News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New 360 update is live. Here is what it adds...

2GB Cloud Storage – Starting today you will now be able to use up to 2GB of Cloud Storage on your Xbox 360. Use your Cloud Storage to save the game saves you want to bring with you to Xbox One for Xbox One Compatible games.

Accept Terms of Use – You can now connect your Xbox 360 to a network that requires a Terms of Use acceptance (common in hotels, hospitals, and other public venues). After first connecting you will be prompted to test your Xbox Live connection and will then be directed to use Internet Explorer to login to the network. You must have the latest update of Internet Explorer first.

Redeem Codes from messages – When you receive an Xbox Live Marketplace code in a message you will now be able to redeem that code by simply pressing “Redeem Code”.

What else is in this update?

Activity Feed – Like, comment, share your friend’s activities, post new messages, watch game clips, view screenshots, and see what your friends are playing from your Xbox 360. You can access your Activity Feed by navigating to Social on your console.

See What Your Friends Are Doing – You can now see what your friends are playing on Xbox One and Windows 10 from your Xbox 360.

Microsoft Movies & TV and Groove Music – Access your movie and TV collection from Microsoft Movies & TV and your Music in Groove Music.

See your money – Your Microsoft account balance will now be shown when you are looking at the details of a game or when browsing the marketplace.

http://majornelson.com/2015/09/17/x...dds-new-features-including-2gb-cloud-storage/

That 2GB of cloud storage is nice to see. Guess I'll boot up it tonight.

BTW, anybody going to try out the New Xbox One Experience? Preview members should have their messages asking them to opt-in or not. Better read the list of known issues before committing first...

These are the current known issues for the first wave of the New Xbox One Experience, which will be rolling out at a later date.

Games and Apps: The following are known issues with specific titles on the initial New Xbox One Experience updates.

Games Failing to Launch: The following games may fail to launch:

• Guacamelee: SCTE
  • Unmechanical
  • Elite: Dangerous
  • Pool Nation FX
  • D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die
  • Xbox Fitness
  • Skylanders
  • Destiny: The Taken King
  • Game Compilation Discs (ex. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Saints Row IV).

• Forza 6: You may encounter graphical errors (screen turns a blue or purple hue) when participating in races

• Assassin’s Creed Unity: Installing Assassin’s Creed Unity DLC while the game is open will cause it to crash when the DLC finishes downloading.

• Elder Scrolls Online: Logging in to an existing character will cause an error indicating you do not have network connectivity and prevent you from connecting to the server.

• Titles with DLC installation issues: You will be unable to install DLC from game collection as no manage UI is present. Simply download the DLC and bundled title from the Store.
Apps Failing to Launch: The following apps may fail to launch:

• ABC News
  • VUDU
  • SlingTV
  • WWE
  • Showtime Anytime
  • Every Street United
  • Overdog
  • BlinkBox
  • ReddX
  • TWC TV
Apps with video issues: The following apps will launch but videos or streams will not play.

• SyFy
  • USA Now
  • BravoNow
  • TED
  • MLB
General System Issues

• System Update Errors: If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is captured. Crash data is submitted automatically; no action required on your part.
  • Party Chat: When entering connected standby with a party chat session open, after resuming from connected standby party chat may no longer function. Workaround: Hard reset the console.
  • Xbox Button: While holding down a button on the controller or plugging in a racing wheel and pressing the Xbox button, the power menu may pop up after which the Xbox button will fail to recognize input. Workaround: Hard reset the console.
  • Automatic Downloads: Content purchased from Xbox.com will not automatically download to the Xbox One console. This feature is planned to come later.
  • Browser: You will be unable to use voice commands in the browser; using voice commands in the browser will likely cause the console to hang and require a hard reset to resolve the issue.
  • My games & apps: After downloading a system update My games & apps may fail to populate. Workaround: Hard reset the console.
  • Games stuck in the queue: You may find games are unexpectedly remaining in the download queue.
  • Notifications: Friends do not receive game toast notifications.
Live TV: The following issues affect the Live TV experience:

• Cable/Satellite set top box compatibility is not yet at parity with the current Xbox One experience. Please continue to report video playback and audio issues using the Report a problem app to help us improve the experience. HDMI troubleshooting steps:
  • Go Home and press the menu button on the OneGuide app to quit, then restart it.
  • Unplug and re-plug the HDMI-in cable from the Xbox, ensuring it’s seated securely in the port.
  • With the Xbox One turned on, pull the power cord on the cable/satellite box, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
  • Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox One to perform a hard reboot of the console.
  • Dolby Digital surround sound will not work for Live TV.
  • App channels cannot be set as a Favorite.
  • The “Xbox Snap TV” voice command does not work. You can snap TV via voice command by saying “Xbox Snap OneGuide” or choosing OneGuide from the Snap Center.
  • The OneGuide pin doesn’t function. You can launch OneGuide using the app, voice commands, or from the OneGuide twist.
  • You may experience a stuck frame streaming TV to the Xbox App. You can enter OneGuide or resize your window to restore video playback.
  • The media transport controls do not work when streaming TV to SmartGlass and Xbox app clients.
  • When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.
Community Twist

