Rage (id Software)

Alucardx23

Regular
I Could not find the Rage thread in console games. This game is looking impressive, not just in graphics but in animation, AI and artistic design, if this is the kind of graphics that where going to get in the next couple of years I’m ok in waiting a little more for next gen consoles. 60 frames per second and it look this good; I can only imagine what this engine can do at 30 frames when Doom 4 comes out.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705613/Hands-On-id-Softwares-Rage-from-E3-2010-Live.html

Saw the vid. Looks nice.

Edit: Seriously, this game looks visually amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the recorded g4 coverage on this game ... O - M - G.

I thought I was looking at PC coverage of the game. Ultra Smooth and crazy detail with unique textures all over the place.

It literally looks a generation ahead.

Granted, Destruction and Physics are likely sacrificed to create graphics this good on consoles, but wow is it impressive.

Graphics of the show IMO.

On the other end of the spectrum, Bethesda's other FPS looked like it could use another year or three to smooth things out.

Kudos to Carmack.

Best Graphics of the gen so far.

Shouldn't use phrases like "best graphics this gen" because you'll bring out the usual suspects and pissing matches.

But, yeah, it's looking good. If the gameplay is as good as Borderlands, I'll be all over this.

I think it looks nice but by the time it comes out, I'm afraid it won't be anything special. They really need to release the game THIS year.

Everything is prebaked, nothing technically impressive here except 60fps amd Megatexture I'm afraid.

But aren’t there a lot of games with pre baked everything, that are not open world and don’t run or animate as smooth as this one? I mean doesn’t this deserve credit, when you compare other games with the same restrictions.

Pre-baked or not, megatexture looks to be paying huge dividends. All that matters is how the end product looks, and it looks amazing. They targeted 60fps and if they hit that, all I can think is what could the game look like at 30fps?

I dont get all the raving over the graphics of this one.

Something looks off about it too, like they just took super high res static pictures and stretched them to make the background.

I mean, it looks pretty good in spots, I'm most impressed with the very beginning of the outdoor vid where he's standing inside looking at a NPC model, that looks pretty good to me.

I cant judge too well either because nobody has decent quality vid.

It does look sharp, especially for 60 FPS.

I'm much more interested in Doom 4 tbh, going 60fps is obviously sacrificing a lot of lighting features. I just can't go back to Rage after the awesome unified lighting and shadow system in Doom 3.

Yeah Doom 4 I think, if there's one game that might topple Crysis 2 for me in the future I think it might be that one, just based on Carmack's old comments, and that Doom 3 was a real envelope pusher at one time, and the fact it's generally closed environments so they ought to be able to really max things.

If this game is only slightly related to Bortherlands...count me in!

Yeah, so high quality footage of this game to judge the graphics would be nice!!
Wonder why id doesn't release proper HQ videos...

Ultragpu,pre baked or not you wont see better textures than this on consoles neither you will get as smooth gameplay.If end product looks better than virtually anything out on consoles well than thats all that matters,thats what people want.

well I donno...megatexture sure does means no repetition since its essentially a single big texture, however the actual quality of textures up close should rather be comparable to average to above average on consoles. ie. if we go by the last batch of screenshots.

Back