Frontlines: Fuel of War--32 players, Dedicated Servers, BF style gameplay

From the short taste the demo gives, Single player gameplay is respectable and the graphics on their own are fairly impressive. However, the game runs like a dog, lots of framerate drops along with all the tearing that comes with when maintaining vsync. If multiplayer is fun and runs better I can still possibly see getting it, but at this point it looks like another game I'll pass on, or at least the 360 version.

The single player game seems decent, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. I am disappointed that there isn't a multiplayer component to this demo. My interest in this game is solely in the multiplayer component, so unfortunately I don't know anymore about the gameplay than I did before I played the demo.

From the short taste the demo gives, Single player gameplay is respectable and the graphics on their own are fairly impressive. However, the game runs like a dog, lots of framerate drops along with all the tearing that comes with when maintaining vsync. If multiplayer is fun and runs better I can still possibly see getting it, but at this point it looks like another game I'll pass on, or at least the 360 version.

I agree my son was playing it today and it looked choppy especially after playing COD4 all day.

I'm all for a team based that actually works at encouraging team play,but it's a lofty goal that I've only seen one game achieve very well and that's Doomsday mode for NOLF2.
I wish them all the luck though as I'm was a big BF fan myself and would like to find another great MP game to get me back into it.

I didn't really notice much in the way of tearing or framerate drops for me, there was some texture pop tho. Graphics and gameplay are passable.

I like the drones, the combat control is fairly simple, my biggest fear right now for multi-player is that it would be a snipers paradise, but I guess that will depend on the maps.

Surprised no one is talking about the MP demo(which has been up in Live for a while).

In short: Its not bad. IMO, it's the closest any console game has come to BF2 on the PC. But it isn't quite there. Although some parts look really good, the game overall looks drab. And the ground vehicles are rather difficult to control. Draw distance sucks too.

Having said all that, it actually is fun to play once you get used to it. And dedicated servers rock hard. I have been playing on a Euro server and there is hardly any lag (I'm on the west coast of the US). I'll be picking this one up.

Edit: By the way, gamespot says the game will ship with support for 50 players over Live. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played it too. It's definitely different than BF2 with the different "support" classes. I found it really fun but I saw like a weird lag sometimes where after I fire the gun, it takes like 3 seconds for the bullet to hit the wall right in front of me but hopefully that was taken care of. It takes a lot of practice to get good with all the different robots, vehicles, and guns though. I'd say it's harder to get into than BF2 which only took a couple days before you got the hang of it.

Back