Shenmue3 rumour nr 827354762534

EndR

Regular
Or something along that line...

(has this been posted?)

Basically some taiwanese site has interviewd Yu Suzuki and he says its coming and ads about it will start somewhere 2006,and that he seems to be pleased with the 360,and so on,basically pointing out that its coming to 360,and then they add that since shenmue2 to xbox was paid by ms,and that peter moore was a ceo for nothren ameria sega,it looks like its coming to 360.
http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=35852&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1&cookieCheck=199071057
-------

Sweet if true.. I kinda miss the "Wizard from AM2" as he was called. It is a waste of talent if he isn´t doing something for Next Gen...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Another $20million loss, yippee!"
Sega spent way too much making the Shenmue's (and Ryu Ga Gotaku for PS2), and they just don't sell well. Shenmue I understand because its rather dull, but Ryu Ga Gotaku is Shenmue done right and it still sold poorly.
I doubt MS is going to subsidise a production either because the fanbase for the games are tiny (albeit vocal).

Nicked said:
"Another $20million loss, yippee!"
Sega spent way too much making the Shenmue's (and Ryu Ga Gotaku for PS2), and they just don't sell well. Shenmue I understand because its rather dull, but Ryu Ga Gotaku is Shenmue done right and it still sold poorly.
I doubt MS is going to subsidise a production either because the fanbase for the games are tiny (albeit vocal).

Why do those type of games for Sega cost so much? I don't get it.

Mistranslation. Suzuki isn't doing any console game anymore. He confirmed several times in Famitsu and Dorimaga, that he isn't planing any console title and want to concentrate on arcade and pc games (shen mue online).

ShenMue Online has been canceled AFAIR.
As for ShenMue 3, I put it in the Dreaming Bag.

Shenmue Online was not cancelled. Sega Sammy and their development partner for the project, JC Entertainment (JCE), are having a disagreement over ownership share of the game, so work was paused while JCE was replaced with an unidentified Taiwenese developer.

Games like Shenmue and Ryu Ga Gotoku cost so much because they have massive amounts of detail and content in their game worlds. Whereas most games have a narrow envelope of context around their story just large enough to set the scene, those Sega games update their full worlds with new content at each event in the story.

first of all ms has not paid sega anything for their exclusives, they gave incentives and helped out with localization/marketing of xbox exclusive titles.
secondly according to Dorimaga "review of 2005/what's to come in 2006" article Yu suzuki confirmed that he has started development of an MMORPG game , unless the game is pc only(a very slim slim to none possibility, but this is sega management anything can happen :)) he is making console games.

Shenmue didn't bomb nearly as bad as people think it did. Shenmue 2 for Xbox didn't do so shit hot because it had been imported to hell over here in NA anyway for the DC. I'm a huge Shenmue fan so I like to stay optimistic.:???:

Blade said:
If Shenmue III came out for Xbox 360, I'd buy the Xbox 360.. and I'm a hardline Xbox 360 cynic.

I would buy the system as well, just for Shenmue III. It would depend on the voice acting, however. I couldn't care less about some 2nd grade American voice actors replacing the Japanese originals...

Microsoft's deal for Sega's Xbox exclusives included millions of dollars in television advertising funds which gave games like ToeJam and Earl 3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta frequent commercial airtime.

Shenmue II was handled differently. Sega ported the game to Xbox and sold to Microsoft the North Amercian publishing rights for that release.

I can't say i take this rumour to seriously, although it does get my hopes. The thing that works against this rumour is that the original Shenmue games came out on the Dreamcast so long ( six years go for the first ), and the Xbox version of Shenmue 2 came out about three years ago, that it just wouldn't have any mindshare ( to steal a marketing term ) with people any more ( except for diehard fans ).

Off topic : I have Shenmue 1 for the Dreamcast and Shenmue 2 for the Xbox. I never noticed the voice acting ( how bad it was ), but what i did notice was that the Dreamcast shenmue looked much better then the Xbox one. It may have been the DC's VGA connection, compared to the Xbox's component output; but to me the Dreamcast one was much more colourful and brighter.

By the way i picked up Shenmue 1 secondhand at a video store, plus about twenty other games for my DC. Shenmue was never available brand new in my town form any store, since after only about six months after the Dreamcast had been released, support completely dried up ( no more games at all:cry: ).

Edit : Fixed a bunch of things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Dreamcast and Xbox versions each have graphical advantages over the other. While the Xbox game lessens the texture aliasing, smoothes the framerate, adds a per-pixel shimmer effect on the water, and implements an interesting glow filter over the image, the DC games are far sharper, especially because the Xbox version increases the use of motion blur trails far too much, and also have less glitchiness.

Lazy8s said:
Yeah, the Dreamcast and Xbox versions each have graphical advantages over the other. While the Xbox game lessens the texture aliasing, smoothes the framerate, adds a per-pixel shimmer effect on the water, and implements an interesting glow filter over the image, the DC games are far sharper, especially because the Xbox version increases the use of motion blur trails far too much, and also have less glitchiness.

I only knew about the improved frame rate in the Xbox version over the DC version ( never played the DC one ), so it's very interesting to learn about the graphical additions they made to the port.

I liked the control scheme much more in Shenmue 2 compared Shenmue 1 ( being able to use the analog stick for movement ).

It's a amazing how well the graphics stand up after all these years.

Back