RDNA4

This post’s accuracy is not substantiated. Exercise discretion and wait for verified sources before accepting its claims.
Availability to OEMs... then wait another 6 months to find it on the shelves at any quantity...
wonderful cope, hawk-u (those are supposed to be later) is in $600 shitbooks right as we speak.
You never cease to amaze me, truly.
What product name/tier do you think they'll use for the fastest part, x700 or x800?
Probably x700 given the pricing bracket.

Can we at least attempt to keep the discussion and attitudes towards one another respectful?

Probably x700 given the pricing bracket.

I would be genuinely surprised. By every rumor it will be faster than a 7800xt, I think they can sell N48 as x800 and x700 without any kind of issues. I'm just hoping they have the sense to not use x900.

This post’s accuracy is not substantiated. Exercise discretion and wait for verified sources before accepting its claims.
I think they can sell N48 as x800 and x700 without any kind of issues
Obviously but it's a tiny die so they may price it semi-aggressively to get back to the historical 30-ish% mss.
Console revenue is very-very dead so it's up to Radeon to pick the slack now.

Obviously but it's a tiny die so they may price it semi-aggressively to get back to the historical 30-ish% mss.
Console revenue is very-very dead so it's up to Radeon to pick the slack now.

They'll price it at whatever the highest total profits are assumed to be. If the high one is 4070ti/tis tier, and Nvidia has it's marketing advantage that would mean $699 at most, though $599 might be more likely especially with the smaller than 7800 dies size anyway. "Better than Nvidia in every way for the same price!"

Then mayb 56CU 2.9ghz or whatever for the cut down one, $499? Smart would be cut down the ram to 12gb too, $449 sound like a very sweet price point.

It's the lower end one I'm curious about, 16gb 4060ti competitor for $349? 8gb 28Cu/etc. for $249?

You were the one pushing the notion that N33 would be this MASSIVE push by AMD to grab laptop marketshare and how it would completely change the market.
because it was supposed to be!
Until you miss the perf/power target by a huge margin, making your designs let's just say unviable for laptops.
How do you never learn to stop talking with 100% confidence about everything?
Because it's true!
I wasn't the only one saying that, anyway. And the time of vindication comes for all, soon. Very, very soon.

how any of this is relevant to hawk-u being in $600 ideapad 5's is beyond me but whatever floats your boat.

They'll price it at whatever the highest total profits are assumed to be.
My guess would be pricing them about as aggressively as 7800XT - so a tad below competing offers but not by any huge amount. A huge amount will likely prompt a fast reaction from Nvidia essentially killing off that advantage.
Then again all cards are below their MSRPs right now anyway so MSRPs may not even be indicative of actual market comparisons for any new launch.

My guess would be pricing them about as aggressively as 7800XT - so a tad below competing offers but not by any huge amount. A huge amount will likely prompt a fast reaction from Nvidia essentially killing off that advantage.
Then again all cards are below their MSRPs right now anyway so MSRPs may not even be indicative of actual market comparisons for any new launch.

If rumored specs are accurate then raster performance should be in the ballpark of the $800 4070 Ti super. If AMD wants to turn heads they could offer that performance for $600. $500 would make more sense for x700 naming though.

Consoles are very dead
What do you mean by this? Without more context i'm almost positive i'm not taking this statement the way it was ment. You mentioned revenue above being dead, but it takes me back to the way I took the quoted comment. If revenue on those is dead it makes no sense to continue with the market? Is there some kind of rumor/info that AMD is going to abandon that market?

They're tiny mainstream dies, they can afford to price them aggressively to reclaim the historic 30%-ish mss.
Consoles are very dead so it's up to Radeon to pick up some slack.
I don't want to stack up on you... but AMD has already realized that small dies, outside of extraordinaire circumstances, simply don't work.
What has changed to simplfy that? Embedded and/or mobile TAM seems to be what you are implying.
That has to be a pretty "big" win... and/or a significant step into consistent marketplace positioning to get the "big" win.

Edit- Most of the confusion surrounds the "supposed" RDNA4 being a "stop-gap" for "Radeon".
Maybe that isn't the case in other markets, but how does that carry the water to float other divisions?

Last edited:
Back