Sony PlayStation Showcase [2021-09-09]

yeah we know nothing how wolverine and spiderman 2 looks but its insomniac ;) just expected more from gow2, horizon 2 looks much better for me
I think it has more to do with artstyle. What game do you think looks better: GoW or Horizon (on Pro)?

God of War Ragnarok looks amazing. Simply brilliant! Nice thing is that it's on PS4 as well so I'll be able to play it without needing to buy a PS5 :D

GT7 looks... alright I guess. I mean, it looks great.. but after Forza Horizon 5... it doesn't hit the same. Spider-man and Wolverine are like... eh whatever to me. I feel like Spider-man is going to be Yakuza'd and we'll have a new one ever year or two.. then before you know it we'll be at the 8 or 9th Spider-man game... I dunno. I'm good for now.

Forspoken look really good. I'm interested in learning more about that, and I'm happy that's coming to PC. It's nice to see the UC4 & Lost Legacy Collection coming as well to PC.

So I think it was a pretty good show over all. Maybe not quuuite what some of the hardcore were hoping for, at least in terms of surprises.. but come 2022 and 2023, these heavy hitters like Horizon 2, GT7, Spider-man 2, and God of War 2 will be massive for Sony's machine.

God of War was the only thing that I liked in the show.
The show was average at best, Sony used to reveal their games with long gameplay demos not with splash screens like they did here, it makes these reveals underwhelming.

I'm a little worried about the KOTOR remake now. They are redoing the whole game including the story to make it more "impactful for the people of today." I hope that doesn't mean they are redoing the story to make it more politically correct and "woke." And they'll be "incorporating" aspects of the original that people loved ... that always makes me worried. When a developer says something like that it almost always means they've fucked it up because they want their vision of what they want the game to be.

That's from the interview after the show.

Regards,
SB

I didn't play KOTOR.

Did it have #MeToo violations or something?

GT7 looks... alright I guess. I mean, it looks great.. but after Forza Horizon 5... it doesn't hit the same. Spider-man and Wolverine are like... eh whatever to me. I feel like Spider-man is going to be Yakuza'd and we'll have a new one ever year or two.. then before you know it we'll be at the 8 or 9th Spider-man game... I dunno. I'm good for now.
Well Forza Horizon 5 has the luxury to take liberties with the environments that a motorsport game doesnt have.
I see some very impressive elements in GT7 like this one. Th use of lighting is simply outstanding.

upload_2021-9-10_8-36-38.png

Reactions: snc
BTW God of War, doesnt show THAT MUCH of a next gen improvement over the original. I guess the work done on the original was so good that the team reached their saturation point?

I was pretty disappointed with the show. I want more living and dynamic game worlds from this gen. The gameplay for three titles leaned heavily on the same old arena/corridor environments combat with a handful of enemies. Guess we're still a few years out from something that really exploits the hardware in a way I find interesting.

BTW God of War, doesnt show THAT MUCH of a next gen improvement over the original. I guess the work done on the original was so good that the team reached their saturation point?
Yeah, expected more from santa monica even tough knew it was crossgen

interesting that now all are in 60fps

the new god of war looks marvelous in 60fps, including the cinematic blur. On the other hand, GT7 looks like a mish mash of current gen and last gen. Sometimes it looks simply stunning, sometimes it looks dated (especially on the scenes where the trailer showed various different car cockpit/dashboard) and when the camera zooms out showing more of the track.

most interesting one for me is the bayoneta x nier automata "clone" from a korean studio. Hopefully they really nailed the battle mechanics, the ridiculous over the top-ness, and the story twists.

ghostwire looks really really really dated. but at least its in 60fps.

EDIT:
dammit. im bloody dumb. i was watching the trailers with motion interpolation enabled... turns out GoW is still 30 fps. looks really choppy after i saw it with motion interpolation off :(

GoW was already very impressive graphics wise on the PS4 so graphics going to PS5 wasn't going to be that much better, maybe a bit more character realism but then they don't have real people to work off for Kratos. I expect environmental things like fur, snow etc. to be better.

Gameplay wise, I expect will be a lot better. Fight scenes I expect will start the same as before but will become a lot more evolved with more enemies on screen.

Story is where it's at though. If what was rumored to be true and the game is 40 hours plus long, I expect the story to be amazing as GoW's story was. There's a lot they haven't shown so there's a lot to expect.

I can't wait. Next year! :D

Back