Rain

Rain, New Trailer For The PS3

So the Playstation 3 isn’t dead just out of the gate, yet. It already has a highly anticipated exclusive that doesn’t happen to be Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Resident Evil, Gran Turismo or Devil May Cry. Rain is the latest in the stealthy survival-horror genre, and there’s a new trailer that showcases the game’s unmistakable visual presentation and dark themes.

If you regurgitated Resident Evil and took Splinter Cell and grinded it up with a chainsaw, you’d get Rain for the Playstation 3. This is a gory blast-fest that’s gilded in the likes of stealthy gameplay. So players will do a lot of sneaking and a lot of zombie zapping...literally. Honestly the game looks a bit cheesy. But if things get evened out before it’s released and there’s some more intensity added to the fray, it could be a pretty cool game. You can check out the trailer below.

Game looks quite PS2-ish IMO. :???:

I'm sorry to say this but that game looks terrible..

Almost N64-level on the drabness of levels. Hardly any polys anywhere. Must not be very talented modelers because the buildings on those streets were just textured boxes. No windowframes or nothing.

Also I doubt the controls were with a joypad. Looked preanimated/scripted tome. Aim was too perfect.. nobody aims like that with a thumbstick.

Luckily there are much better titles coming for PS3.

Peace.

PS: usual "it's just a prerelease version" disclaimer applies I guess. it still looks the suck. :cool:
Besides I really don't like horror/survival/tactical type games so even if the gfx was da bomb i twouldn't matter to me.

I didn't know this game was a PS3 exclusive...are you sure its not also available on the Xbox360?

Its ugly.

I'm sorry to say this but that game looks terrible..

Almost N64-level on the drabness of levels. Hardly any polys anywhere. Must not be very talented modelers because the buildings on those streets were just textured boxes. No windowframes or nothing.

Also I doubt the controls were with a joypad. Looked preanimated/scripted tome. Aim was too perfect.. nobody aims like that with a thumbstick.

Luckily there are much better titles coming for PS3.

Peace.

PS: usual "it's just a prerelease version" disclaimer applies I guess. it still looks the suck. :cool:
Besides I really don't like horror/survival/tactical type games so even if the gfx was da bomb i twouldn't matter to me.

It most definitely looks like a 2nd or 3rd generation PS2 game. Which begs the question...Was this a PS2 project carried over to the PS3 system?

ugh... goes to show you that the hardware in the box ins't a magical panacea; it still comes down to the developer to make the game. And that can be pulling a beauty out of the PS2, or a turd out of the PS3.

That has to be the crappiest game I have seen for this gen.

Everything from the graphics, animations, and game play elements absolutely looks like it blows.
I mean how can a developer actually think this will sell.

RUBISH

That has to be the crappiest game I have seen for this gen.

Everything from the graphics, animations, and game play elements absolutely looks like it blows.
I mean how can a developer actually think this will sell.

RUBISH

No, the award for 'crappiest game this gen' would go to Mobile Suit Gundam. Hands down.

Back