PSP redesign confirmed *debunked by Sony

Hm. Doesn't it already got that? 2MB graphisc memroy or somesuch I think.

Imn any case I'm sure any redesign will be mostly cosmetic only and not a change in fundamental capabilities. Like the DS or PS One and Two. Maybe they add onboard flash storage as has been rumored but they likely won't fiddle with the basic guts.

That would cost a lot and might screw with compability.
Peace.

Maybe it'll be a slide-out keypad with a touchscreen.

Put Windows Mobile 5 on it (or even Palm OS) and I am sold :devilish: A keypad and touchscreen would go a far way toward making it a viable PDA like device.

There'll probably be a redesign of sorts. They said at PSP's launch they were working on a slimmer model. Now it could be that they've changed their minds and decided the current design is pretty much ideal (and iconic), but with the recent comment, I think there is a redesign in the works, and the chap's just retracting his statement so as not to affect sales with people waiting to see what the redesign is like.

More talk of a PSP hardware revision:

Sebastian added, “[Sony] also indicated that 140 titles would launch on the PSP, while a video download service and hardware refresh are expected later this year.â€￾
Comes from an analyst though, I think!

Having used a PSP fora fair it now, there's a few things I would change in a hardware revision. The screen could do with an update. It's too slow. Works okay for games if you don't mind the mo-blur, but for movies it can mess them up a fair bit. The speakers need to be beefed up. The existing one's are way too ineffective and you have to use headphones or auxilary speakers to get the most of your sound. I think the nub could be improved to.

Back