Kojima talks to Kotaku about MGS4

http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php

Since Metal Gear Solid 4 has come up, I do the polite thing and ask how it's coming along. "Its almost at the 'shooting stage' of creating a movie", Kojima says. "All the design and scenarios are finished, we're just completing the actual game".

Moving on, I remind him of a comment he made last year comparing each of the three current consoles to "different kinds of dinner". Did he still think that was the case, now that all three are on the market? Nope. "They're more like a movie theatre metaphor", he says.

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

Pity. So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips.

Did he just confirm XB360 version of MGS4? I mean, all movies end up on DVD just a few months after the theatrical release.:LOL:

I thought this was old? At least he mentioned the theatre metaphore before.

"I want to use rumble, yes", he says, "but it's a race against time. If it can make it in in time I'd like to use it, yes."
So it is just mater of time. So it seems that rumble will come in 2007, but he will not have time to put it in US version of the game [US version is always first to come, november by tradition].

"I want to implement it, rumble, yes", he says. "I'm not thinking about a patch, though".
So, EU version of the game [IMO spring 2008] will again be full of extras, and looks like even rumble support. :) Time will tell...

I like his movie theatre analogy...

although it gets quite annoying in the movie theatre...

there's always:

an old lady shushing noisy kids

the noisy kids

the hecklers

people doing it...

feet above your head or your arm rest

people casually taking their shoes off only to expose a stinky stench emanating from their feet...

people who keeps on passing by to either get more popcorn or go to the john...

people kicking your seat...

and i end up sitting on a chair that's wet (and I'm always hoping it's just soda...)

etc...

:)

So it is just mater of time. So it seems that rumble will come in 2007, but he will not have time to put it in US version of the game [US version is always first to come, november by tradition].

So, EU version of the game [IMO spring 2008] will again be full of extras, and looks like even rumble support. :) Time will tell...

remember the game can be updated, so even if game comes out without rumble, whenever rumble comes out, the rumble can be supported via some sort of update :smile:

remember the game can be updated, so even if game comes out without rumble, whenever rumble comes out, the rumble can be supported via some sort of update :smile:

Kojima's words:
"I want to implement it, rumble, yes", he says. "I'm not thinking about a patch, though"

IMO he will add rumble in EU version, or in some upcoming MGS4 re-relase :) [Subsurface? Subwarfare?? SubSnakeDies???!!! :LOL: ]

I like his movie theatre analogy...

although it gets quite annoying in the movie theatre...

there's always:

an old lady shushing noisy kids

the noisy kids

the hecklers

people doing it...

feet above your head or your arm rest

people casually taking their shoes off only to expose a stinky stench emanating from their feet...

people who keeps on passing by to either get more popcorn or go to the john...

people kicking your seat...

and i end up sitting on a chair that's wet (and I'm always hoping it's just soda...)

etc...

:)
Stop pretending your living room is a 'Theater'! Go to a real one, where your nana can't shush your annoying cousins. No wait, that's my house! Oh snap! :(

Can anyone post the entire interview? I wonder if he said anything important regarding game play, or whether he just kept making stupid analogies.

"Yes, the PS3 is an oven, the 360 a toaster and the Wii a microwave...no no it is the PS3 that is the microwave..no scratch that..."

Back