham Knights
- Hogwarts Legacy

20min of deathloop gameplay.
That was pretty much July's presentation.

Any chance of them showing Uncharted Collection for PC? Maybe along with a teaser or logo reveal for the next Uncharted title?

Back