• Currently this area is not fully populated with content and is missing large sections of the user experience. Activity feed content also may not be actionable and items on the trending items second level screen have not been fully tuned. As Preview moves forward content and features in this area will light up.
Xbox App/Smartglass

• SmartGlass and Xbox App Live TV/OneGuide: You may experience issues connecting to Live TV or OneGuide when connecting to the console with SmartGlass. Workaround: Set your SmartGlass connection to auto connect, quit the app, and restart. If the issue persists, hard reset the console.
  • Basic SmartGlass functionality is now available including gamepad navigation, touch navigation, remote text entry, media playback control, and companions for apps and games. Other features such as two-finger touch panning, media companions, and power on/off will not function in this build.
Accessories

• Xbox One Media Remote:
  • When resuming from connected standby the Xbox One media remote may fail to send commands; a hard reset resolves this.
  • The buttons for media playback will not work (rewind, play, pause, fast forward, skip back, stop, skip forward). The directional and center “select” button will function as normal.
  • USB TV Tuner: If you have a USB TV Tuner plugged into your Threshold Xbox One console, Windows and Windows Phone SmartGlass devices will crash when attempting to connect to the console. To avoid this, you can switch to the Xbox App on Windows 10 or reset your TV settings and avoid setting up the USB TV Tuner.
  • Third Party Steering Wheels: Using a third party steering wheel will work in games, however, it may cause instability to the console after attempting to use the Xbox button to return to the dashboard. Workaround: Hard reset the console.

Thanks Reddit!

Tommy McClain

I go the message for the invite, but will not opt in. I may later as they fix the known issues.
I think everyone gets the message to opt-in. I've selected to opt-in, but it says pending, which means from there whether I get chosen/or when I get chosen to enter the preview dashboard.

I think everyone gets the message to opt-in. I've selected to opt-in, but it says pending, which means from there whether I get chosen/or when I get chosen to enter the preview dashboard.

That's correct. I think I've decided to wait as well. I'm currently using Sling TV & my wife would never accept it not being able to load. Once they announce an update with fewer issues I will opt-in then.

Tommy McClain

I opted in. I'm brave that way. Happy to test it out for mass consumption. Doubt I'll be anywhere near the first round. I have about 750 exp in the Preview App, where some other people are well into the 1000s.

Xbox One overhaul is not for the feint of heart. Sounds like there are lots of problems expected at first. I'm going to be a good brave gamer, and risk a lot of issues for the benefit of everyone else. Praise me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/17/latest-new-xbox-one-experience-preview-update-issues

Edit: Also remember, the new OS is an Opt-in process. If you are a preview member, you won't be updated unless you specifically opt-in to the new experience program using the preview app's registration option. So don't worry about Microsoft dumping this on your console without your consent.

I opted in as well, despite seeing the massive known issues at this time. I figure by the time I get selected a good portion will be ironed out already.

If you were about to do so, be sure to move everything to an external drive first!

I really need to get of my ass and get an external for the X1. I can't get the X1 Tomb Raider until I clear some space. I'm trying to decide between a 2 or 3 TB HDD...specifically looking for one without needing external power.

If you opt-in guys, don't opt-out. It's a factory reset and all your games, save games, apps, etc will be wiped. I imagine this is because the OS is being upgraded to W10, so factory reset is the only way to go back.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3l8uuf/new_ui_preview_invite_megathread/cv4aki6

You only get reset if you leave the NXOE preview and go back to the current OS. Saves are all cloud saved now. And you either have discs or download for your games if you don't back them up to an external. Not really worried. I'll just stick with NXOE and ride it out until it's released. My guess is that patches will occur fairly rapidly and they'll want a pretty solid preview release in the hands of a lot of people before it's made available generally. I won't get in right away.

Edit: That reddit thread says updates will be done twice per week.

It's possible to use a nas?
for the purposes of just viewing media? Or for saving your games/using it as an external drive onto? If the latter, it would require a direct connection as Brit stated earlier, and also a complete format. Xbox does not like any other partitions on the drive except its own.

Dash updates are going out today.

New dash looks nice in Major Nelson's latest video...

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/644904841974710272

First time they showed Snap Center. It's confirmed that Snapped apps have now moved to the left side of the screen. Still haven't shown Cortana or Search though. Everything else seems more refined & organized. I like the new Settings organization. Microsoft might have finally found a UI that could appeal to a lot more folks.

EDIT: Youtube video

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
They've shown a bit of cortana. The demo the guy was playing forza horizon and he was able to ask if a person was online by name, and then invite them to a party and dictate some text for a video upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back