[PSN] Fat Princess

You can give your beta code to someone else if you're not interested to participate ^_^
I believe tha_con got his from another person (who has 2 beta codes) too.

From what I hear, the game is very "bloody" despite the cartoonish look.

Maybe ill take a look at now then :LOL:

What the...

I was hoping you give your beta code to me. :devilish:

The "bloody" comment was made by one of the guys in my RFOM clan. Let me know how "bad" it is. I don't think you'll see a lot if Sony markets this as a casual/family title. If this is a core gamer title, then oh absolutely... they should add fountains of blood + blood puddle, arrows sticking into forehead, etc. in Fat Princess skirmishes.

You can give your beta code to someone else if you're not interested to participate ^_^
I believe tha_con got his from another person (who has 2 beta codes) too.

From what I hear, the game is very "bloody" despite the cartoonish look.

GAH! I wish I knew you were still looking for one! Someone I know at SCEA [undisclosed] gave me another Code, but I sent it off to a friend of mine :( Dammit...sorry man :(

... [continuing from my last post] and may be arrow sticking into tha_con's forehead.

:LOL:

I'll let you know how it is though. I didn't play last night (watched Slum Dog Millionare) but will try to play thursday (depending on how active clan night is).

The "bloody" comment was made by one of the guys in my RFOM clan. Let me know how "bad" it is. I don't think you'll see a lot if Sony markets this as a casual/family title. If this is a core gamer title, then oh absolutely... they should add fountains of blood + blood puddle, arrows sticking into forehead, etc. in Fat Princess skirmishes.
Have you not watched the videos?! Lots of blood. They need an option to disable, as gore adds nothing to the game and is not everyone's taste. They'll get a larger audience if they cater to all sides. I can understand showing it with gore to get over any 'kiddy' kneejerk reaction to the cartoon artstyle, but they shouldn't alienate the market that likes the idea of cartoony, teamwork battling; the likes of Dofus and Maple Story.

I saw the video, but it didn't strike me as "too much blood". I agree they should add a gore switch.

I paid more attention to what the players were doing, and tried to get a better look at the Princess (She is computer controlled right ? So she can't fight :(, just eat and eat).

but will try to play thursday (depending on how active clan night is).

I might be joining you this Thursday. Where do you guys meet ? In Home clubhouse, or in-game (probably easiest but the UI is a little confusing) ?

The game does have a lot of blood. When you're attacked puddles of blood spill out and when you die a big puddle of blood forms and sometimes your body gets gored into chunks. The visuals are cel shaded cartoony(I don't know wether some of you from the VC thread will claim it looks like an actual cartoon lol). The characters look more like minimates to me than cartoony.

The beta certainly shows its betaness I'm surprised it's in this state since many thought it was going to release this month or the next. Sometimes the princess disappears into the ground, the game has trouble finding games for you, when the host leaves a game it glitches out despite the game saying it found a replacement host. I've just gotten so used to betas on PSN practically being near finished sneak previews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, it is a beta :)

I would focus more on providing feedback for actual gameplay elements. The bugs will certainly get tweaked as time passes, but the gameplay issues are what need the most attention, especially when you're talking multiplayer beta.

>_< vazel, you might want to google for "Fat Princess Cartoon" and see what previews say and also its ESRB rating.

>_< vazel, you might want to google for "Fat Princess Cartoon" and see what previews say and also its ESRB rating.
What is that supposed to prove? Just because people describe it as a cartoon(heck, I do too!) doesn't mean they think it looks like an actual cartoon. There's cartoon art style and then there's actually looking like a real cartoon.

What is that supposed to prove? Just because people describe it as a cartoon(heck, I do too!) doesn't mean they think it looks like an actual cartoon. There's cartoon art style and then there's actually looking like a real cartoon.

There are many forms of cartoons. Fat Princess exceeds some of them, let alone look like one (artstyle wise)

Do you think Jet Grind Radio and Wind Waker look like hand drawn cartoons too? Because Wind Waker looks more cartoony than Fat Princess it was more emotive and had more life to it(hence my minimates comment).

It doesn't matter what WindWaker and Jack Grind Radio look like. Fat Princess can look like a cartoon to many people. Cartoon characters typically exaggerate their emotion, some behave like normal people but some show no emotion at all. It all depends on what the artists want to portrait. It's a very diverse art form. From the reader's point of view, they may or may not relate to the cartoon or story, but it doesn't mean that the subject is not a cartoon.

It doesn't matter what WindWaker and Jack Grind Radio look like. Fat Princess can look like a cartoon to many people.
Do you sincerely believe what you are arguing or are you only arguing for the sake of it because you view me as a big bad fascist? I wonder how many of the videogames you're claiming look hand drawn were even meant to fool people into thinking it was hand drawn. Because that's not how cel shading generally is. Cel shading is meant to be cartoon art style not fool people into thinking it actually looks hand drawn. Not even CG anime movies like Appleseed and Vexille can fool people into thinking it's hand drawn(and judging by comments from the production it was never meant to). If you're that out of touch with traditional animation where you're fooled that easily with cel shading in videogames at the bare minimum doesn't at least the aliasing give it away to you?
Cartoon characters typically exaggerate their emotion, some behave like normal people but some show no emotion at all. It all depends on what the artists want to portrait. It's a very diverse art form. From the reader's point of view, they may or may not relate to the cartoon or story, but it doesn't mean that the subject is not a cartoon.
And those cartoons with little life are monotone. Just like bad acting in a live action movie. The best cel shading in videogames have been the ones with rich animations. This is why the characters in the Naruto fighting game look so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
A monotonous cartoon is still a _______

Why should I waste time posting things I don't believe in ? Do you ?

A monotonous cartoon is still a _______
Except these aren't cartoons. They're cel shaded videogames. In order to make them look more cartoony you need rich animations. The high quality modeling and rich animations are what make the characters in the Naruto fighting game the best in cel shading.

I doubt it. Haven't you seen badly animated cartoons ? Those are cartoons too. It's an artstyle. Fat Princess looks like a (real) cartoon.

I have seen badly animated cartoons like the '90s Spider-Man but that was a budgetary constraint not an art style.

Mod:
Guys,
it's time to stop and agree to disagree and move back on topic, ok? And no final I just wanted to add.:cool:

Back