News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. You're xp on the preview app is way higher than mine, so I'm guessing whenever you get yours I'll get mine a couple weeks later, at best.

Went to start up a game and was hit with a ~1.1GB update for the console. It's at 80% now with 219meg left.

Not certain if it's dashboard NXE or something else.

Rebooting now.

Applying update now. Still applying update...

Preparing Console...

So far it did about 2 or 3 blank-screen processes [no signal on tv for about 4-10 seconds a piece] and is about 95% across on the progress bar.

Overall entire update process took around 15-18 minutes including download time and applying and preparing time.

I bet it is NXOE. Updates went out an hour ago & it looks like I didn't get in this week. :(

Tommy McClain

I'm on the new dashboard experience!

Overall entire update process took around 15-18 minutes including download time and applying and preparing time.

I bet it is NXOE. Updates went out an hour ago & it looks like I didn't get in this week. :(

Yup, it was NXOE.

Shame you didn't make it in this week. :(

Definitely. I'm now having to rediscover how to do certain tasks.

I don't know if one can do a screenshot while running live TV. So far the guide is quicker, only took a few seconds for things to initially come up compared to the sometimes feeling like taking forever for the old guide to come up. The mini-guide also has a top-to-bottom feel to it as well, and only lists the current time-slot and doesn't list the next time-slot. Both style guides use more transparency and let you see more of the show. It also has a picture-window mode where the live tv window is in the lower right hand corner while the rest of the screen displays the TV Guide, or the initial page for Movies or TV Shows from the MS Store.

The browser shows up as "Microsoft Edge". Seems to be temperamental when trying to play videos or put through other abuses. :D

lol I love the live blog of getting the update haha

I had to do something to keep from falling asleep and I couldnt watch TV during the update. :D

It just seemed odd that the update didnt trigger/prompt until I went to play a game. I wonder if they purposefully do that to not interrupt people if they're watching tv or movies. I didn't get any notifications earlier.

So far the NXOE is nice in what works and how it flows from a user interaction perspective.

With that said, it is still very rough with some basic problems. The community feeds dont have interactions enabled, you cant like or favorite the activities, but you can comment or report them and some of them dont display the users name on the feed item unless you select it.

I did get the entire system to crash once. I went into settings and customizations, choose a new background color then set it back to what it was. The dashboard flickered and then the xbox logo flashed and i was seeing the cold boot process. I need to see if this still happens today and then report it.

For TV I have 720p, 1080i, and 1080p modes enabled and sometimes when switching channels it gets a stuck frame, but thats a known reported issue. However sometimes it also switches the format on the xbox like native, zoom, or stretch! They say snap tv doesnt work from voice commands but its working for me, even if it isnt listed in the snap center.

I did learn a few new controller shortcuts.

Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Y at the home screen forces a dashboard refresh, so it can update the friends meld or leaferboard melds if they ever get stale (happens a few times on the old dashboard)

Start Button + Menu Button in an X360 game brings up the X360 Guide item.

Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Y at the home screen forces a dashboard refresh, so it can update the friends meld or leaferboard melds if they ever get stale (happens a few times on the old dashboard)

That is also available in the current dash. Happy you made it in...I'm opting out and will wait for the official release, but please keep the impressions coming.

I don't like change, so I am mad at my box right now. Will report back once I get used to change and get over it. LOL

It seems like there was another update today or at least a few hot patches applied. I didn't see any update process happen though.

They added some more functionality in "The Feeds", so one can now like the activities, however it's still missing ability to comment and doesn't always display the gamertag on the top level activities feed.

The left meld now looks better on the user profile section. It now displays the gamerpic of the currently signed in user and lists the other user profiles on the console, with ability to sign in and out. I'd like to see a quick link to "appear offline" / "appear online" from there.

Might be an issue installing this with an external drive attached. I get an "installation stopped" error message just after it tells me the external storage is attached during the install process. Most of the dash appears to be there though. I'll try a reset (which is now a dash option) after I removed the drive.

Things I note - iconography for settings, etc., maps very closely to Win 10, with the same icons used where applicable. The controller "Button Mapping" app is already present (though apparently not-functional) in the "Ease of Access" settings.

And totally tangentially, I note (as I had it on in the background) that getting achievements in Win 10 apps causes the XBOX Achievement notification to pop - ironically it occurred before the toast notification on the PC I was playing on popped. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as the achieves are all cloud based, but funny to see none the less.

So the message didn't pop after removing the HD.

Note the build string: 10553.1020.amd64fre.th2_xbox_rel_1510.151003-2016

"th2" is "Threshhold 2" i.e. the "November" update of Windows 10, so this preview dash is ahead of the release windows 10. Current insider builds of Win 10, as per my PC, are at 10547, so with this being at build 10553 it would seem to be at the bleeding edge of Win 10 codebase (on the PC they appear to be gearing up for an release of 10558, or later, given this build has leaked).

Might be an issue installing this with an external drive attached. I get an "installation stopped" error message just after it tells me the external storage is attached during the install process. Most of the dash appears to be there though. I'll try a reset (which is now a dash option) after I removed the drive.

Reset was in Settings before NXOE. Keep your drive attached and reset the console by holding down power on the front of the console. Power it back up after your power supply goes amber. I had an issue in previous builds that only cleared doing the above and not with the dash reset.

Didn't take me very long to figure out how to navigate the ui. It is definitely faster. I've had to report a few bugs, but overall nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back