Kojima Jumps In: MGS4 Coming to the Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol really? I found the link somewhere but I had no idea.

Your interpretation sounds very close though. You might be right

The next MGS is a man with his head in a giant bubble. Seriously though, why is this thread still alive? Only the truly desperate are still looking for a bite here!

My take on the equation is, depending on the context of where you are, either alerting or being stealthy will give you an advantage in some way shape or form.

This is quite simply a MGS Twin Snakes GC port for Wii and I am sticking to it so I wager one Us dollar and if I win all of you will have to pay me :D

God let's hope not - Metal Gear ac!d is a terrible series of games
(the preceeding has been an obvious opinion of Jack Tripper, Beyond3d at large does not have any liability or may not share the same opinions as the poster - no connection between Jack Tripper's opinion and Beyond3d viewpoints should be interperted or inferred)

:)

Jack

The Vaio power standby symbol isnt actually lit green, though

xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg

Good to see the jeuxfrance trilogy remake speculation has been pretty much debunked at GAF, that would be underwhelming imo. Whatever it is I hope it's new, or at least contains something new..

The rumour actually started on Neogaf..... I fell for it too...... they're trying to kick gaming blogs like Kotaku in the nuts by making a fool of them by spreading false rumours.

Another great one they started was that the puzzle was to advertise Metal Gear Soda hehehe :3

They'll put Snake's brain in RAY, it'll be ZOE meets MGS, Kojipro fanboys will have aneurysms.

You made a joke there but ironically I heard Otacon call something REX's system (I think its when you die while being in REX) and I am pretty positive I ve heard the same name about Jehuty's. I cant remember now what that was

Based off common sense? And the world+dog expecting it? And numerous previous rumors and leading qoutes from Konami later retracted and so on and so forth?

Yea, you believe that.

Sony bought millions of copies of this game from Konami, and I'm sure they threw in more money on top of that to secure exclusivity. Konami sold something like 4 million copies world wide?

The best thing for you to remember in this case is that shipped to retailers is far more important to the publisher than those precious NPD numbers everyone thinks are so important. Konami could care less if MGS4 sold 700K in it's launch month, they sold over a million copies to retailers, they made their money.

The game is not coming out on 360, despite undying repeated rumors of the same comments from people at Konami that were made long before Sony dropped tons of money on them for exclusivity.

Retailers have deals for returning unsold games to the publisher. (overall it still costs them money for the unsold games, but far from as much as you would think). Aspecially big retail chains can negotiate pretty good deals on returning unsold games. They also have deals for when pricing is cut (usually costs the publisher money, not the retailer)

Retailers have deals for returning unsold games to the publisher. (overall it still costs them money for the unsold games, but far from as much as you would think). Aspecially big retail chains can negotiate pretty good deals on returning unsold games. They also have deals for when pricing is cut (usually costs the publisher money, not the retailer)

Konami still comes out on top. If MGS4 sells through a million copies to retailers in North America, their stock goes up.

Their stock doesn't go down when a retailer sends it back. Konami comes out on top and makes good money when they sell through to the retailer. Again, the most important number to the publisher is shipped, sold to retailers, not sold to consumers. Sold to consumers is nice, as it means they will order more stock, but Konami still made out well on MGS4.

I think we have a better change of seeing an entirely new MGS series on the 360 than we do seeing a port of MGS4.

Konami still comes out on top. If MGS4 sells through a million copies to retailers in North America, their stock goes up.

This is wrong. Basic financial theory 101:

The market prices in future expectations in the stock price of any given firm, thus if 1 million copies sold to retailers is LESS than the expectations, stock goes down.

If it sells more than expected, stock goes up, if close to market expectations it will not move significantly. (This is why many firms can report record earnings for a quarter, yet the stock price falls on the same day, even when systematic (marked) events are positive).

Their stock doesn't go down when a retailer sends it back. Konami comes out on top and makes good money when they sell through to the retailer

Actually, if retailers send it back, and the % returned to publisher was higher than expected, stock goes down. Again, basic financial theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is, no one expected MGS4 to go on and sell 4 million world wide. I'm pretty sure the shipped numbers did well for them.

Not to mention when a product is returned to the publisher, it is generally a very long time after the game released, and the game generally performed poorly.

MGS4 is not applicable to the examples you cited. I doubt any copies were sent / sold back to Konami.

Thing is, no one expected MGS4 to go on and sell 4 million world wide.

Your assuming things you have no knowledge of. I guarantee you many many people expected it to sell 4 million or even better. Saying no one expected this and that is a generalization you cannot make. Considering that the two previous PS2 games sold close to 8 and 4 million sales, i doubt that "no one" expected 4 million world wide.

Basically, investors care more about what is sold through to retailers, and that is the EXACT reason that PR often reflects that from MS, Sony, Nintendo, and Publishers. PR isn't released as a chest thumping console war victory, it's released for the stock market and investors, not for forum goers.

I thought everybody knew this?

MGS4 is not applicable to the examples you cited. I doubt any copies were sent / sold back to Konami.

Its applicable to general financing theory, like anything else. Unless 4 million was significantly above expectations, stock price would not rise upon the reporting of 4 million shipped\sold whatever.

Its irrelevant what actually happend, your "1 million sold - stock price goes up" in post 155 is plain and simply wrong. You cannot determine if news of 1 million sold would make stock price go up or down, unless you know market expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back