Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

I preordered my PS4 back in February. Then that store closes, and they don't bother to inform me about that until a month later. They say my preorder has been moved to a different store much further away, and they want me to pay 50€ or I probably won't get I on launch day. And I since I'm not about to give money to a store that's been closing shops down left and right, I decided not to do that.

So I go to a different store to see if I can also preorder it there. Turns out they have decided not to sell games any more. That means the 2 big game stores in my area are gone.

I just called the store that has my preorder to ask if I can pick up my PS4 on launch day, and the answer was no. That means I'll have to wait for the second shipment. And then there's still a chance I won't receive one.

I guess call around on launch day to see if any stores still have a PS4 available.
I can feel your pain, maybe you could be lucky if you found a cancelled pre-order -like Shompola's- at Game, Gamestop and the like.

If I were you I'd call just in case.

Sorry to hear that Cornsnake. It's ok. Dark Souls II is in March. :p

I'm playing Dark Souls right now instead of Dragons Crown which I still need to finish. :p So PS4 or no, I still have games to play.

I can feel your pain, maybe you could be lucky if you found a cancelled pre-order -like Shompola's- at Game, Gamestop and the like.

If I were you I'd call just in case.

I live in the Netherlands. There aren't that many dedicated game stores around here. Gamemania is probably the biggest, and that's also where I preordered. Beyond that it's just toy and electronics stores in my area. I'm going to try and see if any of them still has a PS4 available for launch.

The odds are improving. :D

The store that previously said they are going to quit selling games are still going to quit selling games, but they could order me a PS4. Now they don't know how many they'll receive, but they are unlikely to have many preorders since they weren't taking preorders before.

You know I'd much buy my PS4 in this store. None of that paying up front nonsense here.

I'm playing Dark Souls right now instead of Dragons Crown which I still need to finish. :p So PS4 or no, I still have games to play.

I live in the Netherlands. There aren't that many dedicated game stores around here. Gamemania is probably the biggest, and that's also where I preordered. Beyond that it's just toy and electronics stores in my area. I'm going to try and see if any of them still has a PS4 available for launch.
I thought there would be a Game of some sorts there, or Gamestop. Any news regarding your pre-order?

I finally!! paid mine today, a few minutes ago.

I was expecting their email confirmation -I had it reserved since June- but I am not sure if I am going to have it at launch date anymore. Sigh....

Now I am expecting a package in the mail, but I don't know. If I am the luckiest person, I can have it tomorrow. The shipment is due in 1 or 2 working days.

Wish it is one....

I did some more checking and Gamestop claims the Killzone bundle will be available mid december if I put a down payment on it now..... So I do wonder what to do, gamble I can get one on launch day from some obscure shop. Or play it safe.

But I am going to a christmas party this saturday where I know a person from the distributors will be present, so I guess I need to buy some drinks. Shame she likes girls, then again, not sure my odds would be much better if she liked guys. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a shipment notification from AMZ for the XBO, controller and play and charge kit I ordered. The headset I ordered, however, was cancelled, thankfully, since I had ordered it before they announced they were bundling one in (and forgot about it completely until now). Now I just need MS to release a battery charge station like the one for the 360.

I thought there would be a Game of some sorts there, or Gamestop. Any news regarding your pre-order?

I finally!! paid mine today, a few minutes ago.

I was expecting their email confirmation -I had it reserved since June- but I am not sure if I am going to have it at launch date anymore. Sigh....

Now I am expecting a package in the mail, but I don't know. If I am the luckiest person, I can have it tomorrow. The shipment is due in 1 or 2 working days.

Wish it is one....

No new news really. I'll get a telephone call if I can come pick up my PS4 for either of my preorders. Of course I'm not going wait until they call me, I'll probably call them the day before. I took whole day off next friday, so I'm either going to be playing games, or trying find a PS4 elsewhere.

Good luck with your shipment, I hope you receive console tomorrow.

xboxone has gone on sale first in the world here in NZ, Looks like theres a few in stores to pick up. So if you want one desperately catch a flight over :)

The odds are improving. :D

The store that previously said they are going to quit selling games are still going to quit selling games, but they could order me a PS4. Now they don't know how many they'll receive, but they are unlikely to have many preorders since they weren't taking preorders before.

You know I'd much buy my PS4 in this store. None of that paying up front nonsense here.

I remember for the PS3 launch, driving to a Sony Store at like 5 AM in the morning, waiting in line for about an hour while it was pitch dark, then being told they were out.

