Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

I've said it many times but wario is talking about gamestop. Gamestop is only taking day one edition preorders which is limited edition . Gamestop has yet to turn on the standard system reservation (unless it happened late today)

Gamestop will take more than twice the amount of reserves for the standard edition (i'm hearing about 3 times the amount ) but the standard edition isn't guaranteed for launch at gamestop it will most likely come after thanksgiving.

I've heard this from DMs and Managers at gamestop.

hearsay and innuendo...

especially given gaf's bias, eat with salt...

on amazon u.s., a more open metric at least, ps4 is #1. xbone has two editions though, day 1 and standard, the former #2 the latter #5. it's possible if you combined them it's even ahead of ps4. it also seems the day 1 edition is sold out.

i dont believe that for a second though, xbone had no chance at #1 on amazon once ps4 came in at 399. Thats just a huge thing to overcome. if they were equally priced it might have been a battle...
The reports of pre-order slots was from GAF, the pre-order numbers and e-mail from a large retailer here in Canada were from a forum I frequently visit, similar to slickdeals... a non-gaming site. I've also been hearing that retailers are restricting X1 pre-orders but there's no limit to PS4 pre-orders, which is the same thing people are posting at GAF. Seems like the X1 might have significant supply issues, worse than PS4.

Whatever I think of the respective boxes, considering the current position that Xbox has in the U.S. market, I would assume that demand for the Xbox One should be higher than demand for the Playstation 4 for a while. Will be very interesting to see how supply goes though, definitely. Very exciting times, two consoles coming out so close to each other.

For anyone who placed an order on Amazon US, you may have noticed the page is now split between Launch and Standard editions. Essentially what happened was they ran out of units that they can get shipped in time for release date deliver (ie their initial allocation of "Launch" units) and then created the second SKU called "Standard" which will ship as soon as they become available. However, apparently this split and distinction between Launch and Standard didn't happen until after they sold out of Launch units, while people were still placing pre-orders. It seems they're sending emails out now to let customers know if they were able pre-ordered a launch unit in time or if they're stuck with a best effort unit (I just got an email this morning).

I hadn't fired up my 360 since just before e3, but today I noticed an interesting little "reserve now" tile on the dash's homepage with a picture of an Xbox One behind it. Curious to see what it would do (figured it would bring up IE which wouldn't work for me since I'm a Silver member) I was quite surprised to see that it actually takes me directly to an XBO pre-order page based on the MS Store! I could literally walk right through the process and place my order in a fairly easy fashion direct from the Dashboard. Very smart move, IMO. Frankly, it would be silly not use your current product to not only pimp your new one, but sell it directly as well (convenience to the end user is priceless).

Preordered PS4 while picking up TLoU.

Also reserved 1 more DS4, and 1 PSEye.

Edit: the store ran out of initial 30 PS4 allotment. I'm on the second batch that got approved yesterday.

For anyone who placed an order on Amazon US, you may have noticed the page is now split between Launch and Standard editions. Essentially what happened was they ran out of units that they can get shipped in time for release date deliver (ie their initial allocation of "Launch" units) and then created the second SKU called "Standard" which will ship as soon as they become available. However, apparently this split and distinction between Launch and Standard didn't happen until after they sold out of Launch units, while people were still placing pre-orders. It seems they're sending emails out now to let customers know if they were able pre-ordered a launch unit in time or if they're stuck with a best effort unit (I just got an email this morning).

I got an email from Amazon the other day stating the following:

"
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order. "

FWIW.....

Pre-ordered PS4 with Madden and FIFA.

The PSN Plus requirement for online gaming was going to make me at least hold off but I had a bunch of Best Buy rewards certificates expiring later this year so placed the order online.

PS4 pre-ordered at amazon, i couldn't resist :smile:

I ordered my ps4 from eb games today and so did my son(traded in his wiiU).
The au prisce is $549. Im not sure what will be the street price at launch but i doubt it will change any.

What the H?

I was just looking at the preorder page on Amazon for Xbox One.

Xbox One - releases Nov. 30th.
Battlefield 4 (Xbox One edition) - releases Oct. 29th.

so then I looked at the PS4 preorder page at Amazon.

PS4 - release Dec. 31st (huh? Is this correct?).
Battefield 4 (PS4 edition) - releases Oct. 29th.

Ummmm. You can get BF4 (next gen version) almost a month before the Xbox One and 2 months before the PS4 hits? :D I'm going to guess someone messed up entering the information into their systems, but it's an amusing mess up. :)

Regards,
SB

What the H?

I was just looking at the preorder page on Amazon for Xbox One.

Xbox One - releases Nov. 30th.
Battlefield 4 (Xbox One edition) - releases Oct. 29th.

so then I looked at the PS4 preorder page at Amazon.

PS4 - release Dec. 31st (huh? Is this correct?).
Battefield 4 (PS4 edition) - releases Oct. 29th.

Ummmm. You can get BF4 (next gen version) almost a month before the Xbox One and 2 months before the PS4 hits? :D I'm going to guess someone messed up entering the information into their systems, but it's an amusing mess up. :)

Regards,
SB

Ha ha ha, lol...maybe the BD includes the PC version and you can play this as long as the new consoles are not available?!? Sort of next gen cross play?

I got this message from Amazon UK:

We have upgraded your pre-order for the Xbox One: Standard Edition to the Xbox One: Day One Edition console with commemorative controller at no extra cost.

Nice, whatever the commemorative controller is.

Nice, whatever the commemorative controller is.

xl_xboxonespecialpad.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one

Tommy McClain

I'll likely pre-order an Xbox One. The $100 is worth it to me for Kinect, no more disc swapping and keeping my achievements etc...
I have a similar point of view. Plus, 100$ is nothing when you take into account that you are buying something that can last 8-10 years.

Back