Revelation: Hideo Kojima IGN video interview on MGS4 PS3

Akumajou

Regular
Hideo Kojima (Producer, Director and Creator of Metal Gear series) reveals to IGN the personal reasons why he of all things placen an Ipod and Assasins Creed costume in Snake's inventory in the new MGS4 videogame for the PS3.

He does not talk about plot or spoilers but more as a developer so if you want to give it a listen to the video interview you will learn how he met Producer Jade Raymond from the Assasins Creed team as well as other feelings he had when making his latest game.

This is a nice find as you get to see how a game dev thinks about his creation being complete.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/714044/metal-gear-solid-4/videos/KojimaInterview.html

Enjoy

As Akumajou mentioned, that interview covers the iPod and also offers up some nice footage of how its used in the game. Apparently the iPod (once found) allows you to replace the default background music with any music you have on your virtual iPod. The music itself appears to be items found in the game (perhaps even purchased in the game). Does look like it hits the PS3's stored music, however. But its hard to tell.

I'd say the video is spoiler free, as well. At least, free from any relevant spoilers.

A portable music player is actually something I thought would have fit GTA4 well. They should have had an iPhone ;)

If you can play your mp3s through the game using the in-game iPod interface, that would be pretty cool. Hopefully it's not just in-game music content.

That could possibly be an exclusive downloadable content for GTAIV.
An upgrade for your in game phone, a MP3 phone with access to music store (PSN?).

Anyway, MGS4, I think I'd still like to hear the Harry Gregson Williams score rather than some of the music that's on my PS3 currently.
It's like replacing the music of a movie with some of your own choice.

Back