News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm - this is a letter to the employees. Read the whole thing. Given that he backs up everything they do, he could hardly exclude the XBOX without sending a clear message of impending doom.

Also note that he motivates XBOX primarily through its benefits to other divisions. Take a guess at the internal discussions motivating his phrasing in the letter.

The real test of course is investor sentiment over the coming year to year and a half.

Amazing.

He could have not said anything about Xbox, instead of specifically raising a point about it and stating his confidence in continuing to promote and develop the product.

Amazing.

He could have not said anything about Xbox, instead of specifically raising a point about it and stating his confidence in continuing to promote and develop the product.

If Xbox was a football coach he'd be thinking about getting his Linkedin profile updated about now.

So what are the chances that with windows 9 we get a buy once play anywhere with Xbox / windows ?

For example if I buy dead rising 3 on my xbox one digital copy , I can then also download it through the windows store and play it on my pc or my surface ?

This is what i'm really hoping for .

Its is. Quite.
Do you think we will have a handheld Xbox? If so, I'd like to have it.

"I also want to share some additional thoughts on Xbox and its importance to Microsoft. As a large company, I think it’s critical to define the core, but it’s important to make smart choices on other businesses in which we can have fundamental impact and success. The single biggest digital life category, measured in both time and money spent, in a mobile-first world is gaming. We are fortunate to have Xbox in our family to go after this opportunity with unique and bold innovation. Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox. Xbox is one of the most-revered consumer brands, with a growing online community and service, and a raving fan base"

hahahahah, you made my day with that comment. Xboy sounds better, but Xbox phone? Who'd buy that?
A dedicated handheld is as doomed as any other like Vita. Discrete handhelds are becoming more and more niche. When talking about mobile gaming, they are talking about gaming on mobile devices. That's a market they'll chase either with XBox services on other devices, or trying to leverage XBox games to grow the Windows/MS phone OS market.

A dedicated handheld is as doomed as any other like Vita. Discrete handhelds are becoming more and more niche. When talking about mobile gaming, they are talking about gaming on mobile devices. That's a market they'll chase either with XBox services on other devices, or trying to leverage XBox games to grow the Windows/MS phone OS market.

It doesn't have to be a phone though, the Vita should've had text messaging which would've been enough for most.

It doesn't have to be a phone though, the Vita should've had text messaging which would've been enough for most.
True, but you'd want mobile network connectivity, at which point you may as well enable voice chat. Include a clever headset thing and you can have a phone that doesn't need to be held up to the head. I can't see any mobile device being released that isn't aimed at being the mobile device, which means it has to handle texts and calls. The vast majority of people aren't going to want to carry a phone and a second device.

They posted a public Job offering... for the designer of the next xbox. :oops:
Seems to be just for aesthetics and enclosure designs, not the actual hardware design. Working in Photoshop and 3D CAD software.

They do need someone quickly for the "slim" revision, there's a lot to be gained here. ;)

Amazing.

True enough, it would have been much worse if he had said nothing, of course.
But this is yet another occasion where he is defending the project, which calls attention to the fact that he feels the need to do so in the first place. And defending it with stuff like how it has helped the camera technology in Kinect for Windows is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
We'll see.

The future is bright for the console space.

Looking forward to the inevitable discussions about Xbox One's successor, as well as PS5.

Not necessarily. Current gen hardware sales, post initial-surge, are a bit troubling.

I think if MS ever gets out of gaming that could be a feasible explanation. If other platforms have eroded core gaming to such a point it's just not very worthwhile. (meaning, lets say the top console is only selling 150k per month in NPD, and the others 50-70k) But, mind you, I'm certain at the very least they'll see XBO through. This would be in deciding a successor if at all.

Sony probably wont. We see with Vita they dont really care if their platform sells like crap. I dont even know what the point of Sony's existence is anyway really :LOL: They just kind of meander along, and it doesn't seem to matter how much money they lose, as a pseudo-national Japanese conglomerate (they are not the only one in this space, I saw a gaffer refer to them as Japanese zombie corporations). I think Playstation is mostly a pride project for Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back