Rage (id Software)

I love the looks of this game and that it runs at 60 FPS, but it has major competition in the visuals department this year, so I hope it's not overlooked by the mainstream...But then again, mainstream doesn't know about the technical stuff

A little old school FPS gameplay is always good. Maybe we'll get less linear levels, too?
Can't wait to see what id put together. Although Doom3 wasn't the most impressive game ever, but maybe they've learned the right lessons...

And of course there's Doom4 in the pipe, too.

Can't wait to see what id put together. Although Doom3 wasn't the most impressive game ever, but maybe they've learned the right lessons...

I first played it on the Xbox 1 and had a blast with it
I guess what I like in ID's games is the simplicity, no "irritating" story to follow or anything, it's just to start the games and kill whatever comes on screen

I guess what I like in ID's games is the simplicity, no "irritating" story to follow or anything, it's just to start the games and kill whatever comes on screen

Assuming that you do not need to use the flashlight and shotgun at the same time that is.

=)

The monster closet within monster closet design paradigm of Doom 3 was also particularly attrocious. Let's hope that Rage does better (please ID just rip off everything great from Borderlands).

IMHO of course.

Cheers

I first played it on the Xbox 1 and had a blast with it

Agreed, I thought D3 was a great game with amazing atmosphere and for it's day it looked incredible (still holds up nicely now). Very excited about the sequel, especially since it will likely take advantage of PC hardware unlike Rage.

The new trailer looks good, its certainly a decent looking game but compared with Crysis 2 and BF2 it definately pales. Granted we've only seen the PC versions of those games so there may be more parity across the games on console but since Rage supposedly looks exactly the same on consoles as PC, it's not going to stand up well to the heavy hitters.

Seems really static. There's nothing flying around, it's like the only thing moving in the game world are the enemies and the player. But I suppose there has to be some kind of a physics engine there?

Most of the world geometry has to be static because the lighting has been baked into the diffuse texture. Moving those objects around would break the lighting.

I found the wingstick and shotgun awesome.
And the trailer was kinda badly made just like the last Brink trailer kinda boring shame because those game look awesome.

Back