Kojima Jumps In: MGS4 Coming to the Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
Wow, this is a major move. :oops:

The competition between Sony's Playstation and Microsoft's Xbox platforms has escellated to new heights. Recent weeks have seen a number of Playstation strongholds expand their reach by supporting the Xbox 360. While the recent rash of defections appeared significant at the time, it is clear now that they were only setting the table for bigger and better things for Xbox fans: Kojima has jumped in.

It is no secret that Microsoft has set their sites on the father of the Metal Gear franchise. The company distributed press material at E3 2006 with the slogan, "Dear Mr. Kojima, Jump in." A recent blog entry by Brucie Schneider-Johne, Microsoft Germany's Product Manager, again re-emphasized Microsoft's overt goal to bring the Metal Gear Solid Franchise to the Xbox 360 by naming it, along with Final Fantasy, as titles they wish to add to their portfolio.

e3-2006-dear-mr-kojima-jump-in-ad-20060511021024189-000.jpg

According to official sources Metal Gear Solid 4 is now slated to be a timed exclusive and will be joining Virtua Fighters, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, and a number of other Playstation signature titles on the Xbox 360. Official announcement will be made at this years E3 show where Peter Moore, Vice President of Microsoft's Entertainment Division, will be unvieling his newest tatoo featuring the Metal Gear protagonist Snake.

In some ways this is pretty shocking news. Kojima has denied this a number of times. Of course Capcom denied that DMC4 was coming to the 360 as recently as January but we now know it is coming to the 360. Same situation with Oblivion which was stated to be an exclusive, then "no current plans" and then finally "hey, we are almost done with the PS3 version!" A similar situation with Assassin's Creed, although they took the "no officialy announcement" route whereas MGS4 has always been called a PS3 exclusive.

So, how long until Final Fantasy goes multiplatform and supports the 360? How about Tekken? It seems all the other major 3rd party franchises, outside of the Insomniac IPs, that have a bit of influence/recognition on the Playstation have branched out. Of course there are rumors from 1Up that a major Xbox franchise is heading to the PS3, so it seems that any title not being published by MS/Sony or secured via large amounts of cash are prone to going multiplatform. I guess this is nice, this means gamers can choose a console based on the 1st party titles that appeal to them and the features and services each platform offers.

The link you give shows an article, from E3 06, with different text than that which you quote..? :???:

I can't see any other MGS4 related article on the front IGN 360 page..

Would now be a bad time to point out it's April 1? :p

Its pretty shocking, but if its not from Kojima's owns mouth ill hold my breath. Also did'nt Koj ask Sony for a dual layer 50gb Blu-Ray disk because 25gig was'nt enough for MGS4? whats he gonna do with 7gig?

the mouse on that pic is 100% exactly the same as mine :LOL:

anyway, Kojima jumped in ages ago, he is Gears of War fan apparently :devilish:

April's fools, sir.

Vice President of Microsoft's Entertainment Division, will be unvieling his newest tatoo featuring the Metal Gear protagonist Snake.

If something, this obviously shows its april's fools.

I don't know whether to +rep Joshua for his April Fools attempt, or -ve rep him for getting fooled ;)

I woke up today fresh and with a smile. A cup of coca milk and then to relax infront of the computer. I browse to Beyond3D and see this thread and think 'Great news for the gamming community!' until my smile fades away and the cocoa lumps suddenly feelt like rocks in my mouth when I smell the 1st april stench in this thread. :cry:...
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well BLIZZARD has announced new warcraft RTS for WoW users [actualy its just Warcraft 3, with new name sticker on the box :D]

Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth
boxes.jpg

WHoA comes in *four* different box covers
(that's TWICE as many as WoW!)

http://www.blizzard.com/whoa/

Hahahahhaa... Nice one :)

Wow, this is a major move. :oops:
<...>
Nice! There's sill room for improvement, but nice!
I don't think you matched your vocabulary to the usual IGN set. They don't use half of these words. And it's "escalated" :D
Good work on the subtle inaccuracies though, especially Resident Evil ;)

You guys are no fun, you should play the game, act surprised and start dropping crazy fan person approved drivel about how big this is and all. :p

I for one wanted to write a fake PR announcing a Nvidia buyout by Intel, or an AMD buyout from IBM, and post it in the PC forums, while keeping an eye on the thread, deleting posts saying "Haha April's fool", just to see how many folks would take the bait. But sadly, I have very little time, I'm putting the final touch to the new forum skin and writting a convincing PR would require more than a couple of minutes.

They got it on a DVD just fine.

there were trivial cutbacks. Mostly the uncompressed sound. Still looks great, see:

mgs_565_sm.jpg

Good one, Joshua. I wish the game hadn't been over so early!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back