Nvidia Geforce Drivers Release Announcement thread

GeForce 560.70 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 560.70 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.7.16
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
Language: English (US)
File Size: 695.43 MB

Game Ready

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Dungeonborne, Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn, and Stormgate.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • N/A

Fixed General Bugs
  • [NVENC] Quality and bitrate settings are ignored at 10-bit encoding [4697900]
  • [OBS] Scaling 10-bit HVEC or AV1 content down below 50% in viewport shows corruption for some configurations [4496901]
  • [Unity] Artifacts when rendering overlapped geometry on anti-aliased framebuffer [4616564]
  • [Adobe Premiere] Visual corruption in Source and Program Monitor Previews when using 555.85 driver [4679207]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v560.70)
Download

GeForce 560.81 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Version: 560.81 WHQL
Release Date: 2024.8.6
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
File Size: 668.7 MB

Game Ready for Hunt: Showdown 1896

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology including Hunt: Showdown 1896 featuring DLSS Super Resolution.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • [Farming Simulator 22] Game may crash when loading on GeForce RTX 30/40 series with 560.70 driver [4751153]

Fixed General Bugs
  • [GeForce Experience/NVIDIA App] If GPU utilization gets stuck at 0% within Performance overlay, games may display stutter [4720547]
  • Full range of refresh rates not available on same monitors [4752570]
  • NVIDIA Container showing high CPU utilization [4745922]

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v560.81)
Download

GeForce 560.94 WHQL Game Ready Driver

Driver Version: 560.94 | WHQL
Release Date: Tue Aug 20, 2024
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit,
Windows 11
File Size: 701.11 MB

Game Ready for Black Myth: Wukong & Star Wars Outlaws

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3.5 technology including Star Wars Outlaws. Further support for new titles leveraging DLSS technology includes Black Myth: Wukong, FINAL FANTASY XVI, and Concord which support DLSS 3. In addition, this driver supports the launch of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2.

Fixed Gaming Bugs
  • N/A
Fixed General Bugs
  • [Octane Benchmark]: Unable to finish octane benchmark [4744794]

Download

There's always been games that needed a certain driver or above to work, most famous was Alien vs Predator for about 2 years nvidia claimed it couldn't be fixed in the driver(despite it working on earlier drivers) , so a modder had a look at it found the problem and released a fix, next driver version had a profile that made the fix not needed - the take home is nvidia didn't bother trying to fix it, and just told people it couldn't be fixed
the other famous problem was the opengl extension limit bug, some games got a profile those that didnt could be made to work by renaming the exe to quake3.exe or mohaa.exe. They eventually did have an option to limit the opengl extensions reported to a game (i wonder if that option still exists)
Edit: no I guess they assume no one will play one of the affected games I doubt they've created profiles for all of them.

It's more common in the old days because D3D spec was not as clear and sometimes old drivers had some bugs which games were designed around those bugs (or the devs probably think they are the intended behavior). Once those bugs were corrected, old games suddenly don't work correctly, especially if they are very old and no longer being maintained. Unfortunately, new games might rely on the new "correct" behavior so you can't just revert the corrections, because new games probably won't work (and, in principle, a driver should behave correctly instead of catering to some old historical incorrect behvaior anyway). It can be quite cumbersome to maintain a list of games and deliberately work in an incorrect manner. If a game is very popular it's probably worth doing it, but a popular game is also more likely to be properly maintained and wouldn't have to rely on these hacks.

As I said, the problem is when you need to make a speicifc profile for a game, what's the criteria? How popular a game should be to justify it? I mean, people are complaining that drivers are getting too big, and game specific profiles are part of the reason. Not to mention that it takes resources to do so.
As for your example, at least to me it's not hard to imagine that NVIDIA didn't want to spend resources on fixing the game (it's quite possible that it's not even their fault). Once someone did that hard work, they knew how to do it and just applied the fix.

Personally I really don't like application specific fixes, partly because I'm a software engineer myself. Poeple love to say that Windows is bloated, but one of the reason why Windows is so bloated is because they have a lot of application specific fixes, for compatibility reasons. It's already very hard to resist, I really don't think people should encourage this kind of behavior. Application vendors should fix their applications, not to rely on OS or drivers to take care of their problems.

at least to me it's not hard to imagine that NVIDIA didn't want to spend resources on fixing the game
Exactly, so why not state that, dont lie about it and claim it's unfixable. It worked with older drivers so it's not like they didn't know how to fix it

Personally I really don't like application specific fixes
Nvidia have made a rod for their own back
I've been complaining about this for years that's the reason we have graphics drivers that are bigger than the entirety of windows XP and will soon be too big to fit on a cd.

Last edited:
Exactly, so why not state that, dont lie about it and claim it's unfixable. It worked with older drivers so it's not like they didn't know how to fix it

Nvidia have made a rod for their own back
I've been complaining about this for years that's the reason we have graphics drivers that are bigger than the entirety of windows XP and will soon be too big to fit on a cd.

Yet you want NVIDIA to "fix" other people's problem.
As I explained, something "worked" with older driver does not mean it's fine. I don't know exactly what's the problem with the game, but generally it's should be the game's dev to fix problems, not the other way around.
If you don't like drivers being too large, you should argue for the devs to fix the problems, not the IHV to "fix" with their drivers.

Yet you want NVIDIA to "fix" other people's problem.
No I want nvidia to not lie and claim it cant be fixed, I would have accepted "sorry it's an old title it's not worth our time to fix it"

As I explained, something "worked" with older driver does not mean it's fine.
No but it does mean it can be fixed, as does the game working fine on amd cards, intel igp's and newer nvidia drivers

Last edited:
Since the game worked with Nvidia's newer drivers it seems to indicate maybe it was unfixable at the time the issue was identified.
Just because a modder's hack worked means very little in relation to updating the driver/game software to provide a complete fix.

Platforms like NexusMods provides fixes to many game issues but does not mean it is a proper fix or what other issues it might create.

It was certainly fixable before the issue was identified. Other ihv's had no problem fixing the issue
unless you believe that for some period of time nvidia drivers lost the ability to clear the z-buffer
Just because a modder's hack worked means very little in relation to updating the driver/game software to provide a complete fix.
The game was updated, the modder downloaded the sourcecode found the problem fixed it and then recompiled it i'd say that qualifies as updating the software and providing a complete fix.

Last edited:
It was certainly fixable before the issue was identified. Other ihv's had no problem fixing the issue

The game was updated, the modder downloaded the sourcecode found the problem fixed it and then recompiled it i'd say that qualifies as updating the software and providing a complete fix.

I'm curious, if the game can be fixed this way, why the devs didn't just apply a similar fix, but to rely on a driver fix?
Again, I don't know the exact nature of the problem, but to me it's not clear whether it's a real driver bug or just a software bug. Many times drivers have to accomodate software bugs, and I'm just saying that we shouldn't encourage this.

no bloody idea, could be that ihv's are to partly blame for allowing them to get away with it
I agree with you, I've stated ever since nvidia introduced game profiles that it's the wrong approach, they should have spent their time optimising the driver for direct3d rather than individual games.

I agree with you, I've stated ever since nvidia introduced game profiles that it's the wrong approach, they should have spent their time optimising the driver for direct3d rather than individual games.
Profiles are there for game specific features and user control. The driver is generally optimized for every application, even when some of them are being launched as optimized for just one particular it is usually a generic optimization.

Back