Resistance 2

Hey man, thats cool you like the Resistance games but I simply couldn't get into the series for the reasons that I stated in my previous post.The game just really, really, bored me alot.I also didn't like the enemy designs as it looked a bit generic without any uniqueness.To each their own I guess...

I feel that's a huge cop-out on your part. Generic my ass.

There are DOZENS of considerably more generic designs out there. What the hell does that even MEAN by the way? What about it is "generic"? That means you would class it as having a lot in common with other designs.

I just really feel people use "generic" and "it's not unique" when they can't put their thoughts into words. I think the bigger issue is you probably couldn't get into the visuals and setting rather than the designs and art style.

What I liked about R2 was Co-Op, my play time got sunk into that. SP was okay, but at the end I felt like I was grinding just to get to the end really. As for MP, I played about 30 mins, so I do not have a real opinion it, since MP usually is not my thing.

What are you doing in MAG ? :oops: It's more "hardcore" and demoralizing than R2.

Because it, at least to me, induced/forced more team play with its very objective based rounds. Ie defend a bunker, tower or get it. But there are multiple objects per map, which means that one small team is not able to dominate it and team play is of higher importance than other MP games.... IMHO ;)

Edit
Or that I am bored of all these noob mp games with noob players doing the same thing over and over and over again :p
I used to be the "release manager" for this little project wayback when http://web.archive.org/web/20050212100146/www.planetquake.com/gangsters/about_intro.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Go on Insomniac, make an awesome Resistance 3 and silence all the critics!

For the record, i like R1 more than R2 ;) !

I am waiting Insomniac ......but you can take time, as R2 had 60player MP, 8 player co-op and a SP campaign, so you guys have a lot riding on R3, I would say :cool: !

I feel that's a huge cop-out on your part. Generic my ass.

There are DOZENS of considerably more generic designs out there. What the hell does that even MEAN by the way? What about it is "generic"? That means you would class it as having a lot in common with other designs.

I just really feel people use "generic" and "it's not unique" when they can't put their thoughts into words. I think the bigger issue is you probably couldn't get into the visuals and setting rather than the designs and art style.

To begin with, you don't have to act immature because we share a different opinion on the quality of the Resistance series.I just feel that the character designs are nowhere near as creative as the designs found in their other games like Ratchet and Clank.I really liked Ratchet and Clank's character designs as it was interesting and unique.

I had no problem with the visuals nor the setting of the game as I just couldn't get into the game because it honestly bored me alot.Im fine with you enjoying the Resistance games but don't act disrespectful because a person doesn't consider that particular game to be any fun.

To begin with, you don't have to act immature because we share a different opinion on the quality of the Resistance series.I just feel that the character designs are nowhere near as creative as the designs found in their other games like Ratchet and Clank.I really liked Ratchet and Clank's character designs as it was interesting and unique.

I had no problem with the visuals nor the setting of the game as I just couldn't get into the game because it honestly bored me alot.Im fine with you enjoying the Resistance games but don't act disrespectful because a person doesn't consider that particular game to be any fun.

Well, what am I supposed to do when someone says something is "generic" which couldn't be further from the truth? GAMING in general, at this point, is "generic" by definition. I'm not questioning your like for the franchise, rather, the word choice you used to describe it. Ratchet and Clank have "generic" character designs.

I'm just tired of gamers getting lazy and using "generic" as their scape goat when they aren't interested in something. At least put some effort into it, let folks know what you didn't like (which you did in your second post).

Still, I question people who don't find Resistance fun, particularly because they rarely give any examples, and I think it has more to do with their rooted expectations or enjoyment of another franchise and it's setting overall, rather than anything that Resistance does or does not do.

I liked the single player campaign for Resistance 1 a lot, enough to play it through to the end and thoroughly enjoying it. Didn't like the multi-player mode as much. The reverse is true at the moment for me with part 2 - can't make myself go through the single player, but the multi-player is pretty good stuff (although I played most of it in the beta).

I played a tonne more Killzone though. I'm not sure why exactly, but it's pacing and atmosphere and overall presentation is just much more immersive to me.

