Sony Halo, KILLzone hype thread!

First movie I've seen with CG rendering errors heh. Take note of the scene with the tanks, and watch the textures on his shorts clip and vanish

Aww, that kind of error is just picky. Beside in cinema I won't have the luxury of stoping the movie to take notice.

BTW: You aren't basing this on the leak version, that're in circulation are you ?

Phil said:
I disagree - Spiderman was cool. :p

i really really dont know why, but everytime i think about Spiderman the movie, all i get pictured in my mind is chewing gum. i really dont know why....

again, i REALLY need counselling... :LOL:

marconelly! said:
First movie I've seen with CG rendering errors heh.
You don't say!? :oops:

And to think ILM worked on those...

What's it like besides rendering errors? I had a feeling the movie is a dud.

Yea, there's also a (very short) scene where the hulk is grourad shaded, pretty funky ;)

Just found out that its an unfinished leak, not a 'gold' screener.. which would explain the 'Sounds R Us v2.0' sound effects (Xcom sound effects, heh) and the rendering errors.

Even if its not 'finished', the screenplay still blows big time, the plot is soooo broken and confusing, and Ang Lee tries much too hard to make every scene as 'deep' as possible.

Not worth the price of admission. If you do see it, go on a tuesday or in the afternoon... and don't buy popcorn ;)

Yeah, I once watched a leaked copy of Men in Black which had completely unfinished special efffects, most of the aliens were wireframe computer models, or simply non existent, so the actors talked to the air. It was my first encounter with something like that, and it was confusing at first, but soon after I realized what is going on, it became hilarious :))

killzone-enemy2.jpg

killzone-forrest2.jpg

Yeah, those pics... I've seen them few days ago on some site accompanied with the fakest sounding 'insider' e-mail that I've ever seen. I just assumed it was all fake.

Is the movie really that bad? Bad as in, Scooby Doo bad? Or is it a lesser degree of suckiness?

Way worse than Scooby Doo. Atleast Scooby Doo didn't try very hard, Ang Lee bends over backwards trying to turn 'The Hulk' into art or some shit.

A NURBS car moedl wouldn't be lighter in memory usage compared to a poly car,

That depend on the LOD of the poly car. The poly car will always be an approximate of the NURBS car. Bezier Curve, B-Spline is more attractive in CAD because of that.

A CAD car model has details that no gamer would ever care about. They don't care about 100% physical accuracy, they want it to look good and behave as they expect it to do. For that a poly car is usually better, an N-patch car too. See, NURBS isn't the type of HOS most suited for realtime applications, there are many others to use...

A CAD car model has details that no gamer would ever care about. They don't care about 100% physical accuracy, they want it to look good and behave as they expect it to do. For that a poly car is usually better, an N-patch car too.

Ohh don't be so sure, once they have nothing more to argue, that what they'll pick on ;)

See, NURBS isn't the type of HOS most suited for realtime applications, there are many others to use...

See this is the thing, gamers just refer to NURBS or Bezier meaning HOS. I don't think they even bother to differentiate between Bezier curve and B-Spline.

Deepak said:
So is it a military/futuristic shooter??

I think both PS2on has these pics too but you need to read it in spanish.....
Damn when is the craapy windows going to do translations for those who can't read in other languages....like japanese

Psychogenics said:
....Damn when is the craapy windows going to do translations for those who can't read in other languages....like japanese

WELL, microsoft seems to busy playing catch catch with Sony... or, let me rephrase that... TRYING to play catch catch with Sony... there are some online translators if u ever need one... still, there's people from all over the world on these very boards, so we always get the point of pretty much everything when a translation is needed...
or u could do as i did, studying italian, french, english, german and latin at school... although i fail to see how Latin can become useful when talking about videogames, but thats another story...

er... to stay on topic... is it possible that the only pictures available of this game are at a resolution of like 4x4?????? for gods sake, it must look pretty crappy at this stage if the only pix released are pretty much NOTHING...

oh i forgot... according to the Official PS2 Mag, the same mag that gave 9 out of 10 to the graphix in Enter the Matrix, it's THE BEST LOOKING GAME EVER... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back