Then a couple of days later, managed to get one because they honored the tickets they'd given out that morning. But it was another long drive.

For PS2, I had to keep calling stores and then finding one and had to skip out of the office to pick it up before it was gone.

For PS4, I just preordered. Didn't require a deposit or anything but they periodically kept checking my card to see if it was valid. Not a big deal since the preorder was over 5 months before launch. They didn't charge my credit card until they shipped the day before launch.

I remember for the PS3 launch, driving to a Sony Store at like 5 AM in the morning, waiting in line for about an hour while it was pitch dark, then being told they were out.

Then a couple of days later, managed to get one because they honored the tickets they'd given out that morning. But it was another long drive.

For PS2, I had to keep calling stores and then finding one and had to skip out of the office to pick it up before it was gone.

For PS4, I just preordered. Didn't require a deposit or anything but they periodically kept checking my card to see if it was valid. Not a big deal since the preorder was over 5 months before launch. They didn't charge my credit card until they shipped the day before launch.

I've never had to stand in line or drive very far to buy a console at launch. I guess that's the benefit of having many smaller stores compared to a few big chains. It still took me 6 days after launch to find a PS2 though.

The PS3 was very easy to find. I got one day one. I remember reading that there were 10 times as many consoles available compared to the PS2's launch. But that's probably also because the European launch was delayed until march.

It's actually really nice having a close to simultaneous launch for the first time. Even if I don't find a PS4 at launch, it'll never take as long as we used to have to wait.

If Gamemania is the first to come through, I may still have to make an hour long drive. But that'll also be last time I go there.

Some more clarification from the GS conference call.. stolen from gaf

all he said was that there are 2.3 million people on the first to know list (source: I listened to the call)

he did share these numbers though:

ps4 sell through 80% higher than total amount of PS3s sold in 2006 fiscal year

xb1 allocation 15% higher htan total amount of 360s sold in 2005 fiscal year

So that would make ~2.8 million PS4's and ~1.7 million XB1's these sources (SONY) and (MS) figures are correct.

Good starts for both consoles. Global sales figures will be the real story though!

Those numbers aren't right. Gamestop is talking about NA numbers only and remember its only for gamestops sales. So I wouldn't exactly round the numbers up so much . There are more gamestops now than 2005(gamestop/eb combined would have been 3,200 and now there are 4429)

Remember it wasn't until april of 2005 that gamestop bought eb games. So who knows if the numbers for xbox 360 include both sets of stores ( eb game's stores would almost double the amount of stores gamestop had) . all the information I can find says they weren't merged till 2006.

Its hard to get anything useful out of those numbers

No new news really. I'll get a telephone call if I can come pick up my PS4 for either of my preorders. Of course I'm not going wait until they call me, I'll probably call them the day before. I took whole day off next friday, so I'm either going to be playing games, or trying find a PS4 elsewhere.

Good luck with your shipment, I hope you receive console tomorrow.
A brief update: I am not entirely sure I am receiving it today but my tracking number says that it might be shipped "today" or the next working day. I can track the package now, which is a good sign.

Still, I am not entirely sure the residential delivery is due today.

I won't get my X1 until next week at the earliest. My item sold on Ebay for $800 but my Paypal account won't have the funds available until late Nov/early Dec.:mad:

I wonder if my Amazon preorder will still be held until then.

Those numbers aren't right. Gamestop is talking about NA numbers only and remember its only for gamestops sales. So I wouldn't exactly round the numbers up so much . There are more gamestops now than 2005(gamestop/eb combined would have been 3,200 and now there are 4429)

Remember it wasn't until april of 2005 that gamestop bought eb games. So who knows if the numbers for xbox 360 include both sets of stores ( eb game's stores would almost double the amount of stores gamestop had) . all the information I can find says they weren't merged till 2006.

Its hard to get anything useful out of those numbers

Gazzoks, you're right. They're global sales and not just NA. And of course not just Gamestop.

Mine is on the way as well . ATM it is at the postal logistic center just 20 km away. Should arrive early tomorrow. :D

So I call the where I had my second pre-order. They tell me that they are not part of the first shipment, and won't have any PS4's available tomorrow. :cry:

Nothing to do but make some call other other stores to see if any of the still PS4's available. Of course it's the expected story. No, we don't have enough for anyone with a pre-order to begin with.

Then I call a store that says they mistake with their pre-orders, they ordered one too many. :oops: And it is still available. :D So I immediately pre-order it, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. :runaway:

Back