RFOM's campaign has a great atmosphere, gloomy, oppressed, and a ton of memorable moments. Resistance 2 is more balanced gameplay-wise, but that mood isn't there anymore. It doesn't feel as significant. If that makes any sense.

If Insomniac does something like Resistance 2 co-op again, I'll buy that in a heartbeat. After the backlash about the lack of campaign co-op, I hope they don't overcompensate and throw that out. It's so much fun.

RFOM's campaign has a great atmosphere, gloomy, oppressed, and a ton of memorable moments. Resistance 2 is more balanced gameplay-wise, but that mood isn't there anymore. It doesn't feel as significant. If that makes any sense.

If Insomniac does something like Resistance 2 co-op again, I'll buy that in a heartbeat. After the backlash about the lack of campaign co-op, I hope they don't overcompensate and throw that out. It's so much fun.

I agree about the atmosphere, it seemed like R2 was headed in this direction of action title over anything else. The only area in R2 that gave me that same "vibe" was Chicago, which is by far the greatest section of R2 by a mile. Going through the abandoned buildings, and the sun-lit alleys fighting off grims was great. I just wish they would have thrown in a bunch of other enemies there as well.

RFOM MP was so good...it was the closest counterpart of Quake on consoles. [while not being quake]

Speak it brother! RFOM is still one of my favorite games of the entire gen - even the name is superior. I am hoping that R3 returns a bit of that grit and visceral feel. I am in some ways excited for where it seems like the plot is going, and in some other ways nervous.

I just wish they would have thrown in a bunch of other enemies there as well.

I would have loved to have seen the big enemies from RFOM like Widowmakers and Angels patrolling the Chicago streets. But the focus in Resistance 2 seems to be on humanoid enemies and bots during normal gameplay with the big stuff reserved for boss fights..:mad:

Humanoid enemies are fine for me. :)

May be I am masochistic. I really liked how they crank up the enemy AI in 8P co-op. Basically, I like the idea of human co-op fighting against a full strength AI squad. I want to see what the best AI can do (Don't rely on long health bar !). It kinda reminds me of the Predator or Alien movies.

In the R&C:ACiT Insomniac planet, you can create 2 custom monsters and let them fight it out with other monsters.

It would be cool if they can expand on this idea for R3 co-op or even SP.
If he's still alive, Nathan is now a reborned monster
. The Chimeran Angel is supposed to be able to control other Chimera soldiers. Each class has different characteristics. Perhaps, they can reintroduce the weapon wheel with more Chimeran power. Or allow us to form a squad of supporting Chimeran bots.

You're saying to have Hale return as some kind of leading Chimera figurehead with an army at his disposal? So in co op one player is the squad leader (Hale) who is commanding different chimera foot units? Seems like a cool idea, but who's side would they be on :?: Don't think it would be as interesting fighting SRPA ;)

Perhaps you could have berserks where you call in a swarm of leapers or Goliath fire :)

You're saying to have Hale return as some kind of leading Chimera figurehead with an army at his disposal? So in co op one player is the squad leader (Hale) who is commanding different chimera foot units? Seems like a cool idea, but who's side would they be on :?: Don't think it would be as interesting fighting SRPA ;)

Yes, either control Chimera foot units, or use their power (weapon wheel) via their body parts.

As for who he's fighting for, I don't have the faintest clue. :)

Perhaps you could have berserks where you call in a swarm of leapers or Goliath fire :)

That might work too. Actually, I'd love to see some AI formation.

You know what ? They could also summon another player (co-op boss) to fight me like Demon's Souls. It's like those pesky Chimeran insects entered his body, possessed him to fight us. ^_^

Is there any news from Insomniac regarding R3? Other than the bill board and things.

I think the only thing they have said is that they are working on 2 titles and then later clarified that they always work on two titles, probably to be able to release one each year.

And that the Full Moon Show, probably will not return before the summer, since it depends on when they can release info on their next game.

I read this on their blog.

Because I just looked it up: E3 is June 15th-17th this year. If they don't release info now, they might as well save it until then.

Back