NVIDIA Q2 Results

1B in the bank: check.
Fab: does VIA has one for C7 production (a much more complex x86 chip, actually) ? I don't think so... I fact, they are made at TSMC, just like most GPU's.

If VIA, a much smaller company, can design CPU's, why couldn't NV ?

Freescale does PowerPC-based products for embedded aplications for years (routers and other network equipment, cars, cell-phones, etc).
I can't see why they wouldn't be willing to license a design to Nvidia, perhaps even collaborating further down the road.
LOL the 1b$ for CPU RD, isnt going to go over well for investers, who would run fast from the 5b$+ just to ramp up to get a product out to compete with intell and amd in 5 years.NOT a chance. Now they could go after the smaller stuff. But then is it really a good investment? Does it add to there core? Do they want to run lean during ramp up? MAybe they have a chipset issue and loose a year to ati and intell then what about that 1b$ in the bank? If anything i think they would work with sony and its fabs.

LOL the 1b$ for CPU RD, isnt going to go over well for investers, who would run fast from the 5b$+ just to ramp up to get a product out to compete with intell and amd in 5 years.NOT a chance. Now they could go after the smaller stuff. But then is it really a good investment? Does it add to there core? Do they want to run lean during ramp up? MAybe they have a chipset issue and loose a year to ati and intell then what about that 1b$ in the bank? If anything i think they would work with sony and its fabs.

To compete with Intel and AMD on desktop CPU's is one thing.
To compete with them both on mobile devices is an entirely different matter.
X86 still has a lot of catching up to do in such cases.

Sony's fabs ?
Humm, no, i don't think so.
Sure, they could use their fabs..., but they would still have no architecture of their own.
Does Sony have a mobile CPU family in-house ?
Even Cell is mostly an IBM thing.

Thanks NV. :) I made a stupid amount of money from you guys in a matter of a month or two. lol. Time to take the profit and run, Im not that greedy.

epic

LOL I'm waiting for it to hit 30 ;) , then I'll sell.

A pretty penny ;)
I should have waited to sell it at 30, but i just am not 24/7 connected to the internet to see whats happening to the stockmarket/news. ~27 is good enough for me.

epic

I'm waiting for $45 after I launch a "NVIDIA Selected for Nintendo DS-2" rumor, followed by a "IBM To Buy NVIDIA - Aiming for Console Market Dominance" rumor ;)

Uttar
P.S.: And no, I wouldn't do that - while I might be evil, I'm not here to get 50 years of jailtime on "nonsider trading" (TM), hah!

I should have waited to sell it at 30, but i just am not 24/7 connected to the internet to see whats happening to the stockmarket/news. ~27 is good enough for me.

epic

I hear ya made the mistake of buying at a few shares at 27 a month and half ago, so I have a wait on them, but I have baught a lot more at lower prices, so I'm just thinking about getting rid of them all at once :D

Back